Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #1

St. Andrews State Park, St. Augustine FL- Pics

St. Andrews State Park is in, or next to St. Augustine, FL, the oldest city in the US, it claims. Started by the Spanish in the 1500s. They built a huge fort that was later used by the US military. The concrete thing is a shot furnace, built by the US mil in 1842. It's for heating cannon balls red hot so they catch ships on fire when hit.
On the grill is a slab of swordfish I cooked. Never had it before and it was great! Ate the whole thing.
The park was nice, as you can see from the pic with my TT and TV.
There are two views of the St. Augustine lighthouse. One from the front, and the other one I took while laying flat on my back next to the side wall of the structure. Nice park, but I think it was about $24 bucks a night. Kind of pricey, but worth it for all there is to see in the area.
Attached Thumbnails
sasp1.jpg   sasp2.jpg   sasp3.jpg   sasp4.jpg   sasp5.jpg  

SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #2

I thought St. Andrews State Park was in Panama City Beach, FL?

From Florida State Park Web site:

St. Andrews State Park is located three miles east of Panama City Beach, off State Road 392 (Thomas Drive.) From Highway 98 turn south onto Highway 3031 (Thomas Drive) and follow it to Highway 392. Turn left to enter into the gates of St. Andrews State Park.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #3

Anastasia State Park, FL, not St. Andrews

You're right Ed. I goofed up. It was Anastasia State Park, not St. Andrews State Park. I stayed in both parks in December.
I've been to so many places in the last 3 months I'm getting confused.

St. Andrews park was ok, but the spaces were pretty tight and not level. At least mine was that way. Lots of deer running around there.

Thanks for the correction, Ed.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #4

I know what you mean Bill about things getting jumbled up at times. I was just in Panama City Beach a few weeks ago and haven't been to St. Augustine in a long time so I was pretty sure about St. Andrews.

My daughter and son in law have a vacation property in Panama City Beach and we were there for a few days.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote