Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #1

I'm Back Home For Spring

I just rolled into my front yard an hour ago after a 12 hour trip today from southwest Arkansas. Kinda weird being in my house after almost 4 months away. I almost feel like going out to the trailer, firing up the furnace and sleeping there tonight. The Jayco feels more like my home than this house right now.

When I started my trip in November my new truck had just under 4000 miles on it. Now it has over 14,000 miles. I saw a crapload of scenery. Drove through South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas.

It was quite an adventure, and I have a lot great memories. Can't wait for the end of May, when I start my next trip. Going to Washington state, via Moab, Utah for the summer.

What a life!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #2

Bill, I know the feeling. We are in Arizona from Oct till April. We get home in April and it just dosen't feel like home. In May we move onto our river lot and stay there mostly untill Sept. In late Sept we start out for Arizona again. This does beat the heck out of working every day.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #3

Glad you made it back safe. Time to cash in all those diamonds eh?

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #4

No diamonds. I spent one afternoon washing mud off of little rocks and black sand, but haven't spent much time sorting through them. A couple hours of work and I ended up with about a gallon of rocks.

There might be one or two tiny diamonds hidden in there, but right now I have more important things to do than sort through sand and pebbles.

I would've spent more time at the Crater looking for diamonds, but it ended up being kind of like fishing for me. If I don't catch a fish pretty quick, I lose interest and put away my pole. Same with hunting for diamonds.

There was a fellow there that makes it his full time job. I think he goes there about every day, and sells what he finds somewhere. It's a numbers game and it's also about knowing where to dig your dirt. There's an art to washing and sifting the rocks too. He was saying that when washing, the diamonds can come to the top and fall over the edge of the sifting screen. That's because the diamonds have a slick surface that nothing sticks to, kind of like they are oily. He said that makes them "float" to the top when sifting in the trough of water.

it rained the night before I was there too, so the whole diamond field was a muddy mess. I was lucky I didn't slip and fall down.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Can't wait for the end of May, when I start my next trip. Going to Washington state, via Moab, Utah for the summer.

What a life!
Now that will be an awesome trip! Soooooooooo pretty!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #6

I know how you feel... I left my place Oct 19... will return home April 8. Plan to sell the place in the next few years...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #7

Hi Bill - I have family in WA and am always looking for new CGs. Where do you stay/camp when you are there?
llerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #8

Now What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
I just rolled into my front yard an hour ago after a 12 hour trip today from southwest Arkansas. Kinda weird being in my house after almost 4 months away. I almost feel like going out to the trailer, firing up the furnace and sleeping there tonight. The Jayco feels more like my home than this house right now.

When I started my trip in November my new truck had just under 4000 miles on it. Now it has over 14,000 miles. I saw a crapload of scenery. Drove through South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas.

It was quite an adventure, and I have a lot great memories. Can't wait for the end of May, when I start my next trip. Going to Washington state, via Moab, Utah for the summer.

What a life!
Ok Bill you are 'home' now, whatcha gonna do March and April until your next adventure?? LOL........ Shep
2010 17Z
2010 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab HD Z71 Tow & Trailering PKG 6 Speed tranny.
shepwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #9

llerberg, I'm not sure where I'll camp in Washington. I lived near Seattle for many years, but never had the need to look for travel trailer camp sites. Dash Point is one that comes to mind, but I know there are others. I'd like to find some free National Forest camping, actually.

Shepwv, since I've been "home", I've had to repair my house plumbing- the pipes rusted up, clogging up the system. Tore apart the shower faucets to flush those lines, and had to replace the kitchen faucet assembly. That's all good now. I completely unloaded the trailer (except for the one drawer I forgot about), set up a warranty repair appointment, then hauled my TT to the dealer yesterday to get it fixed up. Set up a warranty repair appt for the truck. Cleaned the house (I left in a hurry in November, so I didn't care that it was a mess).

I still have to put all the trailer stuff back in its place in the house, get the washing machine hooked back up and use it (a lot). And after everything is in order, I have a load of work to catch up with my business.

And then I have to start planning and packing for my next trip. And the way I feel, I might end up leaving a lot sooner than the end of May. I miss living on the road.