Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #21

We have latex mattresses (both at home and in the TT). Latex doesn't have the off gasing/chemical smells of memory foam and sleeps cooler compared to memory foam. I loved memory foam but my husband sleeps hot, so we switched to latex and haven't looked back. Probably not a good solution for anyone with a latex allergy but otherwise I highly recommend latex.

I ordered both from Arizona Premium Mattress. Here's a link to their RV mattresses; we bought the solid core latex mattress and no regrets so far. We haven't had many nights camping in our RV yet but we tried the original mattress that came with the Jayco and couldn't lay on it for more than 5 minutes without back pain. With this latex one we both wake up refreshed and pain free.

As an aside, for our bed at home, we actually ordered the components from them separately and built our own custom latex hybrid mattress. My half of the bed is medium firm and my husband's side is firm. And it was 1/3-1/5 of the cost compared to getting a latex hybrid mattress pre-built where each side wasn't customized!
ADKAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #22

Dynasty Mattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV 10-inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam
I wish I would have bought this before we dumped the money on a sleep number bed for the stick and bricks.
KregChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:58 AM   #23

We just replaced our with one from Mattress Inside and could not be happier. I can pretty much sleep on anything but the DW is picky and she was sos after the first night but after 3 nights on it she was very happy to not wake up with a sore back. You have 2 options as one side is firmer than the other so you can try it by flipping the mattress over. It is made with the rounded corners to fit out platform and fits perfect. They have a 121 day satisfaction guarantee and you dont have to ship it back! We got the 8" Luxury Mattress. IF you decide to buy, there are several discount codes on the internet and you can stack them for up to 15% discount.

We have a Sleep number at home and are considering replacing it with one from Mattress Insider.

https://www.mattressinsider.com/cust...oid=1002769048

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote