Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #1

Anyone give someone the RV addiction?

So I drove down to Houston, TX yesterday after church with a co-worker. He wanted me to come down with him and look over a '05 Class C, B Touring Cruiser by Gulf Stream with him. Apparently he thinks I know what I'm doing...so that joke is on him. We drove down yesterday, looked it over, spent the night in it and drove it back today...well he drove it back, I drove back his car. He got a killer deal! It only had 19k miles and I couldn't find a spec of water intrusion...generator even fired right up! I think if he didn't buy it, I might have!
So the funny part is we were driving home and talking on the phone and he tells me this purchase is all my fault! I asked how is that...he said that (apparently unbeknownst to me) RVing is ALL I talk about and so because of me he decide to dive in. So sorry ya'll...There will be one less spot available to camp in
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2417.jpg  
Old 01-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #2

Looks like a nice coach! How’d I miss it? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #3

It's sooo much more fun spending someone else's money! I put a bunch of stuff in his Amazon cart last night too!!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #4

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home

So Dan, is he going to be following you on all your journeys now? Looks like a sweet ride. Looks very well kept. Congrats to him, I bet it was fun spending easy money. Ha. And BTW, my middle older brother and his DW is wanting this lifestyle too when they retire in 8 more years. So you could say we have influenced him, and plus my oldest brother also who just bought a Big Country 5er 4 mos ago. He has a 2015 Cummins Tradesman dually to pull it with.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #5
Site Team

Yes, our neighbors spent to much time talking with us and looking at pictures. I even tried to get them to let me go with them to look at a class B about a 100 miles away. They bought it and it was a piece of crap. It was worn out but had a nice new paint job and some new curtains.

They never spent but 2 nights in it and our friendship has survived the purchase. Now I'm helping tear out all the rotted wood and making it better than it was so someone else can buy it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:55 PM   #6

That is a nice looking coach. In my experience almost new isn't too bad and can be a step above new at times. They are all going to cost $$$$$.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #7

I got it from a family member... started with a used 7 or 8 year old 5th wheel to try it out for 2 years as they suggested then last year we went with our new 325bhqs. My wife and kids love it. Now my new unit has caused both a friend of mine and cousin to both get into the camping world end of last year themselves. They both entered the same way I was suggested with a used unit to try it out. The advise I got I think is gold. Too many people jump head first with high cost new unit and then realize they dont use it enough then take a huge value hit selling a year or so later. So I tell everyone, get a used cheaper unit... it allowed me also to learn exactly what we wanted in a new unit.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #8

You've been called by the Lord to spread the light . Well done good and faithful servant.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:51 AM   #9

Nice.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #10

LOL!! My dad and I have a running "invoice" for things like this! He's about to buy a new Class C, and I'm sure that'll go on my "tab"!! His wife walked through ours when it was new, and that decision was made right at that very moment. To be fair though, they already have one, they are upgrading...

We'll go to his house and use something he has purchased, we'll really enjoy it, then we'll go buy it, or a version of it. Then it goes on his "invoice". He'll do the same thing at my house! It's just a funnier way of saying "this expenditure of funds was YOUR fault!"

We bought our TT back in the day because of DW's parents. And we upgraded to a MH partly because of them too! But more often than not, I get blamed for this one! Even though DW was the one who wanted the MH!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #11

Took one of dw's friends with us last summer. She rented a class c after that. Now she's shopping for a used x23b (like ours), a used Ford Expedition (like ours) with room for 4 kids and a dog, and she's considering buying the vacant lot next to her house to store it.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDoer View Post
Took one of dw's friends with us last summer. She rented a class c after that. Now she's shopping for a used x23b (like ours), a used Ford Expedition (like ours) with room for 4 kids and a dog, and she's considering buying the vacant lot next to her house to store it.
A little off track, but tell her to definitely buy the lot! We danced around buying a lot next to our house for years. Always had a little trouble with the money (as in we didn't want to spend it on that necessarily). The owner would have made us a deal too since he'd been holding it for a LONG time. Then one day we saw survey markers and thought "well, crap. shoulda moved faster!" The new owners built a house there, but not one good for the shape of the lot; the front of their house looks right into the side of ours, and it's set REALLY far back. It's a pie shaped lot with a square (as opposed to a deep rectangular) house on it. To this day I kick myself at least once a week for not making an offer on that lot...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
A little off track, but tell her to definitely buy the lot! We danced around buying a lot next to our house for years. Always had a little trouble with the money (as in we didn't want to spend it on that necessarily). The owner would have made us a deal too since he'd been holding it for a LONG time. Then one day we saw survey markers and thought "well, crap. shoulda moved faster!" The new owners built a house there, but not one good for the shape of the lot; the front of their house looks right into the side of ours, and it's set REALLY far back. It's a pie shaped lot with a square (as opposed to a deep rectangular) house on it. To this day I kick myself at least once a week for not making an offer on that lot...

Sounds familiar. The lot next to mine was vacant for almost 10 years. I met the owner once and told him I’d be interested in it if he ever decided to sell. One day I got home and saw the survey crew and thought I should have made him an offer way back when.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Guilty as charged

I have to say, we're guilty of this as well to some degree. We just recently traded up from our 19' TT (Kodiak Skamper 19FL) to a 32' Class A (Entegra Vision 31V) and instead of trading in the TT, we decided to keep it and let others in our family use it. My aunt and uncle used it within 2 weeks of us getting our RV and now they're going with us to Skidaway Island SP next week (and who knows where else after that) since they have access to it. One day my son and his wife will likely come with us on another trip. the amount of money we would get for it at the trade wasn't worth letting it go. Plus now we don't have to take anyone with us in our RV, they have their own. A pic of each...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E3848.jpg   IMG_3006.jpg  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #15

We bought our Class C as a "family" gift...3 months later my daughter and husband got their own TT. The I went camping with former co-workers...and two of them went on to buy a 5th wheel and a TT the following month! Yes, it can be an acquaintance disease...untreatable!
Old 01-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
So I drove down to Houston, TX yesterday after church with a co-worker. He wanted me to come down with him and look over a '05 Class C, B Touring Cruiser by Gulf Stream with him. Apparently he thinks I know what I'm doing...so that joke is on him. We drove down yesterday, looked it over, spent the night in it and drove it back today...well he drove it back, I drove back his car. He got a killer deal! It only had 19k miles and I couldn't find a spec of water intrusion...generator even fired right up! I think if he didn't buy it, I might have!
So the funny part is we were driving home and talking on the phone and he tells me this purchase is all my fault! I asked how is that...he said that (apparently unbeknownst to me) RVing is ALL I talk about and so because of me he decide to dive in. So sorry ya'll...There will be one less spot available to camp in

Thanks for confessing - it's people like you that are ruining my camping experience.......
bobm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #17

Took the kids and introduced the grandkids to camping this past summer. A great time was had by all. Their comment after the camping trip was, “we didn’t realize what we were missing.” So now, depending on finances for this year, are looking at campers so they can make memories.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #18

Yes.................You all gave it to me!

Thank You!!!
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote