Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #1

Sleep Number Mattresses

Does anyone out there have a Sleep Number Mattress in their rigs? My DW and I both have bad backs (age, surgery and, for me, too many bad landings in a parachute) and we both wake up with painfully sore backs.

We just bought a JAYCO Eagle (351 RLSA) and while the 'standard' mattress seemed okay to start, now it's back to the same old thing.

So, now we're thinking Sleep Number. Any advice or feedback? Thanks.
Jim and Carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #2

Hello , Jim & Carolyn...... Yep those mattersses are Junk IMOP we are looking to replace ours too. We have looked at sleep number but they don't make a RV King and ours also has radius corners at the botton. I think we are looking at a Memory Foam matterss and a good knife to cut it down. Good Luck with your search !!
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi154 View Post
Hello , I think we are looking at a Memory Foam matterss and a good knife to cut it down. Good Luck with your search !!
Use an electric carving knife and silicon spray lube when cutting... If you are in cold climate memory foam can freeze solid and take days to thaw out..

back to the thread topic..
I would not have one of those things.... as it looses pressure overnight it will pump back up... I dont need to listen to bzzzzz every few hours..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #4

I have slept on a Select Comfort mattress (makers of the sleep number mattress) for well over a decade now in the sticks and bricks home, and I love it! It has never lost air pressure during the night. In fact, the only time I mess with the pressure doodad is when I've strained my back and need to adjust the pressure for comfort. I would love to replace my mattress in the fiver with one, but can't afford it right now. I got my Select Comfort before they upgraded to the sleep number system.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #5

I think they SUCK!
Adopt a shelter pet!

2009 Jayco Designer 37RLQS
2011 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Crew Cab 4X4 Dually
20K Curt Q5 hitch
av8arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #6

Well yesterday we got a new matterss from Overstock. We went with a 12 thick foam matterss. The thing came rolled up real small. We cut the package on the bed and unrolled it. Turned on the heater and this morning it was ready for a trim. We used a serrated knife, and couple cuts a we are ready to hit the road. The matterss has a layer for back support or what ever they call it.

Well we will be part time-in as next year we have two trips of 4 months plus for each trip.. Texas soon then Alaska in May sure hope this new matterss works out.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi154 View Post
Well yesterday we got a new matterss from Overstock. We went with a 12 thick foam matterss. The thing came rolled up real small. We cut the package on the bed and unrolled it. Turned on the heater and this morning it was ready for a trim. We used a serrated knife, and couple cuts a we are ready to hit the road. The matterss has a layer for back support or what ever they call it.

Well we will be part time-in as next year we have two trips of 4 months plus for each trip.. Texas soon then Alaska in May sure hope this new matterss works out.
Just remember that if it is cold, these foam mattresses will freeze up and become hard as a rock...... I know it happened to me last Jan. going from Alberta to Arizona, but a couple of hours with a plugged in ceramic heater did the trick. Just make sure you are in an area that you have electricity or a generator.
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #8

Thanks Albertaguy, I will be using the mattress Soon as we leave for Sunny Warm (I hope) I sure hope everything works out as I paided $ 600 bucks for the mattress. We I read the reviews and most were positive.