Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #21
RPR

Pushing 70. #3 disc lower back acts up now and then. Now they say it has arthritis around it too. My older sister keeps reminding me that getting old is not for the faint of heart!
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #22

Sorry to hear about the injury, I played softball till 55, when I realized I was older than the umpires I called it quits. Then in 2017 I tore the meniscus in my right knee while walking across our roof. You have to be tough to get old!
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
Sorry to hear about the injury, I played softball till 55, when I realized I was older than the umpires I called it quits. Then in 2017 I tore the meniscus in my right knee while walking across our roof. You have to be tough to get old!
28 years active duty Infantryman and never a injury. Last year severe ankle sprain coming down out of a tree I was trimming. My VA doc told me to to stop acting like a 20 year old with a 78 year old body! Lol
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #24

Wow, prayers for speedy recovery and hope you get back out there camping soon.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #25

Been playing softball for 30 years now. When I turned 50, my buddy and I joined a 50+ league. It’s great!
bam1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:28 PM   #26
RBW

have a quick recovery and go camping!
Home of the Spruce Goose
McMinnville, OR
RBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #27
Site Team

I hope everyone here gets better soon.

It seems a lot us us still think we're young enough to do things we wouldn't do if we only askes our wives first.

I've learned it takes me a lot longer to heal in places I didn't know I had.

The physical therapists really don't have a sadistic streak, they really are trying to make you feel better, just not while you're there.

There's a direct correlation to your age in years, and the number of weeks it takes to heal.

If I had only stopped to think about what could possible happen,,,nah,,,I'm a guy!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #28

My 90 year old father has a saying… Getting old isnt for sissies
Old 07-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #29

I have a much younger friend in his early 40's. He was always a good athlete but hasn't really been involved in sports for about 10 years. Somehow he got involved in a pickup game of basketball. Wrong move, popped his Achilles and was sidelined for months. He's a police officer and for awhile the crooks had the advantage .

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #30
RPR

One brother in law says he sits on the side of the bed in the morning before getting up to make sure all the pieces and parts are working.
Another sits on the side of the bed in the morning just to make sure all the pieces and parts are still there.
My body is looking after me. When I get ready to do something I shouldn’t my body speaks up and says “let’s talk about this first”
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 06:28 AM   #31

need to show this to the wife

We have been playing mixed league softball for the last few years every Sunday. because of this activity we need to be home from our weekend camping trips early Sunday afternoons. maybe if i show this to her she will let us quit and we then will be able to stay away longer .
I keep telling her i am getting to old for this and need to relax the body
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
I hope everyone here gets better soon.

It seems a lot us us still think we're young enough to do things we wouldn't do if we only askes our wives first.

I've learned it takes me a lot longer to heal in places I didn't know I had.

The physical therapists really don't have a sadistic streak, they really are trying to make you feel better, just not while you're there.

There's a direct correlation to your age in years, and the number of weeks it takes to heal.

If I had only stopped to think about what could possible happen,,,nah,,,I'm a guy!
You're so right about the wife thing! " Are you nuts, what the hell are you doing way up in that tree"!! Yep we're guys!! Love life, don't let it pass you by!
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:18 AM   #33

And if you were ever in a bad accident, your body will let you know just how young you think you are. lol I thought years ago I wouldn't really slow down, that's just for old people; well surprise, I've slowed down a lot more than I ever thought I would. Still pretty active, but sure not like it was 5 years ago, or so, since the accident.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:01 AM   #34
Site Team

Two weeks ago I took a 5 mile hike in some moderate trails here in Western NC. Then after, I was eating a sandwich on the way back and a crown on the front shattered and I swallowed it!

I suffered from calf soreness for several days and have waited for a dental appointment for two more weeks, this Monday, to get a temporary crown until I can get back home to my regular dentist.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #35

I probably bring the avg age on this forum down a point or two (I'm in my early 40's).

Even so, DW reminds me CONSTANTLY that I'm not in my 20s any more! Stop talking lady! I'm invincible!

Just last weekend, I went to add some air springs to her truck to help manage the loads we haul with it. It ended up being a bit more difficult and time-consuming than anticipated. I laid on the concrete in the driveway all morning and into the afternoon fighting with suspension parts. Rolling around, fighting with heavy parts, holding my arms above my head, doing the equivalent of about 2 million sit ups... I was sore for 2 days after that.

My buddy and I installed some stairs on the front of an investment property the next day. I sweated so much, it looked like I had been swimming in my clothes! Took me about 24 hrs to somewhat recover from that.

DW told my buddy's wife to tell him I'm not allowed to work outside after 11 am. She's afraid he'll kill me. He's still pretty fit, and accustomed to the heat, and he has a "disability" that won't allow him to stop going... he just goes and goes until he drops. And he's notorious for dragging his buddies in with him, even when they're like me (a little "soggy" around the mid-section).

I have discovered that if I stay well hydrated, things aren't as bad though...

My "younger" mind tells me I can keep up. In the back of my mind there's a voice that says "you need to stop and rest". Sometimes I heed that voice. Sometimes not. If I don't, my body has a way of punishing me for my insolence!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote