Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #21

Picked it up today and was too mad to leave without taking it with me, they had it since November and outside of them covering my $500 deductible after I had to demand it, they've not been very proactive to do the work my insurance company paid them to do. State Farm will be called on Monday, not sure what they can do but I'm not giving Colerain RV any more time with it, I'd rather just do it myself. And it's kind of funny, just having it back in my driveway makes me feel a whole lot happier

Made a quick video pointing out the things they were supposed to do and didn't. State Farm paid them $1,700 just to have a company clean the unit before they'd even go inside to inspect and give an estimate, because of the blood. I was told "You need to empty everything out of it because this company will clean it head to toe, top to bottom." So the day we went to inspect it after the break in, without telling us in advance we'd need to clean it out, we packed everything in garbage bags to take with us. And guess what <drum roll>................. There are still the same footprints in the garage area from the criminal where he walked in the side garage door. Other than the floor not being cleaned, it was apparent by the dust that only the areas of blood were cleaned up - better than nothing I suppose. And they didn't fix inside the entertainment center, but that's an easy fix.

So - lesson learned, won't ever go back there and will be boosting Facebook posts on our page of the stories we have to tell so others in the area may see them and be warned in advance. I'll have to find a local shop that can do the maintenance work, luckily my 5 year extended warranty is with Good Sam and not the dealership, so just need to make sure whoever I take it to doesn't void my warranty. I'll just do as much of the maintenance work as I can.

Here's a quick video of my walk through:
https://youtu.be/2uJV86Z0O4o
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #22

I posted on your video I hope word gets out on this dealership. Subbed and keep up the good fight.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote