Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #1

Thumbs up Outdoor Stove Hookup

I was thinking of adding a portable stove outside of our 22fb. now i would use a aluminum table to sit the stove on and hook it up to the propane line that is located under the trailer with the quick disconnect end. it should be a simple thing to do and convert a canister style stove to the propane line. has anyone done the same?

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #2

All you need is a stove that works on low pressure and an extension hose. If the stove already has a regulator then it's not set up for low pressure. Not sure if removing the regulator from a canister stove is the way to go, it could be, but I have never tried it myself. I have a grill that came with a camper I no longer have and it was set up for the low pressure tap on the camper.

You will not find an extension hose at a camping store including camping world. But you can google propane extension hose for RV and find them there. You need one with a male and female quick connect.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #3

I looked high and low for a hose that would hook up to the quick connection under our 5er on one end and then to our Weber Q on the other (I took out the tilt-out cook top that came with the trailer). As luck would have it, I did find one at a Camping World however, the service tech said that it would not work on my Weber cuz it had a regulator and that combined with the regulator on the 5er would make the propane gas pressure too low. So what I ended up doing was I got a 12' hose that hooks up directly to one of my 30 gallon propane tanks on one end and to the Weber on the other end. Therefore, the quick-connect will go un-used. But at least I don't have to use the expensive 1# smal tanks.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #4

There is a thread here somewhere on doing what you want to do. Personally, I went to Lowes and purchased 2 ten foot propane extension hoses. I then purchased a quick connect and attached it to one end of the 20 foot extension. (Be aware though that there are different size quick connects. The first one I purchased from Camp Chef did not fit my TT quick connect. I did however find one at a local RV dealer that did.) I don't use mine on a grill or stove, but I use it on a turkey fryer base. We really enjoy fixing low country boils when camping, and thats what I use it for. It did take another trip to a local hardware store to get the fittings to connect to the turkey fryer. The quick connect is only on one end. Works great! For cooking, we use charcoal. I used the yellow teflon tape on all connections.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #5

Here's how I did it and it's been working out great. It's a simple solution that's easy to swap from my Weber Q grill to the Camp Chef oven.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...785#post150785

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote