Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
Site Team

Unscheduled camping trip

We are moving into the camper out back for a few days next week. We are having some closed cell foam sprayed under our floor joists in the stick-n-brick and they recommend not being inside while it outgasses.

We are leaving for Florida on Feb 12 for a couple of weeks so I was able to check out everything a week or so early.

We haven't slept in there since mid November last year.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:36 PM   #2

As good excuse as any to be 'camping'. Had to do the same in late October when they refinished our Hardwood floors in our Stick-n-Stone.

Enjoy Camp 'Driveway'

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes it is convenient. We camped out back for 3 weeks this past summer when they refinished our hardwood floors.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #4

I love my OFF-ROAD POPUP camper. It has all the modern conveniences and I added more batteries and better smart mode converter/charger setup...

With my setup we can camp off the power grid rather nice for the one day/night run off the batteries and use just about everything in the OFF-ROAD POPUP camper with exception of air conditioner and high wattage microwave. We also have to scale back when camping in the rather cool to cold part of the camping season when the propane furnace is required.

AT 8AM each morning we are able to re-charge our battery bank from its 50% depletion charge back up to its 90% charge state running out 2KW Generator for around three hours. Just about everywhere we camp here on the East side of the US has generator run time restrictions so this works out great for us...

I can bring all of this home with us and always park my OFF-ROAD CAMPER so it can be setup with ease and then use all of this battery generator power to run a few things in our house from the on-board 600WATT PSW POWER INVERTER when we are in an extended power outage...

We eat good with our propane Road Trip grille , run our home entertainment items, and stay warm with our house fireplace.

We have all the lights we need and usually have neighbors over joining in at our patio setup... We can also run our house fridge a couple of hours during the day when charging up the batteries when running the 2KW Generator...

Sometimes if this is really a long extended time then I have run into having enough gasoline on hand to run my 2KW generator each day for three hours. I have siphoned out gasoline from the truck a couple of times using one of those hand operated pumps..

Always nice to have this setup always available for us to use. We might even wish for a power outage just to see if we we have everything in order haha...

The camper trailers are great to use in these times of need... If you got a camping trailer at home just setting there it is a great idea to set them up where you can survive just fine in times of need...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #5

Any excuse to go camping is a good excuse..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote