Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #1

First trip this season

It has been great weather here in Nebraska and we could have camped in March! For some reason we waited till this weekend to go to Branched Oak Lake. Boy it was different, we have been camping for 10 years and our 16 year old daughter went on an educational tour of Greece & Italy for 2 weeks. Needless to see DW & I were lonesome & lost. You just can't believe how much of the work she just jumps in & does! We were lost, couldn't find anything, & forgot how to do other things. It started out a little rainy Friday afternoon but by evening it was nice & continued to be nice all weekend. We met lots of new friends at the campground and had great food but it sure seemed strange without her!
6 Speed Auto 3:92 Posi
Rambox Hemi Hard Loaded
Airlift Bags 20" Goodyears
2004 Jayco Eagle 308 FBs
Sold trailer starting search
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #2

We were never blessed with children, but we do have nieces and nephews that come over to stay for a month or 2 at a time, it's surprising how quickly we adjust to having them here and how lost we feel when they leave.....I commiserate, but I'm glad you ended up having a good weekend without your daughter being there with you.
I hope she's having a wonderful time too!
BritCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #3

Wait til you become grandparents! It gets even better as when your kids aren't around ya have their kids to camp with LOL What an amazing opportunity for your 16year old; it was only just last year that I finally made it Athens. I know what you mean though... our kids had helped us so much years ago when we went camping/traveling (we had a tent then pop-up). Glad you first trip out this season went well
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote