Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #9601

Been below zero this morning, as it has been for awhile. 15 below this morning.

I did go out and scrape the roof with a small plastic shovel, got maybe 16" or better off. I did it from a ladder, tried to be really careful of the solar panels and everything else sticking up through the roof. I used pool noodles on the ladder uprights so it wouldn't scratch. Winter sucks up here, and I don't have any inside storage for it. Probably should have moved to a warmer climate years ago, but family and friends are up here.
Enough of me whining, just waiting for spring! Happy camping to all this summer.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 10:02 PM   #9602

I checked on how the solar panels are doing and went inside looking for something I left inside. The solar panels were working fine. The item I was looking for turned up in the house while I was looking for something else.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #9603

Went in to check and see if any mouse activity this winter. So far, so good. Traps empty, mouse bait poison untouched and most importantly no smell or nests I could find. OK, we like that!
Old 02-20-2022, 10:19 PM   #9604

did some tidying.

It was the day to hit the project list.

Attached the wall-mount vac to the closet wall

Added a 3rd motion-activated light under the stairs

Found a bundle of wires sticking outside the front cap with one of them completely clipped by the fiberglass. I was able to pull them back in by pulling the battery disconnect panel open and fishing about. The clipped white wire is poking out on the bottom and is NOT budging. it was from the factory like this. Yikes. I have no idea what that white wire is for. But it's repaired now.

Mounted a set of coat hooks in the hall outside the bathroom.

Repaired the strut/lift on the bed. These aren't screwed in with much care during construction so I'll have to do the other side at some point down the road.

Found some water under the kitchen sink. a mixing bowl caught it so there was only a little bit on the floor itself. We believe it is from sink overflow because we don't see a gasket on the faucet. I'll be fixing THAT tomorrow.

Put some flex-seal on the end cap "edge" by the passthrough storage door. Jist little gaps and holes. I'll hit it again in the morning.

put a cover over the propane tanks and checked the batteries.

Oh! and bought a giant faux sheepskin rug to lay in front of the faux fireplace.

it was a good day.
DanniallWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:24 PM   #9605

Ordered Sumo springs front and rear for my Alante 31V.
They went on sale this weekend…
Oochie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #9606

Today I did something . Cleaned the air conditioner filter. We are in Florida and the ac has been on for about six weeks. What a mess! The new Furrion ac has very easy to clean filters. From now on every week it gets cleaned.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:36 PM   #9607

Ordered wet bolt kits for both axels plus two sets of bearings, races, and seals for spares. Four new grease seals came today for when I repack the bearings. Contemplating ordering four new GY Endurance tires before we take our two month long trip. Put propane tank halos under both tanks to preclude rust forming.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:48 AM   #9608

Ordered new brake assemblies for all four wheels, plus a brake adjustment tool and a new break-away switch. Should arrive on Tuesday. Hopefully, it will warm up by then so I can get the new brakes installed next week.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:51 AM   #9609

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Added a generator vent box. Forest River has a couple parts for the FR3, that are generic and allow the Onan 4K generator to breathe out the side of the door to get fresh air instead of hot air from the chassis engine. I recently ordered the parts from my local camping world and they did not need a VIN number to do it. I simply told them it was for a Forest River FR3 and it was a generic part.

70A09401A (grille) - $58
70A09400A (airbox) - $18

Here they are installed. Since the Onan 4000 is tapered being wider at the bottom than the top, the sides and bottom of the back piece had to be trimmed about 1/2" at the bottom tapering up to 0" at the top. Easy to do with a razorknife, just score and bend. The door was removed and a jigsaw was used to cut the opening. The door is styrofoam on the inside, so I used oversize fender washers on the back of the stainless bolts and nylon nuts. I painted mine white to match the coach, be sure to use a paint/primer combo or prime it first.

I can tell you that the air moving through that opening is significant, and in my case since the generator is right behind the engine, I think its sucking too much hot air and overheating. This should resolve the issue I have which is it shutting down while stationary and both engine and generator running at the same time. Won't know for sure until it gets much hotter, but will update when we get some hot weather.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7556.jpg   IMG_7554.jpg   IMG_7553.jpg   IMG_7558.jpg  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:43 AM   #9610

I had the wheel bearings and axle grease packed. Quite a bit of grease on the brakes and magnets. One side was worse than the other. We were able to clean the grease off and everything is working great. Also fixed a water leak that was at the water pump. I thought the leak was at water intake for the fresh water tank. I got lucky and did not have to replace the entire Nautilus water dock panel.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:48 AM   #9611

Ok... so this was last week, added a rear track bar and safety steer steering control to our 2018 Alante V31. The rear track bar was a pain (literally). Can't wait to get it out and see how much more comfortable the drive is!
PatandKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #9612

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniallWilliams View Post
It was the day to hit the project list.

Attached the wall-mount vac to the closet wall

Added a 3rd motion-activated light under the stairs

Found a bundle of wires sticking outside the front cap with one of them completely clipped by the fiberglass. I was able to pull them back in by pulling the battery disconnect panel open and fishing about. The clipped white wire is poking out on the bottom and is NOT budging. it was from the factory like this. Yikes. I have no idea what that white wire is for. But it's repaired now.

Mounted a set of coat hooks in the hall outside the bathroom.

Repaired the strut/lift on the bed. These aren't screwed in with much care during construction so I'll have to do the other side at some point down the road.

Found some water under the kitchen sink. a mixing bowl caught it so there was only a little bit on the floor itself. We believe it is from sink overflow because we don't see a gasket on the faucet. I'll be fixing THAT tomorrow.

Put some flex-seal on the end cap "edge" by the passthrough storage door. Jist little gaps and holes. I'll hit it again in the morning.

put a cover over the propane tanks and checked the batteries.

Oh! and bought a giant faux sheepskin rug to lay in front of the faux fireplace.

it was a good day.
Do you have a pic of that rug?
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #9613

In the Shop for Inspection

Was able to get the FW into repair shop about an hour away for repair inspection/estimate. Looks like they can get the parts locally and say 3-4 weeks, which will fit our current schedule for us being up at MORryde mid Apr for the IS
installation.... fingers crossed that we can get this done with Insurance support and in the shop for repair work start by beginning of next week... fingers crossed....
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:49 PM   #9614

Going out for the weekend so picked it up and took to my mil’s driveway where I could test a recent repair I made on a hot water line. Tested all the other systems as well. Then gave the exterior a bath. I can always find something wrong. Today’s issue was easy…a stove top knob that must need some adjustment.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 02:57 PM   #9615

I am very impressed.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:53 AM   #9616

Got the new breakaway switch installed on Wed. Yesterday, I replaced the brakes on the right side (curb side) of the trailer. Both magnets had come loose and were completely destroyed from banging around inside the hub. The front brake was in several pieces. Should have done this a year ago! Wanted to do the left (driver's) side today, but at 70 y.o.a., getting up and down from a kneeling position as often as I needed to get the job done really took its toll on my legs & hips. May have to put it off for a couple of days.
Old 03-05-2022, 03:49 AM   #9617

Brakes are done!

Got the driver's side brakes done on Friday. Was going to wait a couple of days, but the sky was pretty cloudy and figured that would make it a little cooler for working on the "sunny" side of the rig. Everything works as it should - at least in the tests I performed. It'll be another six weeks before I can give it a road test when I start making my way back to Michigan for the summer.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:01 AM   #9618

I wish it was so wonderful to be able to list something I did in my RV today. Fact is my RV has been in the shop for 2 months now. This is the second time. It was in the shop last year for 3 months. I guess that is part of future RVing. At least with Jayco. But did you guys know that this site is not safe: My internet security informed me that it has blocked over 14 tracking attempts. Happy RVing if you have one.
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:31 PM   #9619

Sold it… decided to buy something slightly larger with a slide out. I bought mine October 2019 for $5100 and sold it in less than 30 hours for $9500! I had five people stacked up to purchase it if the previous guy fell through. And one guy offered me $500 to tell everybody I change my mind and he would come and get it for 10K.
Attached Thumbnails
D68D2B86-C393-4C95-A19D-AAD6D7226A65.jpg   B676B6DB-76BF-4D0F-A882-2387EE44C06C.jpg   C246793B-DB26-48A1-9B05-E48ADDFF2DEB.jpg  
Old 03-06-2022, 09:08 PM   #9620

Wow. That’s crazy. Good for you.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote