Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
I've not seen anything that bad before, but one time I was dumping my tote, and the hose slipped out of the dump hole. I made a mess, but I spent time cleaning it up before I drove away.
Accidents happen, we're human. But you stayed and cleaned up best you could. You made an effort, and you weren't doing wrong in the first place.

This other thing is completely unconscionable.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Accidents happen, we're human. But you stayed and cleaned up best you could. You made an effort, and you weren't doing wrong in the first place.

This other thing is completely unconscionable.
Thanks Bob. Yep, there are some people who feel that rules and common courtesy are for others, and don't apply to them.

Like Cousin Eddie dumping sewage into the storm drain...
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 RLDS View Post
I had an experience this weekend not gross but annoying. While eating dinner the guy across from us was setting up. He used an cordless impact driver to put down his stabilizers. No exaggeration, he spent ten minutes at each corner with the thing clicking and clanking that could be heard a mile away. I really didn't understand it at all what he was trying to accomplish..

No less than 20 seconds after I read this, I hear a drill like sound from a power tool from a couple sites down! Goes on for a few minutes, stops and starts again. If I wasn't still in my pyjamas, is go check out what the heck they were doing.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #24

I use a cordless drill to put down my stabilizers. Takes fifteen seconds to thirty seconds per jack (total making two trips to ensure snugged).

I don't think I could spend ten minutes per corner if someone paid me. I can't imagine what the person was doing.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #25

I am like Camper Bob, I try to leave my site better and cleaner than when I found it. But when someone is inconsiderate, I will point it out, especially when it effects others.

Our family camped at a local state park this past Fourth of July Holiday. At the dump station, the jerk ahead of me left his bag of garbage behind instead of making the short walk and disposing it in the dumpster. That infuriated me so much that I grabbed the bag and took it home with me. I was hoping there would be a little gold nugget of information of who he was in his trash. Sure enough, the idiot put his reservation slip in the trash with his name and address on it. So I put his trash in a box and shipped it back to him via UPS with a little love letter inside telling him what an inconsiderate boob he was for leaving his trash at the dump station. I cost me $12.00 to ship, but to me, it was worth every penny.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #26

Yea i dont understand some people , you can fix a lot of things but you cant fix STUPID.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #27

Hmmm, maybe THAT is why we should keep those cheap hoses from the PDI - to "give" them to the less fortunate!! To make a bigger impact, have taped on it a pre-written note explaining about camping manners and etiquette.

BTW, have you seen what those people did with Post-Its to the car parked in the handicap zone?? Car illegally parked in handicapped zone plastered with Post-its - TODAY.com

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
I am like Camper Bob, I try to leave my site better and cleaner than when I found it. But when someone is inconsiderate, I will point it out, especially when it effects others.

Our family camped at a local state park this past Fourth of July Holiday. At the dump station, the jerk ahead of me left his bag of garbage behind instead of making the short walk and disposing it in the dumpster. That infuriated me so much that I grabbed the bag and took it home with me. I was hoping there would be a little gold nugget of information of who he was in his trash. Sure enough, the idiot put his reservation slip in the trash with his name and address on it. So I put his trash in a box and shipped it back to him via UPS with a little love letter inside telling him what an inconsiderate boob he was for leaving his trash at the dump station. I cost me $12.00 to ship, but to me, it was worth every penny.
You're my new Hero...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #29

Quote:

Now that could have been an honest mistake too. Unless the circumstances lent themselves that you knew it was malicious or lazy. I sometimes find myself in a hurry to get out of someone's way, that I could make a mistake like that. I'm trying like heck not to be a burden to my fellow campers, then I forget something and end up being a burden in another way...

I've left trash on my tonneau cover before, and had another driver alert me that I'd left my "groceries" out there. Red-faced and embarrassed, I got out of my truck at the red light and recovered it. I'm glad it didn't get blown away.

Now I put it on the windshield; no way to forget about it there.

Like I said, we're not perfect.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 08-03-2015, 12:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbald1 View Post
Was emptying the tanks in preparation for our trip home today. While finishing up a camper pulled into the stall next to me. I thought it was kind of weird that he pulled forward then backed up angling it so that his valve was almost directly over the drain. While shaking the drain line a heard an extreme gush of water followed by.... the smell.

This guy emptied his tanks straight into the drain without a hose while spraying it with water from a safe distance. I normally keep my mouth shut, but found myself giving into my emotions by calling him out and saying " You need to get a hose! That's disgusting! "

Was I out of line in saying something? Is this a normal practice?
Next time volunteer to pull the valve while he holds the lid open...

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I`m happy to say I`ve not yet witnessed that particular atrocity.
+1

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #32

The "Boob" deliberately left his garbage at the dump station as he went into his camper to wash his hands and came out with the bag of garbage and threw it along the driveway, then sped off. If he left it there by accident, I would have taken it and disposed of it myself.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #33

Quote:
The "Boob" deliberately left his garbage at the dump station as he went into his camper to wash his hands and came out with the bag of garbage and threw it along the driveway, then sped off. If he left it there by accident, I would have taken it and disposed of it myself.
Yeah, there's no excuse for that type of behavior.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #34

Quote:

Should have added a few tidbits from your your dog to the package.

What some people will do to indulge their kids:

https://youtu.be/40M3_BxCfq8

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #35

Not to defend anyone but maybe he just didn't understand what is meant by "DUMP STATION" or maybe that's just his mentality level.
But I really enjoyed reading that you sent it back to him
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #36

I agree wit everything that's been said so far. But what I relly want to know is what respnse did the OP get from the guy when he called him out on it??

And Meeker..... Your story is priceless!!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I guess I just don't understand where people get the idea that this is okay? Do they not see other RVers dumping their tanks and think to themselves "hey, maybe I should be using a hose?" or "perhaps one of these fine people will help me, maybe even let me borrow a hose?"

How could they not know they are doing something wrong? Even worse, if they know they're doing wrong, how do they live with themselves?

I know for me personally, I leave my site and any facilities I use cleaner than when I show up; it's just how I am. I don't expect everyone to be like that, but I do expect SOME level of respect for others, even if it's not to the lengths I go, but SOMETHING.
X2 Always leave the site cleaner than I found it. That waste is also considered hazardous waste as well. No telling what kind of germs, diseases could be growing in there cause those folks are just plain nasty and unhealthy!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Either this guy gets around a lot or more than one person is a moron.
Can't recall who first said it, but I do remember that the universe is composed of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #39

That's nasty, and a health hazard if any spilled.
Jayson 197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #40

Today, I finally found out what it was like to wait in line for the sanidump at the Provincial park that we stayed at....I watched each person ahead of me dump and clean their tanks and i have to say most of them were pretty efficient...until the fellow ahead of me in a older travel trailer gets out, grabs the hose from his bumper and opens the cap for his drain after he pulled the lever for the black tank, needless say what happened next....he quickly closed the valve, calmly walks over to the water hose, hoses himself off and walks over to open the sanidump cover, hoses the pad. connects the hose to the drain and sticks the hose in. now, he is not wearing gloves and the odour was horrendous, as it was drawn into the cab of my truck and my wife and I had to bail out and stand away.The couple in the RV behind us did the same. I yelled to him that I had disposable gloves that he could have and he said no but thanks and apologized. He said that he was a plumber by trade and was used to it....