Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2015, 09:44 PM   #71

I think some people's views on etiquette are different than others.Im 34 and my brother and 2 other families that we all camp with are a little older,yes we like to sit around the fire and drink beer and relax and listen to tunes while our kids play.But when the campground says it time to be quiet(quiet hours) we turn the music down or off and we continue to sit around and relax.To us that is what camping is about,relaxing and having good quality family time and having laughs.But I think some ,mostly people that stay their all the time believe you should be in your trailer by 10 with lights out and don't make a sound.My children know not to cut between trailers,they even ask permission to go on a site if a ball happens to go on there just cause that's how I raise them,to respect others and have manners.My biggest issue I have had at a few campgrounds is parents letting their kids ride golf carts with 4 or 5 other kids on them while flying around the roads,that is a accident waiting to happen and one I don't wanna see,Also the people that feel like they need perimeter lighting on all night long is quite annoying.

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314BHDS View Post
I think some people's views on etiquette are different than others.
No, I don't think your view is different though. I think it's right on the mark. One thing I'll say is that those who frequent this and other RVing forums aren't the ones who lack etiquette. The ones who need to read this stuff never look at these forums.

I can tell by how people treat each other on this forum that I'd love to have any of you be my camping neighbors.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
No, I don't think your view is different though. I think it's right on the mark. One thing I'll say is that those who frequent this and other RVing forums aren't the ones who lack etiquette. The ones who need to read this stuff never look at these forums.

I can tell by how people treat each other on this forum that I'd love to have any of you be my camping neighbors.
+1

And I'm going to be one of those people sitting out by the fire WAY past 10 (sometimes, if the baby allows). But it's not likely you'll hear much from me other than the occasional laugh or giggle, and only then if you're outside with me; perhaps in the next site over.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #74

Ok my 2 cents worth. I know there are all kinds of people out there and some might not be so well mannered. But here is the deal. I go camping to enjoy the outdoors, to get away from all the worldly things that get in the way of enjoying life. I camp because I run into the nice people who remind me that there are good people in the world, people like all of you on this forum. Thanks for letting me enjoy your company too.
2013 F150 Super Crew 3.5, 3:31
2004 f150 Super Crew 5.4, 3:73 traded
silverark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #75

Amen!
Lynford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:26 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
I do believe the post made with the fishing line comment was in jest and not to be taken seriously.

If you look at that (link--->) POST, you'll notice the emoticon ":hihi:" that we no longer have in the "Smiles" on this forum. Had the emoticon image still be appearing, I think it would have been crystal clear that the poster was only kidding.
I would agree with you on the folks that frequent this site. Unfortunatly, some would read it and think its a great idea. Hopefully those that expressed their opinion on how poor it was, funny or not, will assist in keeping anyone from doing it.

Me, seeing and hearing families with children laugh and having a great time at a camp ground places a smile on my face.

And I do agree with the OP's post on having some manners too. Let's just not forget that it's usually not the kids fault; they are just kids, having fun.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #77

If this happens again you can call the OPP. They will come out anytime night or day if there is no ranger on duty. Been there, done that.
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #78

Re loud music, we've had good results just going and asking people to turn their stereos down. Sometimes they don't realize how loud they're getting. We sometimes like to crank the sound inside, but we always go outside to check how far it's carrying, and of course, if the source is outside, it carries farther.

Re people cutting through your camp, yeah, we find that hugely annoying, too. If saying something to the people doing it doesn't help, then maybe attaching some cans to a string, so they make a noise every time would stop them (and alert you). Or maybe one of those screaming goats, eh?

Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote