Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2016, 07:29 AM   #3621

Had to grab some chairs out of the trailer for another "event", so I did a quick storage check while I was there. All is well. The birds have moved on/out, so I don't need to worry about evicting them... Next weekend, she's coming home for pre-check and seasonal maintenance!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #3622
Site Team

Today I am going to lube all the slideout gaskets and do some general cleaning under and around the outside.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:54 AM   #3623

Brought home from storage, added 2" latex mattress topper, flushed water lines, tightened bathroom sink water connections, tried out external water filter and pressure regulator, walked the roof, & watched Mater's Tall Tales.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #3624

Replaced 3 Maxxair vent covers. Easy peezy since brackets were still usable!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #3625

What Did You Do To Your Jayco TODAY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
I just looked at your profile to see where you can Camp right on the beach like that. Nice! The sand in the trailer must get crazy though.

Also, thanks for your service!! [emoji631]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No worries

Honestly it's not to terrible.
We are on Camp Pendleton in CA at Del Mar Beach. The sand is easily cleaned up with out little hand held vac. Great investment. The outdoor shower is extremely helpful too lol.

And I was happy to serve. Would still be doing it if I could.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:11 PM   #3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtEmaxChvy View Post
No worries

We are on Camp Pendleton in CA at Del Mar Beach. The sand is easily cleaned up with out little hand held vac. Great investment. The outdoor shower is extremely helpful too lol.

Hey my boys were just there this weekend doing a service project for the Marines with our Boy Scout troop!

We live about 30 min away. We camped there once with the troop in tents on beach. It was amazing! Would love to take our trailer there but I think you need connections to reserve if you're not military don't you?

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #3627

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtEmaxChvy View Post
No worries

Couldn't add photo in Edit of last post so here is one from the weekend.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #3628

Quote:
Hey my boys were just there this weekend doing a service project for the Marines with our Boy Scout troop!

We live about 30 min away. We camped there once with the troop in tents on beach. It was amazing! Would love to take our trailer there but I think you need connections to reserve if you're not military don't you?

Yes I believe you need to be retired, active or have a service connected disability of 100%. There may be a certain percentage of slots available for civilian population but I haven't checked on that.

Good to see the scouts get involved with things in base. I know as a Marine myself it was always motivating to see the younger kids get all fired up when in base.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #3629

We went with Plan B for the glassware storage, which is in the bottom of the cabinet under the TV, in our2016 23MRB. We added a shelf, and used 3" cushion foam carved out for the individual glasses and mugs, and then covered the foam in black fleece. It's not terribly elegant, but it will keep the glassware safe without us having to wrap each piece separately. (There's also room for a couple of shot glasses. A green one is visible at the far right on the bottom.)

The pushpinned-on red thing will go away; it was there as part of a different configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160522_140228543.jpg  
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #3630

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
No I haven't Bill, but that is something to look at. Thanks.
After your suggestion I did look around for some specs on ceramic filters. While the prices are a bit steep, the fact that they can be cleaned and reused 25-30 times makes the initial price very reasonable. The problem I see with all I found was the flow rate. 1-1.5 gallons/minute just isn't enough for me. I know good filtration can't be rushed, but I'm doing well with what I am using, I just have to watch for leak repair in with the parks water system and not use shore water for a few days after a repair to allow others to purge the lines. I always run my hose on the ground for 30-40 minutes before hooking back up also. I am on the end of the line.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #3631

[ATTACH]24336[/ATTACH

First time towing our trailer with our "New to us" truck. Got the WDH all dialed in. Everything is sitting where it should. Drives pretty well and with the Timbren suspension upgrade the truck feels stable.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0061.jpg  

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #3632

The WRAL Freedom Balloon Festival is this weekend about a half mile from the house. So I opened the TT windows and set up some fans to cool it off a bit, as it is going to be a guest house for my parents. Mom loves Hot Air Balloons so she is going to be able to see them up close and personal with about 36 of them. We will be able to watch then from the comfort of our front porch. So, no holiday camping for us, it's a guest house...
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #3633

On a whim, called for a reservation in the town where DW and I went to school. Going to get the trailer from storage tonight to get it "wet" and ready to hit the road!! SO EXCITED!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 05-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #3634

Got back up on the ladder and hosed all the fir tree needles and stuff off of the roof, gutters, sides and awning. I don't like to let that stuff sit too long in one place on the roof membrane, and gotta make sure the gutters are open.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #3635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeneck View Post
[ATTACH]24336[/ATTACH

First time towing our trailer with our "New to us" truck. Got the WDH all dialed in. Everything is sitting where it should. Drives pretty well and with the Timbren suspension upgrade the truck feels stable.
Love the setup! ... But I may be biased :-)

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #3636

Picked up the trailer, sanitized the tanks and water lines, changed over some bulbs to LEDs, got the fridge and AC going, started a batch of ice, set the time on the radio. Will check tire pressures and a few other things tonight. Rig has to be setup and ready to go before bed tonight!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 05-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #3637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Picked up the trailer, sanitized the tanks and water lines, changed over some bulbs to LEDs, got the fridge and AC going, started a batch of ice, set the time on the radio. Will check tire pressures and a few other things tonight. Rig has to be setup and ready to go before bed tonight!
Hey Camper_bob, We just picked up trailer and need to sanitize tanks before tomorrow. We really haven't used tanks too much since we bought last year and never sanitized. Have mostly had hookups but this weekend we won't. Any tips? Going to read owners manual too.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #3638

Started the process of washing and waxing the unit.

You all know the routine:

1) Wash the unit, take a break & have a beverage
2) Wax the front cap, take a break & have another beverage
3) start waxing 1 side, get halfway & take a break with another beverage
4) look at the rest of the side & realize break is not over yet.---- another beverage
5) finish waxing the side , take a break with...another beverage
6) peruse the back & other side & decide that "After all, tomorrow is another day". I think I'll have another beverage.

Will finish the job "tomorrow" ------- cheers

Bill
2016 314 TSBH
2017 F250 XLT 4wd
Propride 3P
Little Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #3639

Quote:
Hey Camper_bob, We just picked up trailer and need to sanitize tanks before tomorrow. We really haven't used tanks too much since we bought last year and never sanitized. Have mostly had hookups but this weekend we won't. Any tips? Going to read owners manual too.

Plenty of discussion on the forum about it, do a search to get your toes wet. (pun intended!)

Personally, this is how I do it: Water heater is bypassed as if for winterization. I hook up my hose to spigot and dump 2 cups of bleach in the end of the hose. Then I insert the hose in the gravity fill on the curb side of my trailer and fill my entire 80 gallon tank until water runs out the overflows. Then I run the faucets inside (all of them) for a few minutes. (usually people say to run until you can smell the bleach, but I can barely smell it with this diluted a mix). I then let it sit overnight (because I'm doing this in the evening after my son goes to bed, and I'm not going to get out of bed to drain the trailer after 4 hours of sitting). Next day, I open the fresh water tank low point drains and run the faucets inside. This not only helps to drain the FW tank quicker, but allows the bleach solution water to get into the gray tank for a little cleaning there too. Once it's all drained out, I fill the FW tank all the way up again with fresh water and run all the faucets to rinse them out and drain all the water again. Then I drain the black and gray tanks (they started out clean from the trailer being winterized, so I just dump the water in my side yard; between the very dilute bleach mixture and the added straight fresh water, it's VERY dilute at this time and poses no danger to the environment). Then I put about 35 gallons in the now clean and empty again fresh tank for "incidentals" over the weekend, flip the WH valves back to normal, add 5-gallons and tank chems to my black tank, and I'm good to go.

It's not that hard, but it takes FOREVER because that's a lot of water and draining is a SLOW process.

I did the sanitation last night. I also checked the tire pressure and topped off as necessary, filled the fridge and pantry, made another batch of ice, cleaned off the counter tops, packed my personal gear, brought the slide in, jacks up. All I have to do is unplug and bring the tongue jack up, stow the block, grab a few last-minute items, put the DW, kid and dog in the truck, and we're burning gas!

Well, I gotta finish work first, but who's counting!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 05-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #3640

Thanks Camper_Bob. We tried to start process yesterday but didn't realize how long it would take! Also, could NOT find the main drain valve for the life of us! We aborted the mission. Will try again next time. Only thing is we would have to drain into our street. Might be better to do that after the sun goes down...