Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-28-2022, 01:07 PM   #1

Carvana

Has anyone sold a car through Carvana? How did the transaction go?
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #2

Not sure about selling but a friend recently tried buying one from Carvana.

He lives in Washington State. The F150 he wanted was in Utah. He struck a deal andwas expecting delivery on January 27th. The deal had tracking for the delivery. He checked on the delivery in late January and was surprised to find the truck in St. Petersburg FL. Then it went to New Jersy then headed west through Indiana and several othe states (including Utah) before arriving two weeks late.

Once it arrived, he rejected the sale due to defects not shown or disclosed. He bought one locally.

I think if you want to sell via an agent, you might try CarMax as a freind sold his Peugeot to CarMax when no one else wanted it.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears
Andersen WDH
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:08 PM   #3

I actually did, back in 2017. If you need more personal experiences you can check it here. There are a lot of reviews about carvana there and ways to contact their customer service. Maybe they will be able to give you a decent advice and get the best for your vehicle.
alicestevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #4

My son recently sold his car through Carvana and bought another one through them a very short time later. Transaction much to my surprise was very smooth and easy.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:14 PM   #5

Our camping friends we are close with sold their 2017 Silverado 2500 to Carvana. Transaction was flawless, and everything was on time like they said. They got thousands of dollars more than any dealer would give them.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:40 PM   #6

Iíve used CarMax to sell a few vehicles when I moved overseas year ago. If Iím going to buy a new vehicle Iíll get a quote from CarMax to assess a ďreasonableĒ trade in value, then use that as a base to negotiate with the dealer. As you likely know, best to negotiate without trade first if youíre buying, the use the CarMax quote to get the best trade in value. In most states itís best to trade in with the dealer youíre buying from as it reduces your tax burden on the purchase.

Of course you can make more normally if you sell outright, but thatís another storyÖ
Old 08-18-2022, 06:04 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
Iíve used CarMax to sell a few vehicles when I moved overseas year ago. If Iím going to buy a new vehicle Iíll get a quote from CarMax to assess a ďreasonableĒ trade in value, then use that as a base to negotiate with the dealer. As you likely know, best to negotiate without trade first if youíre buying, the use the CarMax quote to get the best trade in value. In most states itís best to trade in with the dealer youíre buying from as it reduces your tax burden on the purchase.

Of course you can make more normally if you sell outright, but thatís another storyÖ
Not sure how they do things there, but most dealers here aren't going to honor a deal made before you bring up a trade and they most certainly aren't going to negotiate based on a carmax quote. It's still a seller's market and they're more likely going to tell you to take a hike.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:22 AM   #8

I bought my current Ram last September. When I buy a vehicle I do extensive research on pricing. I looked for about 4 months before I found the Ram I bought. In my research Carvana was consistently 2 to 3 grand more on roughly 40 to 45K price range trucks than most others. I even emailed them on a truck they had for sale I was interested in. Sent them links to 2 other trucks (exact same model, year and features) from other dealers showing they were right at 3 grand more than other dealers and they wouldn't budge on price. Not saying you can't find a good deal there but my experience is they have a high convenience factor figured into their prices. CarMax is pretty much the same way but I found a good deal at CarMax and bought from there (never again though horrible experience).
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Weigh Safe WD hitch
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote