Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #1

Starting over

My wife & I were commenting a couple weeks ago how we have gotten so busy the last couple years that we only camped 2 weekends last year & haven't been out this year. I decided to put my HD 2500 GMC on Craigslist for a grand over retail just to see what happened, 5 minute after it posted I had 15 emails. Long story short we got full retail out of it the next day & it went with a nice young couple from Lincoln, NE. We purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew with a hemi & 3:92 posi & every available option. I hooked it up to the 308FBS & it impressed me with it's ability. I thought what if I put the Jayco on Craigslist for a grand over retail. The result was a couple took it with them back to Joplin,MO. I loaded their pickup with every spare camping item we had stashed except for my Winegard Carryout automatic satellite. I can't believe how quick it sold & how much room I have in my garage. I was happy with my decision till just now when my wifes nephew showed up to show us his new 38' Montana 5er. And depression has set in.
6 Speed Auto 3:92 Posi
Rambox Hemi Hard Loaded
Airlift Bags 20" Goodyears
2004 Jayco Eagle 308 FBs
Sold trailer starting search
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2

You've got the new truck, now how about a new TT to go with it?
On the other side, lacking time to camp can be a problem. Everyone needs to decide if the page has turned to other activities. I've had a few changes like that over the years.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #3

I have a co-worker that has been trying to sell his 5er for a year and a half. He sold his truck fairly fast and the camper will not sell. He does not have anything to tow his camper. The TT is very new. It might just be that nobody wants a fairly new used camper.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote