Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #1

Indoor Storage

The company I work for recently purchased a 150,000 square foot building in Oklahoma. We are thinking of indoor RV storage. I wanted to get some thoughts from everybody what you look for in indoor storage? It will be climate controlled. We could park everything but a big Class A in it due to concrete floors only being 4" thick. What do you consider a decent price? What amenities do you look for? Do you prefer indoor or outdoor storage?
DCFirstTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Banning Class A's will sadly leave a LOT of revenue off the table. And do you literally mean "climate controlled" (as in heated and cooled - 72 degrees) or "insulated"? Having electric hookup is always a big plus. Security with gated accessibility for the owners is important. I have friends that store in the Dallas area. They pay $250/mo plus metered 50a electric (15a is free) for 45-foot space. That's covered and walled on one side (not indoors). On site wash area is a good perk and a dump station too.

Maneuvering a big RV inside around other rigs can be tricky. Have you ever noticed that watching people park their rigs at the RV park is the #1 form of entertainment? Think about a valet-type service rather than allowing owners to move their own in/out. Your insurance company will thank you.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

We had a compression test done on the floor, and the test range from 2,300 psi to 5,500 psi. I do not think there would be an issue for parking big rigs, but the owner worries the floor will not hold up. As for climate controlled, we have radiant heat for the winters, a/c for the summer, but it may only stay around 76-78 degrees. We have discussed valet parking inside, we would like to keep the walls standing.
DCFirstTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #4

All I can say is invest in a GOOD fork lift and that way you can maneuver the 5er's and TT's without issue for valet.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #5

It would have to be a valet system otherwise it would have to be set up like a parking lot with enough room to maneuver down the lanes with a TT, that would be a big waste of space. I pay $1500 for a 45x16 space indoors, no heat, has 15amp power, this is for Oct-April for boat storage and they pack them in as tight as they can
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #6

Some details i learned the other day when i inquired. Valet a must for insurance companies. 1.5 million in garage insurance. When you arrive, they wash, unhook the battery, make sure the refrigerator is open turn off the propane and then they put inside. When you are ready to get the camper back out, call, they rinse off, hook up batteries, check tire pressure and adjust, turn on fridge and propane so it is cold. $10 per foot per month for less than 6 months. $9 a foot for more than 6 months.
Cflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #7

You could always put some 3/4 plywood as the A's drive in and leave it under the wheels when parked, that should disperse the weight. I know it did for the crane that went across my lawn to remove some trees. Larry