Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #41

I towed my wrangler from NC to Alaska and back. I screwed up the first day when I didn't unhook the battery in the jeep.

When I got to Clarksville TN and I unhooked the battery was dead.. No problems after that. Just made sure that the transfer case in neutral, transmission in 5th or 6th, ignition in acc. And brake off.

I sold my precept ur29 last week. I may try to get a smaller C later. We are selling our property and getting out of Asheville. Maybe further back in Mtns or over to Tn.

We loved our precept never any problems.
Tarheel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:55 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel11 View Post
I towed my wrangler from NC to Alaska and back. I screwed up the first day when I didn't unhook the battery in the jeep.

When I got to Clarksville TN and I unhooked the battery was dead.. No problems after that. Just made sure that the transfer case in neutral, transmission in 5th or 6th, ignition in acc. And brake off.

I sold my precept ur29 last week. I may try to get a smaller C later. We are selling our property and getting out of Asheville. Maybe further back in Mtns or over to Tn.

We loved our precept never any problems.
This is why I have installed (and recommend) a charge line. In my JLU, I also didn't have a 12V socket anywhere near the brake module that is powered without the ignition on, so I ran one straight to the "big" battery (there are 2 batts in the JL; one powers "only" the starter as part of the ESS feature, I wired the brake socket and the charge line to the "other" battery).

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #43

Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
So... who has winched out another jeep/ or been a second anchor vehicle for someone else winching out someone?

If I am in 4-Low and first gear and someone has a strap attached to my rig... it drags the tires before it will turn the motor over... there has to be more to this story than what the news knows.
I was thinking the same thing! You would think all of the tires would be sliding rather than turning. 4 low is some pretty big gears.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #44
CAG

Pretty much what several of us have said. The resistance alone would or at least should stop you and cause you to go check.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:01 AM   #45

+1

G.O.A.L.

Get Out And Look!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:40 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
I was thinking the same thing! You would think all of the tires would be sliding rather than turning. 4 low is some pretty big gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Pretty much what several of us have said. The resistance alone would or at least should stop you and cause you to go check.
X3. Sometimes "just push the gas pedal a little harder" isn't a good solution.
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #47

Hope it was not a joker having some fun

Hope it was not a joker walking by while parked (rest stop, store...) and throwing things into gear. The story does not say where along the trip this occurred or if it's an open topped rig. Maybe a road rager' followed to a stop.
RobLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLO View Post
Hope it was not a joker walking by while parked (rest stop, store...) and throwing things into gear. The story does not say where along the trip this occurred or if it's an open topped rig. Maybe a road rager' followed to a stop.
That is pretty dastardly trick..ranks right up there with pulling the trailer release on an unsuspecting parked semi-trailer rig.
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote