Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #21

No different that someone at the boat ramp that is still ignorant or inconsiderate.

Most prep it out of the way for the water and back in, when loading get it on the trailer, move, and then prep for the road.

Ignorant or inconsiderate back it to ramp, spend 10 minutes getting it ready, and then launch. Returning, get on trailer and ready for road, then move.

Some sit at the gas pumps talking on the phone after full of fuel.

Some just can't help it. Slow or 'the whiskey done it'.

Bless their hearts.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #22

Our total length is about 35' and backing in is generally quick and easy. And still people insist on waiting instead of going around. If that's their choice, I have no qualms about letting them get the full benefit of their choice. Parking and setting up a trailer is one of those things you just can't afford to hurry through.

Once waited behind a car at a gas pump. No one was there so thought they were inside getting a coffee or something. Must've been a four course dinner but she finally came back, fumbled around in her purse and stuck a credit card in the pump. Hard to back out of a busy fuel island...
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #23

Alot of folks don't consider the affects of their actions (or lack thereof) on others. It's as if they are the only people on earth.
On the other hand, there are lots of newbies out there who just haven't learned.
Have a drink...pet the pooch and let the world go.
Safe travels.
JonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #24

The trucks and tow vehicles with the 'auto-honk' feature get me. Time and time again the alarm honks when they walk away if they have a proximity alarm fob. Honk, unlock, get the smokes, two honks, locked. Forgot the lighter.....
It is detailed in the manual how to change the setting.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
If they are using a checkbook, they definitely aren’t millennials. Likely not even boomers .

On the same topic, I just love the folks who wait until they’ve filled up their truck with gas THEN go about washing every window and mirror — inside and out — while you wait for the pump. Happened to me just the other day. Grrr.
I don't fill up first then wash all the glass. I generally walk around my vehicle washing windows while my vehicle is getting filled.

Just so you know, it generally states you are be responsible for spills (Gas stations covering their behind). So if you are by yourself, you may elect to not walk away from the pump in case the pump fails to shut off though most will shut off properly.

Being someone may to wait like this anyway, wouldn't it be neighborly to help with the window washing as they are filling their vehicle to kind of speed up the process ?

Take care and be safe -
Old 08-15-2021, 07:52 AM   #26

Another reason we do self check out. We don't have to wait for someone else to get and be done. Plus I know where I put the groceries so when I get home or to the RV I know where everything is. I guess patience is a virtue in this case. Breathe and this too shall pass.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
If they are using a checkbook, they definitely aren’t millennials. Likely not even boomers .

On the same topic, I just love the folks who wait until they’ve filled up their truck with gas THEN go about washing every window and mirror — inside and out — while you wait for the pump. Happened to me just the other day. Grrr.
Better yet, after filling up at the pump, they go in and shop around or use the rest room. Thus, tying up the pump line.
I fill up and if at all possible, move away from the pumps before going in to use thevrest rooms or get a soda.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:27 AM   #28

Yep, sorry to say I think Americans don't like each other anymore.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #29
RPR

I think people have the mind set of looking out only for themselves and what they want. Being “self centered” is what I call it. One guy said, I respect other people and their time until they give me a reason not to.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Better yet, after filling up at the pump, they go in and shop around or use the rest room. Thus, tying up the pump line.
I fill up and if at all possible, move away from the pumps before going in to use thevrest rooms or get a soda.
I filled up a vehicle today. Used a CC at the pump. After fill up was done the screen told me to go inside to get my receipt. I left my vehicle at the pump, put my mask on and walked inside and be grudgingly asked the attendant for my receipt. I then walked back to my car and left.

Question - Should I have moved my vehicle out of the way, before leaving my vehicle at the pump to get my receipt. You know there could have been a line waiting at the single register and prevented me to timely get back to my vehicle unattended at the pump?

2nd Question - Why can't they fix the cotton-pickin-thingamajigs to give me my receipt promptly instead of having to take leave my vehicle in the way at the pump?

Anyway - be safe out there -
Old 08-15-2021, 07:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Question - Should I have moved my vehicle out of the way, before leaving my vehicle at the pump to get my receipt. You know there could have been a line waiting at the single register and prevented me to timely get back to my vehicle unattended at the pump?

Not only no, but Hell NO!

2nd Question - Why can't they fix the cotton-pickin-thingamajigs to give me my receipt promptly instead of having to take leave my vehicle in the way at the pump?

Amen!

Anyway - be safe out there -
Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:30 PM   #32

Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post

Not only no, but Hell NO!

Amen!

Anyway - be safe out there

(1) I wouldn't move in that case. By the time you get to the cash register, some one else could already be pumping gas. Now, they can't give you the receipt anymore.

(2) Cause... They want you to come into the store to BUY MORE STUFF! Part of the game.....

(3) AMEN as well!

When I am pumping gas, one of my kids are on window washing duty!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:54 AM   #33

Although it tends to make us feel better, I have found that separating people in to "teams" perpetuates the conflict, and ultimately makes my life less enjoyable.

Not to excuse the behavior pictured in the OP. It would irritate me. But I don't have the context, and I certainly don't view this as an issue unique to "millennials" or "newbs" or whatever group my team is conveniently in conflict with.

I am sure you can guess the biggest venue that this team based conflict is displayed these days. I often wonder if we did not start every conversation from the viewpoint of our "team", if we would find a lot more to agree about, or better yet, amicably disagree about.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Not to excuse the behavior pictured in the OP. It would irritate me. But I don't have the context, and I certainly don't view this as an issue unique to "millennials" or "newbs" or whatever group my team is conveniently in conflict with.

Very true - I have no idea the age of the individuals involved in that issue. And, again to be clear, I have no idea if there were extenuating circumstances; I really don't know the facts.

I just saw what I saw. It appeared they'd unhooked, plugged in, set up and moved in and decided to leave their truck in the way of the road.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #35
RPR

May have been a old person so when Mother Nature called you better head to the bathroom and then no telling how long that may take!!
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
May have been a old person so when Mother Nature called you better head to the bathroom and then no telling how long that may take!!
I'm not even that old, and it's happened to me!!

Or a family with young children. I can't count the number of times I've had to drop whatever I'm doing to tend to my son who just threw up all over the place ... or worse...

Of course, it could be simple ignorance, or apathy too. I can say that pretty much everywhere I've been, if my truck were parked like that, there would be a knock on the door pretty quick from park staff/ranger. There's just not generally enough physical space for those kinds of shenanigans.

I hope everyone recognizes that the chances that person did this with malice of intent are small. Or at least I hope they are. I prefer to hang on to the last little shred of hope that there's at least some humanity left in this world...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #37

Seems to me the days of cutting somebody a little slack is long gone. You know, the glass house thing.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #38
Site Team

Usually a pee break is the first order of business after getting in a spot for me anyhow!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:36 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post

Thirty minutes likely meant it wasn't a pee break. More likely it was "about sixty minutes after eating that Gas Station burrito."

Old 08-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I can say that pretty much everywhere I've been, if my truck were parked like that, there would be a knock on the door pretty quick from park staff/ranger.

You're exactly right - this was a well managed campground with a lot of staff. And fortunately there were other roads in and out.