Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #21

I was born to camp. I remember camping in my Mom-n-Dads pup many moons ago. I remember camping with grandparents in their TT at the same CG as my parents...the same weekend! I camped as a boy scout. I went across the US with grandparents in a 'monsterhome'. I camped in my teens, my 20's, and now married in my 30's. 'Roughing" it with my wife a few times, we'd tossed around the idea of diving into a pup or something of the like but decided we really didn't want to afford it. But secretly on the side we were both looking at them online (and neither of us knew what each other was doing)- and checking prices of new and used.

Fast forward to Memorial day weekend of this year. We went to a small local town to have brunch with some friends of the area and decided we'd stop by the local (to them) RV dealer and have a look around. Tooling through the small lot, we came across the only pup there- a Jayco. It was up, the door unlocked, we invited ourselves in for a peek- and we immediately knew we wanted it. It needed some cleaning & maintenance and some new tires, but that was easy stuff for me to do.
Since it was a holiday, we had to wait till tuesday to deal, and while I was at work, my wife 'made the deal' (And she's **** good at it!) and arranged for us to pick it up thursday. The RV dealer was family owned, and the folks there were super nice and very pleasent to deal with.
Fast forward to today. 4 rained-out planned weekends (which has given me plenty of time to clean, fix-up, and do catch-up maintenance), one excellent maiden voyage two weeks ago- and now, a planned trip this weekend, may be a bust due to the extreme heat in our area. Fingers crossed for better/cooler temps.

This Jayco is our first (My wife owned a pup long before we met but never used it). And we're very happy with it and it appears we'll have it for many years to come. It's easy to pull with my Wrangler, its paid for, and easy to maintain. It just sucks that Mother Nature has forced us to look at it in the driveway more often than using it in the great outdoors.

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #22

I haven't been camping since I was a kid. A tent, six kids, and a dog, in a station wagon. I don't know how my parents did it.

I have always liked the outdoors and finally decided to get a trailer recently. The decision was helped by many recent deaths of family and friends. I turn 50 next week. There is so much of Canada that I haven't seen. What was I waiting for??

My first trailer is a 40 foot Eagle fifth wheel. Too late to start with a pop-up.

Life is too short. Enjoy it while you can!

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #23

Started camping in 1968 with a Yellowstone 19 footer. We have had since then a Puritan, Citation, Coachman, and three Jayco's. When purchasing my Jayco Skylark I did so for two reasons. The first being we really enjoyed the quality of the Jayco's we owned. Second, the specs fit our needs of pulling something light with the amenities we wanted. Have only been using the Skylark since May, but am really pleased, to this point, with the trailer.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #24

How we became Jayco owners

After moving to WV in 1974, mom and dad would let us kids go to mamaw and granddad's during summer vacation. They would always take us camping a few days. Fast foward a few years...camping as a boy scout with 2 man tent was a blast!! FF a few more.... Bought a cabin tent and started camping a few weekends with family and friends. After buying several tents, and wanting more...a guy at work was telleng me about his pop up that he had. Well they had a baby and his wife was not interested in camping anymore. So $550.00 later I was the owner of a 1987 Coleman Columbia. Last year I was internet shopping saw the 17Z, we wanted lite weight and looked at a few campers but liked the fact that all the inside space is living space, not taken up by bunks and beds.
2010 17Z
2010 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab HD Z71 Tow & Trailering PKG 6 Speed tranny.
shepwv is offline   Reply With Quote