Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #1

Buyin yourself a Christmas present

After catching up on the post about Christmas music I figured it's not too early to throw this put there.
Has or does anyone by themselves a Christmas present? Seems even year I buy something close to Christmas and say Merry Christmas to me. It did get me in trouble a few times though and my wife got mad at me and told me I can't buy myself anything for the month of Dec.
Once I needed a new jig saw and they were on sale so I bought one. My wife's eyes lit up and she walked out of the garage. A few minutes later she walked back in the garage and said here you may as well take it now it was your Christmas present. It was a jig saw. Then there was the year I bought a really good 900 Lumen Tactical flashlight which didn't go over well because she already ordered one. But I guess that went over better than the year I bought some huntin gear that was on sale that not knowing she had already bought some of.
Needless to say after the past 5-6 or so yrs of aggrevating my wife with surprise Merry Christmas to me gifts I've tried to stop it.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

My gift is to the Humane Society and others every Christmas and during the year when help is needed. We also transport abandon and displaced animals to help with these evacuations from the fires. Here's one from Redding I placed last week and his name is Cash with a new name tag and harness from PetSmart.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 11-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #3

I have, its a Pre-Order and should ship in late Novemeber. DW wasnt to happy but I told her I would make her something nice Its a small shop CNC Plasma cutter, designing up a Weber Q1200 BBQ swivel mount for our Seneca now.
Attached Thumbnails
product-Slats.jpg   Grill Mount.jpg  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #4

Cuddleback* Moonlight IR Game Camera!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #5

Just remember, there used to be a saying that went something like "whoever dies with the most toys wins". I think there was an error in translation somewhere, as it should have read "whoever dies with the most tools wins".
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #6

Who ever inherits the most tools and toys wins lol!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
After catching up on the post about Christmas music I figured it's not too early to throw this put there.
Has or does anyone by themselves a Christmas present? Seems even year I buy something close to Christmas and say Merry Christmas to me. It did get me in trouble a few times though and my wife got mad at me and told me I can't buy myself anything for the month of Dec.
Once I needed a new jig saw and they were on sale so I bought one. My wife's eyes lit up and she walked out of the garage. A few minutes later she walked back in the garage and said here you may as well take it now it was your Christmas present. It was a jig saw. Then there was the year I bought a really good 900 Lumen Tactical flashlight which didn't go over well because she already ordered one. But I guess that went over better than the year I bought some huntin gear that was on sale that not knowing she had already bought some of.
Needless to say after the past 5-6 or so yrs of aggrevating my wife with surprise Merry Christmas to me gifts I've tried to stop it.
Sounds like all you have to do is: Think about it and she buys it..............

I wouldn't buy myself anything, just think about what you want and it will APPEAR..............LOL
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #8

DW and I no longer buy each other Christmas gifts. Instead we buy ourselves what we want during the after-Christmas sales. That way, there’s no duplication and no disappointment, and no worrying about whether the other person likes it.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Sounds like all you have to do is: Think about it and she buys it..............

I wouldn't buy myself anything, just think about what you want and it will APPEAR..............LOL
I think she already knows what I'm thinkin that's why she gets upset because for every item I may buy there's one of her ideas out the window or I get 2 of the same which isn't always bad. Can't ever have too many flashlights,
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #10

My wife and I rarely exchange gifts for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Even when we did, it was something simple. We buy for our kids though.

Anderson WD

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote