Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

THE ANSWER IS ! lost / befuddled

This pertains to The ARMY CORPS of ENGINEERS campgrounds only.

Working with an ACE Park Rangers (Watch the * asterisk, it will get you every time).

QUOTE IN WRITING---Camping longer than 14 consecutive days is generally (?) not allowed. At CORPS of Engineers campsites only, camping at one or more campsites at any one water resource project (lake) for a period of more than 14 days during any 30 consecutive day period is prohibited. (Vacate for 18 consecutive days).

What comes to my mind is Branson Mo. They have a gazillion ACE campgrounds around Branson MO. How do you ascertain what water runs into what impoundment. Maybe they all do. If so I am in big do-do. I moved from one campground to another a few years back

Simple = complex.

What is left? I guess to cover yourself you better call before you act. That is my observation.

YIKES
YIKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIKES View Post
How do you ascertain what water runs into what impoundment.
The campgrounds are listed under each water impoundment. ie: Table Rock lake or Bull Shoals lake, etc. Check it out here:
Corps Lakes Gateway: Missouri - Table Rock Lake

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:48 PM   #3

Troutslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
The campgrounds are listed under each water impoundment. ie: Table Rock lake or Bull Shoals lake, etc. Check it out here:
Corps Lakes Gateway: Missouri - Table Rock Lake
Troutslayer: You are right. I remember when we could afford more than 14 days on the road (not these days). Yes, there was Bull Shoals and Table Rock, I though 'probably good L M Bass water

As a troutslayer, I was a flyfisherman for trout now strictly LM Bass guy, in a pond right behind our house

Have you been to Table Rock where the hatchery stream runs into the river below the dam. MY LORD ! ! ! There had to be a dozen guys flailing flies around in a 15 yard diameter circle. Streamers, poppers, drys, wets ; HOLY COW, what a zoo. I had to leave, somebody was going to get hooked and worst of all, it started to get heated. Finger pointing, names, you name it, 'on A trout that had to be released'.

YIKES
YIKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #4

Rec.Gov says there are 13 ACOE campgrounds on Table Rock Lake.
I guess that means you can stay 14 days at one or a combination of those 13 campgrounds. Then you have to camp somewhere else for 18 days before you can return.

Shouldn't be a problem, as there are many campgrounds in the Branson area.

As for your question about the "generally". I'm sure that is wording used on a national basis to apply generally. I don't know about specific ACOE campgrounds, but some of the other federal campgrounds do allow some seasonal uses. These are done for campsites within a campground that traditionally get very low use because they are poorly located, away from water, not attractive, etc. In order to bolster use and bring in more money, sometimes these sites are offered for season-long use on a lottery-type basis. The person getting the permit can stay for the whole season, but doesn't need to be there all the time and can leave their RV or trailer unattended for long periods of time. For example, if they live within a couple of hours of the campsite, they might leave their trailer there for the season, but only come to use it on weekends.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIKES View Post
Have you been to Table Rock where the hatchery stream runs into the river below the dam. MY LORD ! ! ! There had to be a dozen guys flailing flies around in a 15 yard diameter circle. Streamers, poppers, drys, wets ; HOLY COW, what a zoo. I had to leave, somebody was going to get hooked and worst of all, it started to get heated. Finger pointing, names, you name it, 'on A trout that had to be released'.

YIKES
I fished there before that area was catch-n-release. Back then, I was the only "fly-guy" there and it was a difficult spot to get to. Now, they have a 4-lane highway almost right to the spot . The "road people" need to forget about making it so easy to get to some of these areas. At one of my previous favorite spots (which will remain nameless ) you had to walk about 1/4 mile through waist-deep brush in order to get to the stream...then, about 2 years ago, all the brush was knocked down and an 8-spot parking lot was in it's place. Too bad, was a great spot. Some people just don't get it...it's not all about catching fish!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote