Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

Snowmobile Pics

As some of us know, the camping season is winding down. Most of us in the North will soon be winterizing our rigs and placing them in hibernation.

So as a way get rid of the winter blues, who snowmobiles? Post some pics of your sleds, rigs, trail pics and the area you ride in.

We pretty much trail ride only, except when breaking trails around the cabin, cutting across a lake to shorten the trip or mess (in a fun way!) with some other riders that were ahead of us by sitting trail side as they "catch up" because we used the lakes as a shortcut! The look is priceless when they realize they WERE ahead of you, and never saw you pass.

Ride mostly in Caddilac, Mi, and D13, Ontario. Maybe this year we will end up riding in the Gaylord and East Jordan, Mi area. Or a trip (or two) to the U.P. again.

My wife and I currently both have '11 Arctic Cats. She has a T570 (2up), and I have a F8 EXT, hauled on a '14 Sled Shed 12' clamshell trailer. I still have my '98 Arctic Cat ZL500, which the F8 replaced. Keep wondering if we should just keep it at this point or sell it. We have 12yo twin boys who will be riding soon if the desire, but keeping it means a bigger trailer!!! We need the bed space (or a bigger trailer) for rubbermaid totes when we go to the cabin in Ontario. We need to cross the lake by sled (or boat in summer) to get to it, can't just drive right up to the cabin. So hauling everything in totes in a cargo sled makes it easier, and helps keep stuff dry.

Our sleds, up in Ontario.

Rig in Caddy

One of my favorite pics from the trail in Ont

View of the lake from the cabin

Sunrise on the lake

A cold start when leaving the house for the guys trip Feb '15. Though on the way up Feb '14 the temp dropped to -24* F in the West Branch, Mi area!!!!

So as sad as it is that our Jayco will be sleeping for a few months, as least we have something to look forward to!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:43 AM   #2

Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves....
We still have to go before the stupid white [stuff] comes in for its annual visit!

The leaves are barely starting to turn here.

Ok, the snowplow repairs are next on the To-Do List. But, still. Take it easy on Wishing For Winter!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #3

Not wishing for winter just yet!!! Lol

Just starting to think about the list of things to do in the next couple months... Putting the trailer away, shopping for sled stuff, getting the sleds ready, etc. I know the time will be gone before we know it. It is crazy how fast it goes!!!

Believe me, I would love to have more time to camp since this is our first new tt (first Jayco also!!!) we have bought. We have a handful of w/e's that are busy that won't allow any camping. Surprise b-day party this w/e, Mi Football game next w/e and another a few weeks later or so, etc. Have tickets to the Renaissance Festival again, just trying to fit it in... Plus that darn work thing!!!

Plus, have time at the moment while working. Didn't see any sled threads, so figured I would start one.

And while the weather has changed some, I remember it snowing before/ on Halloween and being all bundled up while trick or treating....

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #4

Yeah, snowfall before Halloween one year.

Sandy another...

Although there was a year when my kids were 7 or 8 -ish when it was around 60F that evening. Everybody in the village was giving out treats while sitting on their front steps. I like those memories better!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #5

You guys crack me up talking about snow at Halloween. All my life, I remember more sweating on Halloween than anything else. I think MAYBE once or twice it was cool enough to be what some might consider "comfortable"; or at least not unbearably UNcomfortable! Like maybe highs in the high 80s and lows in the high 60s.

Most years, we're just starting to cool off around Turkey Day, and I can remember plenty of days running the A/C during the football game! But then I can remember a few icy ones too!

Much of my extended family lives in MI, and they always get so jealous of our TX winters. We just tell them "look, you stay inside 3 months of the year, we stay inside 3 months of the year; your months are just different than our months!"

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #6

Snowbirding is the way to go for me. (when I retire, three years) for now its just for vacation. One day this: Next day this:
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #7

Ours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0087.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	20199