Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
southpaw211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 143
Finally doing some "real" camping this weekend

After our first weekend in camp Driveway, our second trip to Watkins Glen Int'l Raceway (not exactly a campground), we are finally doing some real camping this weekend at a state park.

I'm so bummed, just got our new grizzly spit in the mail and now the weather is calling for a soggy saturday. Sure hope we can keep the fire going to cook that chicken, I've been looking forward to it all week! Now I'm also wishing we had an electric site. I guess a 60% chance of rain still leaves a 40% chance for no rain.

On the bright side, it's only 15 minutes from home, so we can keep the dog home and just run home to let her out. She hates to camp and she's 13, so though she doesn't know it, she's really dodging a bullet this weekend. She would not have loved the cold, wet and dirt.
__________________

__________________
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.

Karen, Scott, our daughers (6 and 9), and Finley (Finn) the wonder lab.


2013 Jayco Jayfeather X23B
2001 Viking 2485ST pop up
southpaw211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Idaho/Arizona
Posts: 5,303
You might ask for a site with power when you check in. If one is avilable you could probably get it. It sounds like you are really looking forward to this trip. Have fun.
__________________
2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
2017 Silverado 1500 4x4 5.3 with tow package.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.