Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #1

Crazy or just anal

As I was repackaging my TPMS System back intp the original packaging to keep it until I use it made me ponder something. Am I the only one out there that repacks everything back into its original box until that box falls apart?
I purchased a fan to set up outside on the hot days. When I pack it up it goes back into the bubble wrap and box I purchased it in. As you already know I do the same with my TPMS System. I also put the same bubble wrap around the my power supply protector and put it back in the box it came in. I bought an external speaker for the t.v. and yes back into the bubble wrap amd original box. The number of items I do this with are endless. Obviuosly I cant do this with everything I buy but when I can I will.
Am I nuts? Is this normal behavior? Do I need to worry that my wife will have me comitted? Does anyone else do this?
Old 05-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #2

I do stuff like that too. It shows we take care of things.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #3

Dang I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to wonder LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
I do stuff like that too. It shows we take care of things.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
As I was repackaging my TPMS System back intp the original packaging to keep it until I use it made me ponder something. Am I the only one out there that repacks everything back into its original box until that box falls apart?
I purchased a fan to set up outside on the hot days. When I pack it up it goes back into the bubble wrap and box I purchased it in. As you already know I do the same with my TPMS System. I also put the same bubble wrap around the my power supply protector and put it back in the box it came in. I bought an external speaker for the t.v. and yes back into the bubble wrap amd original box. The number of items I do this with are endless. Obviuosly I cant do this with everything I buy but when I can I will.
Am I nuts? Is this normal behavior? Do I need to worry that my wife will have me comitted? Does anyone else do this?
If she does we can all be witness's.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #5

Yep, do the same thing. That way all the instructions and stuff are all together should I have questions next time I use the item.

Larry, Marilyn & Buddy
2012 F-250 Super Duty
closely followed by
2012 Heartland Greystone.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
Site Team

OCD has more than one meaning. Obsessive Camping Disorder is what I have.

I don't store the stuff but I do keep the boxes even long after the item is done for and disposed of.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:22 AM   #7

I do the same.

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:51 AM   #8

I only keep the boxes until the return period/warranty expires.

I’m sorry..............I’m so ashamed.......

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
I only keep the boxes until the return period/warranty expires.

I’m sorry..............I’m so ashamed.......

Don't apologize for being normal! My attic should drop them down when the warranty expires.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Don't apologize for being normal! My attic should drop them down when the warranty expires.
Ahh yes the attic. I don't bother thinkin about changing the insulation out becaue I have enough boxes up there to insulate the ceiling. I found boxes for something I disposed of years ago as well. It's one of those places in the home that I don't care to visit. I've even contemplated putting the Christmas decorations somewhere else so I never have to open that access door.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:07 AM   #11

I also keep the boxes until the warranty runs out. Sometimes I use the original boxes to store the things they come in but it depends on if the box is sturdy enough for frequent reuse and how convenient it is to do so. I also keep a few boxes around for use when shipping other items but those I flatten out first to save space.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:08 AM   #12

Guess it depends on the item, most of the time for TT related stuff no, but for those TPMS sensors, gotta keep 'em safe somewhere, might as well be the original box/packaging.

I do like to keep shipping boxes from amazon as they are usually pretty good boxes for a 2nd use in some form or fashion.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #13

There are so many posts above I could comment on!

In general, I get rid of the box asap, but my DW has a box collection. In our TT, our electric heater, is in the box, and the heater is 30+ years old! The small box fan in the TT, it is 6 years old and is in the box. It just helps protect them while bouncing down the road.

As for around the house, after the warranty period is up the box is gone, and maybe even before then.

We moved into our current home, built 1924, we are the 3rd owners. The last owners were box hoarders from what I can tell. They kept and left every box, with packaging for every item they used with the house. Even the built in roof exhaust fan, garage door openers. You name it they left the box for it. OMG there was a lot of packaging to get ride of! Styrofoam alone, I think there was over 10 large black trash bags to get rid of.

As for paperwork, We have three places we keep all paperwork. If it is a household item, we have a file that it all gets combined into. If it is a garage/tool like items, I have a binder in the shop it all goes into. If it is for the TT, I have a binder in the back of the water heater compartment that it all goes into.

So I guess we all have our own little OCD.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
There are so many posts above I could comment on!

In general, I get rid of the box asap, but my DW has a box collection. In our TT, our electric heater, is in the box, and the heater is 30+ years old! The small box fan in the TT, it is 6 years old and is in the box. It just helps protect them while bouncing down the road.

As for around the house, after the warranty period is up the box is gone, and maybe even before then.

We moved into our current home, built 1924, we are the 3rd owners. The last owners were box hoarders from what I can tell. They kept and left every box, with packaging for every item they used with the house. Even the built in roof exhaust fan, garage door openers. You name it they left the box for it. OMG there was a lot of packaging to get ride of! Styrofoam alone, I think there was over 10 large black trash bags to get rid of.

As for paperwork, We have three places we keep all paperwork. If it is a household item, we have a file that it all gets combined into. If it is a garage/tool like items, I have a binder in the shop it all goes into. If it is for the TT, I have a binder in the back of the water heater compartment that it all goes into.

So I guess we all have our own little OCD.
I just tapped the corners of a box so I could keep using it to store something. UGH
Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #15

I keep all original packaging as long as possible.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #16
Site Team

You need to meet my wife. You two would get along quite well. She has the box for every product we have acquired since we have been married. It drives me crazy.

She also has every stitch of clothing since we've been married thinking that someday she will fit back in to them........But, I digress.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:11 PM   #17

Yes, I don't reuse boxes and packaging on everything but might if they weren't thrown out by others (who shall remain nameless). I try to keep as many boxes as I can for future use, but they tend to disappear when my back is turned. My house has a ghost, I blame this on him.
the Beast, that's my Jayco Select 12HW...
Little Monster, my Little Guy T@B
Roux 'b Doux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:04 PM   #18

Our fan is in the fan box, the electric heater is in it's box, we have a box for the toaster. I am perfectly normal so Sally must have a problem with boxes.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #19

Quote:
I also do this, house stuff in the house, garage stuff in the garage and TT stuff in the TT. Don't fight, you will loose.
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #20

I keep the original boxes for EVERYTHING! My wife thinks I'm nuts!