Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2021, 05:09 PM   #21

Stopped here headed to Yellowstone for 1 night, on the way home we stayed here for 4 nights to R&R:

https://escapervresorts.com/locations/echo-island/

We've been to this place twice, once last Spring and again in Sept for the rut. Roosevelt Elks wandering through you campsite:

https://www.elkcountryrvresort.com/
2016 Feather 7 18RBM
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:50 PM   #22

For me, the one that really stands out is in Yosemite. Fresh back from Vietnam, rented a tt and drove to Yosemite in the dark. Unexpected snow in the park. Pulled into the campground , hopped in the tt to sleep. Got up early the next morning, stepped outside and discovered that we were in the middle of giant redwoods. Awesome surprise awesome national park. Never forget it!
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #23

I have many, mostly boondocking locations but as far as campgrounds it's where I am currently.....Colorado State Park in Fruita colorado!!

I am helping out in Maintenance for a free FHU site. It's beautiful here right on the Colorado River! Also a lake where I can walk to and fish! Hiking trails everywhere!! Short walk to downtown!!

If you happen to come here look me up!!

Happy trails.....!!

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:04 PM   #24

My seasonal site. Whispering Pines in Holmen, WI. Great friends that are family to us and HUGE sites!
Attached Thumbnails
20200606_011428.jpg   20200614_202525.jpg  
Gifted to daughter: 1996 Jayco Eagle Pop-up loaded with memories!
Puckfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #25

Beach Front RV park in Harbor/Brookings OR. Over the small dike and you are on the beach. Maybe not one of the best, but one of our favorites.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #26

Which ONE? Wow, that's a tough question but, after my wife and I discussed it a bit, we decided on Gouldings just north of the AZ line and in UT... right in the middle of Monument Valley. Spectacular views of the monoliths (particularly at sunset) and ready access to many wonderful sites like Valley of the Gods, Moki Dugway, Gooseneck SP, Mexican Hat, and Natural Bridges NM. The place was started by the Gouldings family to give the local Indians productive jobs and has everything you could need - grocery store, gas station, hotel, restaurant, etc - and the biggest, most wonderful Navajo tacos ever. We stay there anytime we're going to be within a couple of hundred miles from the place.
Another was on Chocoloskee Island in FL... backed up to the waterfront in one of the biggest, most beautifully landscaped lots we've ever stayed in. We even had our own private pier! Booked for 1 night, stayed for 3 and hated to leave. Glad you didn't ask about those places you stayed and would most like to forget... we have quite a few of those too!

weezer (retired - yippeeee - engineer)
Wife (Lisa) and 3 great dogs!!!
2018 Ford F350 Lariat diesel 4X4 DRW CC LB with all options and air overloads
2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS - loaded with options
Ford (Reese) puck mounted 18k hitch
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #27

95% of every park we visit is memorable in positive way for many reasons. Only 2 we have repeat visited in our years camping WDW is always the best except for $$$$$$ and Cherry Hill near Washington DC. A better list is the ones NOT to visit, and poor wifi and staff don’t count.
Happy newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #28

Most Memorable Site

Overnight in the Yukon Territory.
Tents inside an electrified cyclone fence topped with concertina wire.
Trailers outside but completely locked down. No open windows.
Attached Thumbnails
34E6887F-6A62-4C55-9C6C-58DF1B4B9D92.jpg  
IrishSettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy newbie View Post
95% of every park we visit is memorable in positive way for many reasons. Only 2 we have repeat visited in our years camping WDW is always the best except for $$$$$$ and Cherry Hill near Washington DC. A better list is the ones NOT to visit, and poor wifi and staff don’t count.
I was thinking that too.

For us, it's A LOT more about the experience than the accommodations. We've stayed at some places that might be considered a dump, but had an AMAZING experience while there. Nothing really to do with the CG itself, but what we did on that trip.

I'd have to think pretty dang hard about some place that was outstanding as far as the CG itself. And I'd have to think pretty hard about some place we stayed and I said "woof, never staying there again". But then I do A LOT of research before I'll pick a place for us to stay. I'm unlikely to pick one that I would end up thinking that about.

Now that I type this, I can think of at least one I'd definitely go back to: Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre, FL. Nice, clean park. Decent space between rigs. Dog run. Relatively close to the beach (which is why we were even there). Relatively close to some really good dining (we LOVE to try out the "local eats"). Nice pool.

Another would be Rafter J Bar Ranch in South Dakota. That place was pretty cool too. Playground that the boy about wore out. Little on-site shop for "incidentals" (including beer!). Close to nearby attractions (about a 10 minute drive to Mt Rushmore).

All those CG amenities were great, but again, it came down to the location and the things we did while we were there. That's the stuff that makes or breaks a trip for us. We don't travel to just sit around in a CG; I have a recliner at home that fits that bill perfectly.

We have friends who rave about CGs. We visited one of them to check it out. Really crummy area, not that close to anything interesting. The park itself was pretty nice though. Had a nice pool. Spaces were a little cramped, but seen worse. When we asked them later "Cool park, what do you DO when you're there?" Their answer: "Sit in the CG pool and drink beer all day." Ah, that makes sense. Not for us...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #30

My River camp on the Ausable River in Keene NY. No electric but 12 acres totally in the wilderness.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:02 PM   #31

Most memorable camping

That’s actually a tough question, I think favorite so far was United Campground in Durango Colorado. The Durango narrow gauge railroad runs along the river directly behind camp. Really cool to watch! Worst was in Dalhart Texas, the spot was at least a good 30 feet behind a railroad yard behind a vinyl fence. Trains are cool, just not so night while you trying to sleep. We boondock mostly and have a few really great “ hidden” spots!
Attached Thumbnails
33366A4C-3B97-4503-A654-AEFC245BEAB6.jpg  
Rvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:30 AM   #32

City of Rocks near Silver City, NM. No hookups, so we only stayed one night, but really enjoyed it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694_Original.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	70323
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:33 AM   #33
RPR

Best deal we got on a over night stop. Vineyard had 8 sites used by workers during harvest time. It was off season so owner of vineyard said just give me $20 cash. Nice level site, full hook ups and great WiFi.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #34

Willow Tree RV Resort in SC. Best campground I’ve been on save Fort Wilderness.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer View Post
Which ONE? Wow, that's a tough question but, after my wife and I discussed it a bit, we decided on Gouldings just north of the AZ line and in UT... right in the middle of Monument Valley. Spectacular views of the monoliths (particularly at sunset) and ready access to many wonderful sites like Valley of the Gods, Moki Dugway, Gooseneck SP, Mexican Hat, and Natural Bridges NM. The place was started by the Gouldings family to give the local Indians productive jobs and has everything you could need - grocery store, gas station, hotel, restaurant, etc - and the biggest, most wonderful Navajo tacos ever. We stay there anytime we're going to be within a couple of hundred miles from the place.
Another was on Chocoloskee Island in FL... backed up to the waterfront in one of the biggest, most beautifully landscaped lots we've ever stayed in. We even had our own private pier! Booked for 1 night, stayed for 3 and hated to leave. Glad you didn't ask about those places you stayed and would most like to forget... we have quite a few of those too!

My wife and I agree on Gouldings. The views were spectacular and the campsites were all nice and in the middle of beautiful red sandstone formations. The views and sunset from the ridge above the campground (easy hike) are incomparable. We took a bottle of wine with us and just sat there and marveled at the beauty of nature. Monument Valley is not to be missed.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:22 PM   #36

Once we can cross the border again from Canada to US, we really enjoy going to the Village RV park at Turnings Stone. We found this nice locations, in Verona, NY. I also always tend to remember the one we need not to go back, especially where there are too many untrimmed branches when we drive in or on the sites. Trying to avoid spending countless hours buffing and waxing when we return back home.
Malyhupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:34 AM   #37

Okatoma Resort & RV Park in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Completely secluded so that the only traffic sound is from within the park itself. I'm an avid fly fisherman and they have 3 stocked lakes to wet your line. They changed ownership about 6 months ago and are now a KOA CG. We will be there for a month between September & October.

https://okatomaresort.com/
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Willow Tree RV Resort in SC. Best campground I’ve been on save Fort Wilderness.
We have been going there for years with our camping club. We will be there for 3 nights in May. Nice area and facility.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Okatoma Resort & RV Park in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Completely secluded so that the only traffic sound is from within the park itself. I'm an avid fly fisherman and they have 3 stocked lakes to wet your line. They changed ownership about 6 months ago and are now a KOA CG. We will be there for a month between September & October.

https://okatomaresort.com/
I love that place! We use it as our stop over when we travel to FL. I didn't realize they had changed ownership.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I love that place! We use it as our stop over when we travel to FL. I didn't realize they had changed ownership.
The previous owner, when we were there last September, was talking about selling it. I spoke with the new owner when making reservations for this year and they have really done a lot to the place. Didn't really think they needed to do that much but it appears they cut down substantially, if not all together, full time residents. I really love the fishing
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote