Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #1

Cool RV "all brand" floorplan search?

We have been tossing around getting a new fifth wheel as our 2013 has been pulled nearly 45k miles, over many miles of rough roads and highways, and seems to be in need of more frequent care. We'd like to do this while it still holds some resale or trade in value. I contacted Jayco inquiring about any plans to put out more units with rear kitchen layout. There are only two current models configured that way, and there are details about those that we wouldn't consider. We looked at an Arctic Fox unit that was ideal, but for a comparatively sized unit the weight was nearing the overload point for our 2013 F350 SRW.
Trying to just google rear kitchen fifth wheels produces page after page of RV sellers, but there may be a few in their inventory, often older than ours.
Does anyone know of a website or source to pull up new RVs with a list of specs/floorplans?
Seems that this is possible when shopping for most everything else, like televisions, bicycles, cars etc., just not RVs.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:18 AM   #2

Every manufacture has them on their web sites. THOR owns about 99% of all RV's out there so this site may help in getting what's out there. https://www.thorindustries.com/brands

But each manufacture has all floorplans and specs on each that they sell. Just about every floorplan is made for every make and model to some point, it comes down to price, quality, and what name you want on the front cap.
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingDownTheHighway View Post
Every manufacture has them on their web sites. THOR owns about 99% of all RV's out there so this site may help in getting what's out there. https://www.thorindustries.com/brands

But each manufacture has all floorplans and specs on each that they sell. Just about every floorplan is made for every make and model to some point, it comes down to price, quality, and what name you want on the front cap.
Yeah, tried that route. There is no contact us email for Thor to simply ask them. You have to go through all brands, then all models. Same story with any brand. Like I was saying, if I wanted a 55" UHD television there are a number of sites that would list them side by side with a compare feature. I thought that, maybe, some RV magazine or website might allow a person to filter by bumper pull or fifth wheel, then by size (length/pin weight), then by fresh water capacity, two season/three season/four season etc.
The search continues, but at least I won't be running through this search quickly.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Yeah, tried that route. There is no contact us email for Thor to simply ask them. You have to go through all brands, then all models. Same story with any brand. Like I was saying, if I wanted a 55" UHD television there are a number of sites that would list them side by side with a compare feature. I thought that, maybe, some RV magazine or website might allow a person to filter by bumper pull or fifth wheel, then by size (length/pin weight), then by fresh water capacity, two season/three season/four season etc.
The search continues, but at least I won't be running through this search quickly.
As stated, each manufacture web site has 99% of that information, when it comes to TV's, that varies and some dealers remove them and add them on as an option even though all RV's comes with TV's from the factory. Each RV has different TV sizes, different options, etc. You have to do some leg work and go to dealers as well, but use the manufacture's web site for some baselines of the models, floorplans, etc.

If you can go to an RV show, do that, you'll see just about everything there from the 5k travel trailer to a million dollar coach and everything in between
DownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

I have used this website in the past, perhaps it will help you narrow your search

https://www.rvingplanet.com/product/fifth-wheel
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:25 AM   #6

Was using TV as an example. Could have said lawnmowers
Thanks

Old 05-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #7

Just what I was hoping fot distracto! Thanks a lot.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #8

Sometimes there is no shortcut to just having to do the homework. You can probably cut your search by price and brands, so you only have to go through a handful of companies. At least you can do it online and not have to visit each brands dealers to get the info...It's only been the last 20 - 25 years that the internet was around to do the searches.. For most of my life we had to visit face to face to find out facts and to compare products...so I may see it as a big a deal as those more use to using the net to do the work. In some ways, it's better to see it in person, I get a "feel" for quality as soon as I walk in an RV. I may pass up something online that I thought was not "right" when in reality it may of been the best overall.

Good Luck on your search...

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #9

Traded in our Jayco

We found that a few manufacturers still make rear kitchen models, and went into specs. Came down to Arctic Fox, or Outdoors RV. Our dealer in Missoula carries an ORV on occasion, but says they sell as soon as they get one. We were never able to even walk through one. So we decided to make one last trip for the season, heading for the Oregon coast. ORVs are built in La Grande Oregon and the closest dealership to them is in Pendleton. Calling them they said they had many so we stopped there on our way through.
Made a deal, trading our 29.5RKS for their F28.5RKS Glacier Peak Titanium. Been in it only a couple of nights but its just want we wanted. The floorplan is almost identical, but as if someone came in and updated everything. I was most impressed with attention to detail. When I'd look into cabinets, into wiring or plumbing areas, there was a pride showing in neatness. No tangles of wire, no sawdust or construction debris.
We both felt sad to leave our old fiver there, but it was beginning to show its age. We had a bit over 50k miles in it.
Dave

Tags
rear kitchen fifth wheel