Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #21

I'm about ready to cancel my Prime and demand a refund of the unused balance. Except for e-books and items I absolutely cannot find elsewhere, I'm already boycotting Amazon because of the incredibly poor customer service I've been getting from misbegotten Amazon.

Amazon's new carrier, Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is pathetic. They have lost track of packages, causing delays in shipping, damaged packages, causing more delays, and AMZL's tracking is sketchy at best. Their drivers have been known to throw packages into yards, open packages, steal from packages, lie about when a package, etc. I saw a video of one AMZL driver entering a house when the owner didn't answer the door right away and another video of a driver stealing a wallet from a purse in a business office. I've seen numerous complaints online about AMZL's poor performance.

I had one idiot AMZL driver drop a package at night at the door of my shipping address, a UPS store in a busy strip mall! By some major miracle, the store staff found the package the next morning still at the door but the package had been opened. It was another miracle everything was still in the box! All Amazon did was make pathetic excuses. Amazon has also refused my demands to not use AMZL to deliver my orders, saying the best they can do is "deprioritize" AMZL. A complaint to the BBB was blown off.

Amazon's packaging has become a joke. Merchandise is sent with inadequate packing materials. I have received broken light bulbs multiple times because the packers just throw them in a box with a few token air pillows (which often arrive deflated), allowing the bulbs to rattle around in the box.

Amazon has also sent the wrong items. In one case, the morons not only sent the wrong item, the sent the same wrong item as a replacement.

Amazon's customer "service" is now located offshore staffed with personnel that barely understand English. They refuse to escalate complaints to someone in the U.S. to is fluent in English.

Amazon is no longer the low cost leader for many items. I frequently can find items locally or elsewhere on the internet for less, including any shipping costs.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I'm about ready to cancel my Prime and demand a refund of the unused balance. Except for e-books and items I absolutely cannot find elsewhere, I'm already boycotting Amazon because of the incredibly poor customer service I've been getting from misbegotten Amazon.

Amazon's new carrier, Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is pathetic. They have lost track of packages, causing delays in shipping, damaged packages, causing more delays, and AMZL's tracking is sketchy at best. Their drivers have been known to throw packages into yards, open packages, steal from packages, lie about when a package, etc. I saw a video of one AMZL driver entering a house when the owner didn't answer the door right away and another video of a driver stealing a wallet from a purse in a business office. I've seen numerous complaints online about AMZL's poor performance.

I had one idiot AMZL driver drop a package at night at the door of my shipping address, a UPS store in a busy strip mall! By some major miracle, the store staff found the package the next morning still at the door but the package had been opened. It was another miracle everything was still in the box! All Amazon did was make pathetic excuses. Amazon has also refused my demands to not use AMZL to deliver my orders, saying the best they can do is "deprioritize" AMZL. A complaint to the BBB was blown off.

Amazon's packaging has become a joke. Merchandise is sent with inadequate packing materials. I have received broken light bulbs multiple times because the packers just throw them in a box with a few token air pillows (which often arrive deflated), allowing the bulbs to rattle around in the box.

Amazon has also sent the wrong items. In one case, the morons not only sent the wrong item, the sent the same wrong item as a replacement.

Amazon's customer "service" is now located offshore staffed with personnel that barely understand English. They refuse to escalate complaints to someone in the U.S. to is fluent in English.

Amazon is no longer the low cost leader for many items. I frequently can find items locally or elsewhere on the internet for less, including any shipping costs.
I've never encountered any of the issues you speak of, so I'll continue to use them. I buy several items every month and never had a problem with any shipments. I've even cancelled/returned some items without problems or hassle. Not sure about AMZL, because just about everything I've bought was shipped via UPS or USPS. I've never received any damaged items either.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I've never encountered any of the issues you speak of, so I'll continue to use them. I buy several items every month and never had a problem with any shipments. I've even cancelled/returned some items without problems or hassle. Not sure about AMZL, because just about everything I've bought was shipped via UPS or USPS. I've never received any damaged items either.
Same here. I only had one package get delayed in shipping. Can't recall the item but I got it before I really needed it any. Otherwise I've been completely satisfied. A while back I ordered some exhaust system parts for my truck. The manufacturer called for a donut gasket. Turned out I didn't need it. Not only did Amazon refund my money, they said not to bother sending it back.

And if you want to see videos on poor package delivery and package abuse, just Google any of the carriers. UPS and USPS especially have come under a lot of fire for their delivery drivers antics. In other words, AMZL is not unique.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
We've been Prime members since almost the very beginning. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. We live in a small rural community, so we don't have a lot of "brick & mortar" stores readily available. Prime has allowed us to get basically whatever we need, and fast. We might have to drive 30-40 minutes (one way) to "shop" items at a store, and there's no guarantee they'll have it. With Prime, I can just have it shipped right away. I think it's safe to say they've lost money on us.

And I also love the streaming services, and we use the Kindle app on our iPads for E-books. This is great since we don't have cable available in our area, and I gave satellite the boot years ago.

When they raised the membership cost recently, I was like "psh, whatever."
This all day long is our same situation. I use my Fire Stick to watch tons of shows and movies. Once Amazon starts delivering cold items I'll have no reason to go to town unless I want to. Now that would be the dream.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #25

Inspiration for Amazon Shipping Strategy:

Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #26

Never heard of AMZL delivery service. I've never received anything that wasn't delivered by USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:21 PM   #27

As soon as I receive a "just shipped" email I delete it, life is too short to stress about that stuff!
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #28

I have been a prime member for over 5 years that I can recall. Prior to video being included and have to admit I am a junkie when it comes to ordering. Sure I do my homework and if it's not a rush will buy from a cheaper source, but when I am traveling and need something most CG and resort locations accept my package and I can get it withing 1 or 2 days. That saves me a drive to the closest location to get something that might be in stock.

Prior to Prime I would wait 8-10 days with free shipping.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #29

One of the last Amazon Prime orders that I received was packaged completely, and appropriately...... Except that IN ADDITION to the item that I had ordered, there was a 10# bag of exotic bird feed...... Not on the order, not on the packing slip, and I don't own a bird! So I gave it to someone who does!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I agree with jloco, with a couple of exceptions.
I ordered some Chrome/nickel RV reading lamps from them a few months ago.
They sent one and said the other was backordered. About a month later it came - but the wrong one. I had already installed the one, but the backordered one was antique bronze. I emailed and they said keep it, they'd send another. Well the replacement came and was also antique bronze. This time I called to talk to a real person. She apologized and said again to keep it, but she didn't think sending another would work because it seemed the warehouse has mis-filed them, so I'd likely get another antique bronze one. She also made the listing to read "not currently available" so no one else would order until they figured it out. I could have used the antique bronze ones (as I now had a matching pair for free) but I didn't like their look. So I found an Amazon 3rd party supplier, emailed to confirm it was chrome nickel and ordered from them.

Amazon was very responsive and more than fair.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Never heard of AMZL delivery service. I've never received anything that wasn't delivered by USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
AMZL is now showing up on some of my tracking info as well. I usually have about 10 orders a week. UPS, FED Ex and USPS are still coming by daily. I don't know enough about AMZL to comment, I'd imagine they are contract workers (but so is everything that goes FED Ex) Time will tell I guess..
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:38 PM   #32

Amazon Prime member since it's inception. We homeschool and order lots of curriculum from Amazon. Nothing like realizing you don't have a needed book in the week's lesson and get on Amazon, ba da bing, here in 2 days or less. But wait, that's not all, vacuum bags, specialized dog collar batteries, Christmas and birthday presents, RV supplies, and even a 10 lb bag of bird food! (Guess you got my bag Fire Instructor!) I had two Cocktails. Never have had any major issues and whatever has come up has been handled with excellent customer service and a few Amazon credits.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #33

Also, love that they've added "credits" for choosing longer shipping options. If I don't need the item right away, I'll elect the longer free shipping option and take advantage of a discount on my next book or movie.

Back to OP's point, I will typically only track an item if it has taken longer than I anticipated. A while back I ordered some LED replacements for my trailer. They shipped direct from China. It took like 2 or 3 weeks (?), and that's an ETERNITY in Amazon shipping world. But I wasn't in any hurry, so it was no big deal. They ended up being junk anyway ...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote