Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #1

Tucson AZ

I am heading to Tucson Mar. 10-17, my daughter is playing in a softball tourney there at Lincoln park. We are staying in the Starr Pass area, last year we stayed at the J.W Marriot Starrpass resort, it was gorgeous. Just looking for some sites to see when we have some downtime, girls usually play 2-3 games a day so time is at a premium. She is 21 so we can go where we want.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #2

Derek, Desert Museum, Old Tucson, Biosphere in Oracle. Only problem it will take at least 3 hours plus to do each one of these or longer. You might want to check on Collissal cave in vail [spelling]. Later Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #3

X2 on the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. When i go, i generally spend the entire day there. I haven't been to Old Tucson since I was a kid so I can't comment there. Benson isn't all that far from Tucson. Karchner Cavern is located close to Benson and it makes Colossal Cave look sick (and the Colossal Cave tour is nice, abeit short). There are two tours and you can catch both of them in one day. Reservations are STRONGLY recommended.

The Pima Air Museum might be worth a look see. Sabino Canyon is another place to check out. If you want to play in the snow, Mt. Lemmon is 30 minutes away. No skiing yet but they may have some snow up there.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #4

This is my daughters last year as she is a senior in university. It is our last time to watch her play. Next trip to az will be to watch spring training baseball in a couple years. Hopefully we can see some sights while we are there

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote