Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2022, 07:43 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 Traveler View Post
It's not only camping, but almost every other daily aspect of living. Screaming kids in restaurants, kids...and parents...throwing trash on the street instead of into trash cans, parents watching their kids running around in waiting rooms, and no respect for other peoples property.

My pet peeve is when flying and the plane lands, pulls into the gate and shuts down the engines everyone jumps up like they want to be first off the plane before the door is even opened. Push and shove and get out of MY way...I'm more important than you! Kind of like people pushing and shoving at a Walmart on Black Friday when the doors are unlocked!
You are so right about the airplane. No one looks around and let the elderly off first so they won’t get stampede on.
ceschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:06 AM   #42

You could string some yellow rope around your site.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #43
VKC

Now that is ridiculous folks. You can train som people but you can’t fix STUPID
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:01 AM   #44
VKC

I was on a camping trip for two weeks with our church. Our sites were on the water and people going to pears all walked from road straight to the pear trying to get as far from my camper as possible. They could have walked through our site to the water but they didn’t. Thanks Louisiana campers
Old 06-02-2022, 01:13 PM   #45

I had a guy literally parking in our site at a KOA recently b/c there wasn't enough room on his site (his site was on the other side of the road, 180 degrees of this pic. He wasn't even beside us). He had to park somewhere else bc his back-in didn't have any room for his truck, but no one even asked... An older guy who I believe should have known better. We were there for only a few days and we were out all day so I never said anything besides whisperings to myself and DW.
Attached Thumbnails
park.jpg  
Old 06-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
You could string some yellow rope around your site.
There was a guy a couple years ago that did just that. He had a "very vicious dog" staying in his camper so he yellow "CAUTION" taped 360 degrees around his site. If you need to put up CAUTION tape because of how vicious your dog is, maybe the dog should stay home.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:17 PM   #47

Joe & Judy, do you ever camp anywhere else?
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:37 AM   #48

Sad

You know, I agree as a rule that it is polite to ask and not assume, but I admit the thread makes me somewhat sad. I grew up in a subdivision where only one house had a fenced yard. The kids roamed freely through the yards to get to their friends homes and there was a strong network of Moms that kept an eye out on everyone. Heck, one time we launched a rocket that landed on the roof of a home, and we did not hesitate to knock on the door to ask if we could go up on their roof to get it! Welcome mats hav been replaced with no trespassing signs and purple fence posts. Not disagreeing with everyone, but a bit sad nonetheless.
wducat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #49
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wducat View Post
You know, I agree as a rule that it is polite to ask and not assume, but I admit the thread makes me somewhat sad. I grew up in a subdivision where only one house had a fenced yard. The kids roamed freely through the yards to get to their friends homes and there was a strong network of Moms that kept an eye out on everyone. Heck, one time we launched a rocket that landed on the roof of a home, and we did not hesitate to knock on the door to ask if we could go up on their roof to get it! Welcome mats hav been replaced with no trespassing signs and purple fence posts. Not disagreeing with everyone, but a bit sad nonetheless.
Unfortunate as it may be, this is the new reality. Who ever heard of a privacy fence, 50 years ago? Every neighborhood in the DFW is surrounded by an eight foot brick wall and many of them fly their own flag ( yes really, a flag) and have a name, the only requirement is the name sound woody and have the name of a creek, lake, or some other body of water i.e. Whispering Oaks Creek, Golden Willow Brook, .... even if it's between two six lane parkways, all the trees were clearcut to make room for more McMansions, and the only water in any direction for 20 miles is the city sewer. Recreation for many here is going to the same outside cafe every Sunday where they can sit and watch to see if anyone stops to look at their Maserati or a trip to the mall to buy a shirt from a kid who hates you for interrupting her just as she was about to post what she had for lunch. But I digress.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:23 AM   #50

I do agree for the most part, i grew up that way, however i did not just trample through the neighbors deck and we KNEW the neighbors ,grew up with them and had respect.
I dont know the folks camping across the way.
Mr Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
No, nothing has changed, just a lot more newbie campers that aren't aware, or just think the whole park area is theirs too. If it's not noted on the park rules, it should be. If it is, everyone should be asked to read them first.

We've already had a few instances at home of kids cutting through people's yards, and in one instance a bunch jumping the fence in our yard.
Ohh come on?!? You never cut thru a neighbor’s yard when you were a kid?
Some of the best shortcuts were thru neighbor’s yards.

But no, we never cut thru an occupied campsite and we taught our kids and visitors the same.
ericloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #52
VKC

I was taught where my yard ended and I was taught to respect other peoples property. If I ventured into another persons yard I had better be going to visit.