Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #1

How much money have you found?

How much money have you found just laying on the ground?
$32 (several years ago in a parking lot)
$100 ((single bill) two doors down in the middle of the sidewalk--3 weeks ago)
$2 (in middle of the street next neighborhood over--1 week ago)

WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #2

I need to hang out with you.

Overall maybe $25 -$30, over my life time. I recently found $20 at a multi troop boy scout function, so it was easy to find the owner. So I'm only up $5 -$10. I've probably lost more than that.

I found a purse sitting on a log a week ago while fishing, called the police an hour later, when I was board. Unfortunately there was no wallet.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Seneca View Post
How much money have you found just laying on the ground?
$32 (several years ago in a parking lot)
$100 ((single bill) two doors down in the middle of the sidewalk--3 weeks ago)
$2 (in middle of the street next neighborhood over--1 week ago)

I dropped a $100. bill 3 weeks ago on a sidewalk. Any one found it?

I have found $20 bill walking the dogs. Lots of change and a few smaller bills.

When I was a teen, we used to walk the under the bleachers after the friday night football game. We hit a few jackpots with that!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #4

I dunno, I've found a few bucks in my time. Probably lost a few too. I guess it all comes out about even.

The best jackpot ever was when I was a teenager at the local amusement park. I found 1/2 a pack of smokes and about $20 cash in the seat of one of the rides! That was like hitting the lotto back then!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #5

Found a $20 bill at a park last year after a BBQ competition. At the same park, I found a diamond ring and turned it over to our police department. Nobody has claimed it in 2 years but our police chief has been reluctant to give it back to me for some reason.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #6

Back in my youth I worked on the grounds crew at a Country Club. Every weekend we had to be at work at 5 am but always got there 1/2 hour early and cleaned up the parking lot. Always left with more than $20 in our pockets from the richies dropping out of their pocket while digging for the Cadillac keys.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
Found a $20 bill at a park last year after a BBQ competition. At the same park, I found a diamond ring and turned it over to our police department. Nobody has claimed it in 2 years but our police chief has been reluctant to give it back to me for some reason.
Interesting. I retired from the state police where I live (MI). We would hold onto lost property for six months. After that, if no owner was locted, the finder was usually entitled to it (unless it was illegal or certain weapons). If the finder didn't want it, it went to state auction. I wonder what the chief has up his sleeve?!?

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #8

$200.00 in the Costco parking lot, $10.00 in the regular grocery store lot. Wife found $5.00 at our last campground. Let's not talk about things we lost !!!
Old 06-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #9
PMC

Found 64 bucks on a bike trail a few years back. A couple of twenties, two tens and some singles, best ground score to date on a ride. I've found lesser amounts many times in the 1-3 dollar range and an assortment of wrenches and even a ninja throwing star once.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #10

When I was perhaps 15 (back in the Stone Age), i was chasing a friend on our bikes... he went through a puddle and stirred up a banknote, which floated to the surface in time for me to see it... (Ten shillings, which is meaningless today, but to a kid, on the "How much candy will this buy?" scale, it was riches beyond imagining... to give you an idea, that would be about 3 months' allowance at the time)

Of course, my friend insisted that, since he was the one who stirred up the puddle, he should get half :-)

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:25 PM   #11

Back in the mid 80’s, I found a $100 bill lying on the ground at Disney world.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #12

I've been picking up change and bills for years. I always put my monthly "free money" into my Roth account. And my wife says she knows I'm dead when I stop picking up coins or bills.

Average annual coinage - $225. Find coins in parking lots, floors of grocery stores, sidewalks, laying around parking meters.

I've found several Morgan silver dollars while walking near old buildings being torn down. Even found while several old $5 gold pieces while walking through "ghost towns" and falling down cabins while living out west. Looking at checking out some abandoned plantation home sites here in southern Georgia. Have found some old Confederate coins and musket slugs so far.

Annual paper money - $100-300 depending on luck, wind, and paying attention.

Years ago, my step kids were embarrassed when I picked up coins until I pointed out the more that $350 I spent on their Christmas presents came from what I found that year. Now both keep an eye out for "free money".

I've found $14.33 in loose change literally at my feet in a grocery parking lot when I stepped out of my truck last month. Chased down $10-$100 bills blowing down the road. Found a $50 against a curb in the parking lot at a Cabela's (people had been waling by without paying attention). Stopped when I saw what looked like a bill on the side of the road--turned out to be several $100 in 10s, 20s, and 50s dropped when a tourist left his wallet on top of his car before leaving a Burger King. Turned that over to local police who contacted the owner. Owner left me a $100 reward for returning his DL and credit cards, saving his vacation.

Comes down to being observant and willing to have people stare or joke. I also tell someone who makes a comment "my doctor said I need more exercise and I might as well get paid for it!" Even a penny adds up if you drop it into the bank (or a can).
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #13

I never really thought about it. I remember finding $20 once but average a few cents. Found a total of 27Cents yesterday and found a dime today. I'm ahead of the game. Does discovering lost money in old pockets or purses count?
the Beast, that's my Jayco Select 12HW...
Little Monster, my Little Guy T@B
Roux 'b Doux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
Interesting. I retired from the state police where I live (MI). We would hold onto lost property for six months. After that, if no owner was locted, the finder was usually entitled to it (unless it was illegal or certain weapons). If the finder didn't want it, it went to state auction. I wonder what the chief has up his sleeve?!?
I wonder who the chief gave it to? Or did he sell it? Sorry suspicions are rampant these days.
the Beast, that's my Jayco Select 12HW...
Little Monster, my Little Guy T@B
Roux 'b Doux is offline   Reply With Quote