Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2014, 12:28 AM   #1

Thoughts on a Monday night

This time of year can be difficult for people. We remember, in the 11th hour on the 11th day this month, those that gave their all for our freedom. I personally also grieve the loss of two of my friends/coworkers that died in an accident one year ago today. We think about them and miss them, and we go on living our lives as best we can thinking about all the things that they didn't get the chance to do; all the memories they made and all the ones they should have made but never got the chance to.

I think this is why I like trailers. The memories we make are the things that keep alive those taken from us too soon. When we venture out together, explore new ground, live in community and spend time in close quarters away from the distractions of every day life, we see the real people inside and make memories that stay with us forever. We make connections with those close to us that carry their presence even if we can't be near them now.

I appreciate things more knowing that nothing is forever except the memories we make with those we love. We are all so very fortunate to be where we are, with who we have. We have gained a lot from the losses of others and it's our duty to live well to justify the sacrifice.

Get out in your trailers with the people that you love, and make memories that will last forever. Much love to everyone that shares this passion with me.
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #2

Well said I know for me from the time I was very young my most cherished memories were camping with my family and friends. I wanted to pass that quality time on with my children and family and even though the kids are all in their 20s they still get excited about our weekends camping. You play board games. cards, poke a fire, take a walk in the woods, and sit and talk with each other. I am so thankful for our blessings and freedom here in this country to do these things, only afforded us by those who sacrificed their time and many their lives for the sake of that freedom. Thank you God for the blessings you have given us.
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #3

Well said.. it's also a great way to experience people doing something they love like you do.
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote