Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #1

I Moved Again, to Mt. Baker, Snoqualmie Natl Forest

I left my La Sal Mountains perch at 4AM yesterday morning. I woke up at 2:30, couldn't get back to sleep, so I figured I must've got up for a reason... to move!

I made it all the way up through Utah, across the south end of Idaho and partway into Oregon before I called it quits at 8PM last night. Stopped at a rest stop and slept till 3 o'clock this morning. Had a nice drive this morning through rain, fog and mountain passes.

I made it to the North Bend National Forest ranger office about 11 this morning, and found out where the free boondocking locations were. I was directed to a road 10 miles back the way I came from. So that's where I'm at now.

Salmon berries are blooming, and the little striped ground squirrels are running around. And the stream down the hill is LOUD from all the rain and snow runoff.

There's a campground on the road I'm camping on. Since my water tanks were empty, I pulled in and asked the host if I could get some water, even though I wasn't camping there.

He said sure, but that I'd have to work for it. The source was a hand pump, and the well water must have been deep, because it was pretty dang hard to pump the handle.

I have a 5 gal water container that I pumped water into, then from that tried to pour it into the little fill plug on the side of my trailer. For every pump of water, I probably lost half of it between the pump spout and the fill hole on the container, then another half of the water trying to pour it from the container and into the fill hole on the trailer. At least I got enough in there for one nice hot shower... something I haven't done for a few too many days. I was getting kind of ripe!

Anyway, I got all cleaned up, washed dishes, ate a bite and sat down the computer, when I hear a knock on the door. Who the h-e-double toothpicks could that be!?

It was the camp host. He went out, filled up the water tank in the back of his truck, and drove to my site to pump some water into my fresh water tanks.

Man, what a nice thing to do! After getting robbed at my site in Moab, this act of kindness more than evened things out from my perspective.

That's it for now,

Bill
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #2

See, didnt I tell you that the universe has a way of righting itself? At the very moment that the camp host was knocking on your door, the guy that stole your gas cans blew out the transmission on his 4 wheeler.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Yep, things are right again. Balance is restored.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #4

To think if you hadn't gotten that can swiped and wound up leaving that site before planned, you may never had met this camp host! Happy to hear you enjoyed a safe trip! How long will you be at this stop?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote