Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #1

Destination Unknown?

I love to spend time in the camper. Because of my cancer detour last year, camping was limited, The camper is my happy place and escape. Our anniversary is next month. My husband planned a long weekend camping trip and won't tell me where other that an couple of hours from home! I am not good with surprises, so it is driving me crazy. But I think this is so sweet. I cannot wait to find out where! Have any of you guys ever done this?

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #2

We spend many of our anniversaries camping. It allows us to be together and away from it all to spend our special time.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:19 AM   #3

I suprised my wife twice. Once camping once not
Being a big Dale Earnhardt fan I planned out a trip from Fl to Carolina to take her to see Richard Childress Racing shop. I made her wear a blind fold the last 10 miles and after I parked in the parking lot in front of the Richard Childress Racing sign I told her she could take it off. That was 2 yrs before passed.
The other was when I planned a trip to the July 4 race at Daytona. I made arrangements with a friend of mine to meet him at the campground we always camped at for the races and to buy tickets to the race. I told the wife on the way through Fl, we live in Ga now, we were goin to stop by and see one of our friends. I told her the trip was to go visit my parents We camped out then went to the track for the race. Had a big cook out with what turned out to be 10 of our friends once they found out my plan. I told her we would eat and then go on to see my parents but first let's walk to the track since we were already there. When we got to the Dale Earnhardt statue in front of the track I I stopped her. That's where I proposed to my now wife of 11 yrs but 21 yrs together. We went to the race that night then headed home the next day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
When we got to the Dale Earnhardt statue in front of the track I I stopped her. That's where I proposed to my now wife of 11 yrs but 21 yrs together. We went to the race that night then headed home the next day.
That's a great story and really took some planning for you. Tell you wife she has a keeper! We use to take RV to the 12 Hours of Sebring every year. That was always fun.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelCool View Post
That's a great story and really took some planning for you. Tell you wife she has a keeper! We use to take RV to the 12 Hours of Sebring every year. That was always fun.
I wanted to go to Sebring for the experience. And after 15 yrs of goin to the Cup races at Daytona we gave it up but I'd like to do the 24 Hours one time.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelCool View Post
I love to spend time in the camper. Because of my cancer detour last year, camping was limited, The camper is my happy place and escape. Our anniversary is next month. My husband planned a long weekend camping trip and won't tell me where other that an couple of hours from home! I am not good with surprises, so it is driving me crazy. But I think this is so sweet. I cannot wait to find out where! Have any of you guys ever done this?
Enjoy your trip and best wishes for good health for you in the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
The other was when I planned a trip to the July 4 race at Daytona.

Quick side story on the July Daytona race. My wife, father and I went for the first time to that race in 2003. Judging from the other races that we had gone to in the past, we got there early. My wife said to me that she was going to bring a book with her when we went in to the seats. I told her that she would look like a fool sitting there reading when there was so much to see pre race. Anyhow, here we are in our seats before the race started and every time a garbage truck or street sweeper would go by on the track, she would go...."Wooooo look at that". The real kicker was when a couple showed up and sat down in front of us and guess what. The lady pulled a book out of her purse and started reading. Almost 15 years ago now and I still haven't heard the end of it.

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote