Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2016, 03:44 AM   #3581

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Instead of always replacing the filters, Ed, have you considered buying a ceramic filter? From what I've read they can be cleaned many times, and can have a tight micron rating.
No I haven't Bill, but that is something to look at. Thanks.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #3582

It took more time to remove the factory curtain than install the Shub Screen.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #3583

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I don't have a problem anywhere but this one park. And since I'm usually by myself the frequency of filter changes isn't as bad and I really don't mind the process. My home base site in central Alabama has great water and filters aren't needed but every six months or so. Here on the Florida gulf coast it is a different story. I had a guy last year tell me if I went to a 5-10 micron filter they wouldn't need changing as often. I politely told him I preferred cleaner water and that if I was concerned about filter changing/cost I would not use them at all.
I know what you mean regarding not wanting to lower your quality of water. I was referring to adding a higher micron filter before your sub micron filters only to protect them from what you are experiencing on Florida's Gulf coast as opposed to swapping with one of the filters currently in your system. In any case it sounds like you have a handle on it and have better point of use water quality than most in the whole RV park.
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #3584

Quote:
Instead of always replacing the filters, Ed, have you considered buying a ceramic filter? From what I've read they can be cleaned many times, and can have a tight micron rating.
Bill, Ceramics are a good option however, due to their sub micron filtration capability, they would suffer a similar fate in the case of extreme sediment exposure. Of course the cost would be better overall because you could simple clean the ceramic filter upon load up as opposed to constantly having to replace the depth filter cartridge each and every time they load up. I'm just a firm believer in appropriate pre-filtration mainly due to the fact many of my former commercial and residential customers demanded longevity.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #3585

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
42lbs??? Holy cripe they have some weight to them!!!

We have X-chocks, still have a little bounce when someone walks through the rig, but I believe it is due to how long our 32 is. Plan is to buy another set of scissor jacks for the center.

Not sure if that tv will tow the rig though! Lol

What led bulbs did you buy?
The JT's are heavy but there are 6 of them, I was hoping the X-Chocks would yield the same result.

The tv pulls just fine but we are only 10 minutes from the lake anyway. My truck on the other hand will not pull it (haven't tried but know it won't..lol). It's a Tundra with the 3.4L v-6.

The bulbs have to be the short ones or they won't fit, I ordered the 192's in LED but they were too long. These are what I ordered that fit perfectly:
http://www.amazon.com/XT-AUTO-20pcs-...ilpage_o05_s00

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #3586

Sanitized the water system and loaded up for our first full blown 'test camp'. Only going 7 miles down the road, which will be quite a bit easier to run home for anything we forgot vs our planned trip next weekend @ about 200 miles away.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #3587

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
Noise saves Lives!!

Installed my new Air Horn today. Now they will hear me!! Pic is rotated left.
Attached Thumbnails
Air Horn.jpg  
97 Jeep Wrangler
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #3588

I finished installing a rear camera on my trailer.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:50 PM   #3589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
I installed MaxxAir II vent covers on my new Jayco, and now neither of the powered vent fans will work! Jaycee is now using Fan-Tastic powered vents, which have a limit switch on the hinge. The MaxxAirs's don't allow the vents to open far enough for the fan to operate.... Now I have to order replacement covers from Fan-Tastic Vent.....
For those that were discussing the vent covers, about a month ago (Post #3474), I installed the Fan-Tastic vent covers today, replacing the MaxxAir II over the bath fan, and putting one over the dining/kitchen area fan.

Having installed both, now, I can say that the Fan-Tastic product is far superior. The mounting is perfectly aligned, because it mounts to the existing flange holes on the fan. No drilling necessary. You just need to bring a screw-gun and a tube of caulk to the roof with you.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #3590

Went and checked on our Seismic, been in shop since Feb 29th. this is what it looked like in the Dealers lot.................
[ATTACH][ATTACH]
24207[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Slide completely failed in the shop. Go to Toy Hauler Forum and check out all out issues
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205514424_iOS.jpg   20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #3591

Completed my spring cleaning chore. Ceilings, walls, cabinets, floors, fridge, stove and bathroom have all been scrubbed clean with Pine Sol. Smells nice and fresh in my TT now. Only thing left is to organize a couple of cabinets, and then it's on to the next project- whatever it may be.

This morning I made an attempt to fix the broken crank handle that raises/lowers my Winegard TV antenna. It split apart on me recently. I mixed up some Gorilla epoxy this morning, smeared it where needed and clamped it together with a rubber band. I'll give it until tomorrow to cure before I try clamping it onto the hex shaft. Hope it works. Even though a new one costs only $6 or so, the glue is already paid for. Don't spend it if you don't really have to. That's my motto.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #3592

I talked to the GM today at the dealership where we purchased our 377, as they've had our 5er since March 28th! All has been fixed or replaced with the exception of the residential fridge, microwave and one of the black-out shades. I was told that the microwave was shipped on Wednesday of this week. They are still waiting on Jayco for the residential fridge and the black-out shade. I'm told that they are waiting on Jayco to place a large order for residential refrigerators and ours will be added to the order. The blackout shade has been ordered with Jayco, but Jayco is waiting on the manufacture to make and ship to them.

I was skeptical of the dealership, due to previous lies....so I called Jayco with the order numbers and they confirmed what I was told by the dealership.

So the dilemma is...do I go pick up the 5er or leave it at the dealership until ALL has been fixed?? I'm out of town next week for work, so they will need to keep it at least that long, and we have no plans/reservations for Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #3593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
""Little Can;Not so much today, but over the last several weeks after getting new trailer I Installed holder case for my "Equalizer" bars when not in use""

That's a great idea for storing the bars! Did you make the case yourself or purchase it? I looked on the Equalizer web site and couldn't locate any thing like it. Just curious. TIA
I made it from a vinyl fence gate kit. I used one side of the gate ends, cut it to size, glued and screwed one of the caps in place, and the other cap I put a through bolt and hand wheel nut to hold it in place. I then made a hook to get the bars out, since the post fits them almost perfectly. The bars are only in there when in storage at home, or when camping. Keeps the grease & dirt out of my truck.

Here is a link for the gate kit at Home Depot
Veranda Linden 4 ft. W x 6 ft. H White Vinyl Fence Gate Frame Kit-73014088 - The Home Depot

Bill
2016 314 TSBH
2017 F250 XLT 4wd
Propride 3P
Little Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:23 AM   #3594

Installed a Bayite 100A battery/energy monitor. It so far seems to work well. Parasite draw on battery is 0.06Amp. Not a lot for the stereo lights and CO/LP detector. I am curious to see how many amp/hrs we use in a day of boondocking.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:08 AM   #3595

Quote:
Completed my spring cleaning chore. Ceilings, walls, cabinets, floors, fridge, stove and bathroom have all been scrubbed clean with Pine Sol. Smells nice and fresh in my TT now. Only thing left is to organize a couple of cabinets, and then it's on to the next project- whatever it may be.

This morning I made an attempt to fix the broken crank handle that raises/lowers my Winegard TV antenna. It split apart on me recently. I mixed up some Gorilla epoxy this morning, smeared it where needed and clamped it together with a rubber band. I'll give it until tomorrow to cure before I try clamping it onto the hex shaft. Hope it works. Even though a new one costs only $6 or so, the glue is already paid for. Don't spend it if you don't really have to. That's my motto.
I removed my crank up Winegard antenna in favor of the one in this picture. I never ever used it (Tripod and DirecTV HD) and it leaked through the antenna dripping off of the handle a time or two. Soooooo, the problem went away when I had my new roof installed. I don't know how well this one works and really don't care. It does not leak that I know.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0515.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:52 AM   #3596
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
....snip....So the dilemma is...do I go pick up the 5er or leave it at the dealership until ALL has been fixed?? I'm out of town next week for work, so they will need to keep it at least that long, and we have no plans/reservations for Memorial Day weekend!
I would make sure that the batteries are disconnected if the rig is sitting with no power else your batteries will be permanently damaged from being discharged.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:55 AM   #3597
Site Team

We just returned from a 1 week trip and I worked on fixing a short list of small items. Drying rack needed repairs, brush handle broken, ....etc.
Today my LED bulbs for the inside lighting are scheduled to arrive.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #3598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Went and checked on our Seismic, been in shop since Feb 29th. this is what it looked like in the Dealers lot.................

[ATTACH][ATTACH]

24207[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Slide completely failed in the shop. Go to Toy Hauler Forum and check out all out issues

That's terrible
Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #3599

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I would make sure that the batteries are disconnected if the rig is sitting with no power else your batteries will be permanently damaged from being discharged.
Luckily I pulled the battery disconnect when I dropped it off. I'm still concerned that the batteries will be damaged, as I have always kept my batteries on a battery tender while in storage...hopefully all will work out, and hopefully soon!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:31 AM   #3600

I recently learned that long term use of battery cut off switches as well as long term battery disconnections create a problem in itself by not allowing electrons to flow through the battery(s) resulting in eventual cell damage. Granted, such damage is far less than total draw down for long periods so, I think it is important to always be connected to a battery tender if possible and if not, a small solar trickle charge would be sufficient and connected at all times. I also think it may be wise to be sure the battery(s) are fully charged upon long storage or periods or long waits at dealer's lots. IMO, the battery cut-off switches should only be used for electrical repairs/upgrades or short term needs of total power cut-off. I'm not sure if the above specifics apply to the dry AGM type batteries or not but, this may be a good topic to look into for the good of all.