Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #4941

Went to the hardware store to look at bathroom faucets... $140 plus tax for a decent one. Drove over to the second hand store, found a BRAND NEW Glacier Bay chrome bathroom faucet still in the box with all parts. Asked how much they wanted for it, girl told me 10 bucks. Needless to say I have a nice upgraded bathroom faucet now!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #4942

Rain Gutter Extemsion

Tired of water dripping along side of trailer over a storage door. Purchased a piece of tubing, ran in down front of trailer and fastened it to frame with a velcro strap. No we no longer get rained on when air conditioner is running.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #4943

Replaced the Elevator Shaft on my roof antenna due to a worn out "O" ring that I couldn't find locally. Removed the old shaft, cut the new one to size, spray with a dry lube and your done. Deg of difficulty <1 and about 15 min. of time.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #4944

Installed Maxxair II cover over bathroom vent. Used stainless nylock nuts in place of one's supplied. Couldn't find matching bolts or I would have changed those to

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #4945

After my sister-n-law slept on the sleeper sofa, she fell through the middle. Couldn't believe they used nylon plastic shipping straps to support the middle section. Added 4 pieces of aluminum angle iron with L shaped brackets and a piece of 1/4" birch plywood to strengthen it up. Seems pretty solid now.

Now time to clean out the whole inside after camping for 8 days at the sand dunes off of Lake Michigan.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #4946

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Camping in the boonies.......nice and quiet. Right beside a 30 ft. wide creek. While I went for a drive there was a small TT along side the road with a collapsed A-Frame, not a Jayco. My dual group 27 hold their charge pretty good, but will go back to the 6 volt deep cycle batteries again. Creek water is very clean and can do all the chores with it. The 4 9/16 axle lift is sure nice at least I can go in the boonies now. Next mod is a bike rack for the back.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #4947
Site Team

Washed it. Still have a few black streaks, but those will have to wait for another day.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:24 AM   #4948

Reinforced the bottom of the drawers under the dinette, they should now be strong enough to hold my Dutch ovens without damaging the drawers

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 AM   #4949

Sanitizing freshwater tank and lines. Pool pump filled 38 gal tank in about 10 min. from barrel in back of truck. Test the refill set up before trip, works great

Old 08-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #4950

Testing the Honda's in parallel to see how long it'll take to cool camper. Kicked on the 15,000 btu a/c and they didn't change a tune or miss a beat. Fuel burn seems to be ok so far after an hour an half. Needle ain't moved

Old 08-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #4951

What Did You Do To Your Jayco TODAY?

Got back from camping a little early and it was a nice day so I finally bit the bullet and dialed in my Reese Strait-Line WDH with dual cam Sway control on my Jay Flight 26BH. I could tell that something was not right the way the dealer set it up. A trip across the CAT scales a few weeks back showed the WDH was only transferring 200 lbs back to the front axle, and that was with using 4 tight links. Had porpoising more than I cared for. After all the measurements I had to flip the shank so I could get the ball height right. The dealer also had the ball pointed towards the truck. It now points towards the TT and front fender height was returned to stock ride height and rear was only down about a 1/2" using 5 tight links. I also adjusted the arms for the dual cam Sway control so that the bumps in the bars were centered over the Sway control arms. Bars are now parallel with frame. Took it out for a 30 mile round trip consisting of highway, hills, back roads and in town roads and the ride was much much better!! There was some light side winds on the highway and the Sway control did its thing quite nicely. Hardly any bounce now and it just feels right. This was long overdue and I'm glad I did it. Trips will be a lot less stressful now. Will have to head back to a CAT scale at some point so I can see the new weights.

Cheers [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #4952

Emptied ALL storage and got rid of at least 100 pounds of things we've been carrying with us but haven't ever been used. Reorganized all stuff we do use... Took the better part of the day just to sort through everything.

Not even sure where some of the stuff came from...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #4953

Foil taped the AC vent openings.
Big storm rolled through and dropped outdoor temps.
I'll see tomorrow if it helped any.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #4954

Tested our new weBoost Drive 4g-x RV system today to make sure it's operational before I install it. I plan to mount the booster behind the television and pull the 12v power off the back of the A/V stereo receiver. The indoor antenna will set next to the television when in use and stored in the cabinet when traveling. Our AT&T hotspot will lay right beside the antenna for maximum signal strength.

Instead of permanently mounting the outdoor antenna on the ladder, I plan to mount it on a telescoping flag pole that will be anchored to the ladder while at the camp site. I'm hoping the added height will increase the signal reception. Next I'll hook the RG-6 cable from the outdoor antenna to the exterior "cable input" jack at the rear of the trailer. The factory installed coax cable terminates in the entertainment center so I'll connect a short RG-6 cable from the entertainment center jack to the booster behind the television.

In keeping with my "no drill" policy, I'll be screwing just 4 short screws into the panel behind the television to secure the booster.

Ken

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #4955

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Bought my trailer a new tow vehicle. Then had to replace the locks
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #4956

Had a busy weekend.

I installed an accumulator tank a while back, but the hard hoses were a little bound up, and I ended up with a small leak. So I installed a "silencer" kit to stop the leaks. Turns out with the accumulator and the flexible hoses in the silencer kit, I can barely hear the pump, and NO leaks! tightened up all the sink connections while I was under there.

I ordered part of a "Sewer Solution" so I can make a kit to dispose of my black tank at the house (more to come on that little project).

Installed some more LEDs in the trailer. I'm almost done with complete conversion; I need about 5 more panels.

My favorite and most important mod this weekend: Installed my Supco SPP6 Hard Start Capacitor, and fixed the insulation around the cold side of my AC. The capacitor did exactly what I needed it to do; allowed me to run my AC from a 15A circuit in my garage. Nothing else in the camper will run on 110V while we do this (except the items I can't control). I let it run like that the better part of a day in 100 degree heat, and the camper held at 77. I could have probably gone cooler than that, but I didn't need to. We have a 50A RV plug on the side of our house, but we're going to a friend's house and I may have access to a 15A or 20A plug. Now I won't have to run the generator for 3 days straight.

Did a roof inspection while I was up there. All is well so far. Just one or two spots that are beginning to show a little surface cracking. I'll order the sealant and fill those as soon as I get a chance.

While testing the AC, I discovered that some of the tape I used to seal up the ducting in the main unit had come loose. I had stuck it to the roof membrane that was coming down through the AC hole, and of course, it didn't stick. So I broke out the foil tape and fixed it all up nice and neat. Now the intake side and the outflow side have much smoother paths for air movement. It's a little thing, but enough little things can make a difference.

We replaced our Denver mattress and 4" topper with a 10" foam mattress, so I cut down the foam topper and put it on my son's bunk in the back of the trailer. Hopefully he'll be a little more comfy.

I installed 1/2 turn ball valves on the vent lines of the fresh tanks so we don't lose a bunch of water. For our upcoming trip, we're going to need every bit of that water, so I can't afford to lose any of it.

Bought some more ice trays and made a batch of ice, filled the fresh tanks, did a bunch of other little stuff. Getting ready for 10 days on the road; our longest trip yet!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #4957
BCK

Cleaned and emptied everything out from the last trip and started getting ready for a couple weeks out at the west coast to finish off the summer.

Also removed all the AC vents and foil taped them after reading about others doing the mod last week. Wow what a difference! I thought it just sucked for air movement but it moves a lot of air now.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #4958

What Did You Do To Your Jayco TODAY?

Mounted 3 new tires and valve stems. Installed the Marinco shore power conversion kit on camper. Just need to finish cord conversion. Removed broken patio light in preparation for installation new replacement. Almost done with repairs and mods before long Sept trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
ciret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #4959

finally got to take mine in for the LED light recall. Having a few warranty items done also. Promised to have it ready to pick up no later than Friday this week
Old 08-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #4960

Had the outside washed and waxed after keeping it at the beach since Memorial Day.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote