Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
That's a very valid point. I read an article somewhere recently where the higher interest rates were becoming a concern in the housing market also. I'll put up a link if I can find it again.
There is no way Jayco would ever consider increasing their quality control. They build crap and know they build crap. They will continue to build crap until senior executives are changed who know how to spell Quality Control!!

2018 Jayco (Junkco) Seneca 37RB
13 Months Owned
7 Months in Shop
OldSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post
There is no way Jayco would ever consider increasing their quality control. They build crap and know they build crap. They will continue to build crap until senior executives are changed who know how to spell Quality Control!!

13 Months Owned
7 Months in Shop
I'm sorry. I don't understand your response to my post. What does my comments about higher interest rates effecting the RV and housing markets have to do with Quality Control?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
How are they gouging you ? You can choose to get your own financing and take the bigger discount, or, you can take their financing without the discount? It's totally your choice. You can also choose to pay cash, and have zero financing PLUS get the discount. That's what I choose.
I don't know about the gouging statement, but we shopped for 2 campers and a truck in the past 400 days. Many dealerships desperately want you to finance. They get what amounts to a kickback from the financing companies. I got an additional discount on one of the campers and the truck for financing through their bank. Neither would do the same pricing without the financing. The camper loan lasted from Saturday until Monday, when I paid it off.

It is truly sad, but cash in the US has become a shameful thing with some.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Snip...
I got an additional discount on one of the campers and the truck for financing through their bank. Neither would do the same pricing without the financing. The camper loan lasted from Saturday until Monday, when I paid it off.

THAT'S how you do it!

I'm not sure I agree with cash being a shameful thing. I seems it offers an opportunity for some to do exactly what you did.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
THAT'S how you do it!

I'm not sure I agree with cash being a shameful thing. I seems it offers an opportuinty for some to do exactly what you did.
In my business I happily except any cash that is thrown my way lol. ☺
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Somehwat shameful because we live in a capitalistic country where the chance to generate additional revenue is the rule and desire of the land. So given the opportunity to receive cash v. compounded principal + interest, the latter is expected behavior from a capitalist.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #27

I took the 0% loan over 7 yrs when I bought my truck and I made the deal at cash and then flipped to the loan for an extra 1000$ discount. I can make 5-10% on my money while paying 0% so it works for me. It's the only debt I have so I'll just leave it until I get tired of seeing the monthly acct debit.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #28

Mcspaho1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post

13 Months Owned
7 Months in Shop
Suggestion. Buy a Newmar King Aire and go complain on their forum, lol 😄
Mcspaho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #29
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post

In the first article I think it is interesting Bob says part of what is hurting profits is warranty work. Imagine that.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #30

After a record setting year it's to be expected that sales may go down. Hard to set new records every year.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:44 PM   #31
RPR

No time to do it right the first time. Do it right the second time if you have time.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossingover View Post
Anyone who has had the misfortune to camp at a crowed, run-down commercial campground (or tried to get a reservation in one) would certainly want to give up the RV life. Even our much loved state parks have become difficult to navigate reservations into. There is simply too much RV supply for campground availability to handle. So, the decline in RV sales has a potential good upside for the rest of us.
I agree.....
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #33

Tariffs may be contributing, but they will be worked out. We have been taking it up the butt for the last 30+ years as far as trade imbalances because no one wanted to do anything about it. I work in an industry that is affected as well, so it is what it is.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk View Post
In the first article I think it is interesting Bob says part of what is hurting profits is warranty work. Imagine that.
It's not hard for me to imagine at all. When I total up the invoices we have for warranty work charges, it already comes to more than 50 percent of what we originally paid for our Eagle and they aren't done yet.

I have found at least a half dozen instances in the build of ours where covering up a problem was the choice they made in the hopes it wouldn't be discovered vs. taking a few more seconds doing it right in the first place and another that ended up causing a total collapse of the support structure under one of our slide outs.

The end result was the complete and total erasure of any profit from our unit and at least one or two others that had no problems. Are we an anomaly? Appears we might not be.