Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #7621

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
After 3.5 years of several flawless replacements, I wrestled 1 hr trying to remove and replace the water filter cartridge in the residential Frigidaire Gallery series. The release clip in back wasn’t frozen as one YouTuber said. Fridge was turned off through whole ordeal. Had to remove its housing wrap and with a finger you can manually move that center clip down or up and it releases. Then I couldn’t get the new replacement to latch back in. So not looking forward to next replacement, it will be another B*^#%.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:01 PM   #7622

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
Put in a new bathroom faucet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Is that a faucet made for an RV or will a residential faucet work?
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:11 AM   #7623

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
Is that a faucet made for an RV or will a residential faucet work?
This is a residential faucets I got it from Lowe's.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:16 PM   #7624

Came home, unloaded and put in shed. DW said no more camping till next year.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:18 PM   #7625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Came home, unloaded and put in shed. DW said no more camping till next year.

So your going next weekend?
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #7626

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO View Post
So your going next weekend?
I wish, next trip in Feb.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #7627

Loaded it, hitched it, and got it ready for the long trip to the new home in lower Alabama. The DW and I decided to move back to the south after I retired last week. Looking forward to a lot more camping, and a longer season in new areas!
Old 01-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #7628

Unloaded all the tubs of huntin gear an clothes, wiped out the fridge an removed just about everything that what was left in the pantry. Another season come an gone. Have a few trips scheduled to go back out to remove cameras an mess around. Camper held up well being drug in an out of the woods weekend after weekend for almost 3 months. Very happy
Old 01-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #7629

I ordered a disc brake conversion kit. It'll ship out tomorrow but wont be getting installed for a good 4 months yet. Winter is like getting old, it sucks.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:09 PM   #7630

Had a rendezvous with it at the RV storage yard. Hooked it up to the truck and moved it a couple of feet to reposition the tires. Put a few pounds in each tire to max out the psi and kept it hooked up to the TV (running) for a bit to top off the batteries. Then came home and took down all of the outside Christmas decorations and lights. Sad day all around. Can’t wait for spring!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #7631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxfire View Post
I have a question and don't know what topic this would fit under the different forums. I don't like stopping so often to fill up my F350 Super Duty truck pulling my Jayco 39KPTS. I have considered adding an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed of my truck but my question is:Would the added weight of the extra fuel destroy my fuel mileage? The convenience would be great but I don't want to reduce my fuel mileage I get.......
In Texas the weight would be about the same as a buddy sitting in your backseat.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #7632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxfire View Post
I have a question and don't know what topic this would fit under the different forums. I don't like stopping so often to fill up my F350 Super Duty truck pulling my Jayco 39KPTS. I have considered adding an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed of my truck but my question is:Would the added weight of the extra fuel destroy my fuel mileage? The convenience would be great but I don't want to reduce my fuel mileage I get.......
It should not affect your mileage at all. It WILL save what you spend per gallon on fuel. I have a 40 gallon auxiliary tank which gives me a combined total of approximately 70 gallons which is more than enough for a 6 hour trip. I never stop at truck stops for fuel since there is no need to. After we get to our destination and unhitch then in a day or two I'll find a station that is usually 30 to 50 cents less per gallon than the one's right off the interstates. Bottom line is you will save money on fuel
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #7633

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
What Did You Do To Your RV TODAY?

After 3.5 years, I discovered a cold draft (not beer) by my (now) side of the bed and master closet. Had 27 deg this morning, and with no wind at the time could feel the effects.

A half inch gap at the top back panel under the bottom shelf, and an 1/8” gap on the left side. Cold air built up inside that portion of the nose cap had free entry into the lower left master closet, and into another half inch gap that the sliding mirror door can’t seal due to the plastic catch clip.

Some gaffer tape does the magic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6374.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	55711
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #7634

I emptied my fresh water tank and refilled. I normally cycle this water every 30 days, but missed doing it for a couple of months while undergoing a medical issue. Now all is well again. Washing a few loads of laundry with extra rinse uses all that water pretty quickly.

During freezing weather I operate totally off of my fresh water tank and only hook up the hose pressure reducer when the temp is above freezing which is most of the time in this part of the country. Easier and much cheaper than using a heated hose.

I always keep my fresh tank full to allow for water system failures at the campground I am in. It has happened to me many times and I always have water when this happens.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:01 AM   #7635

I emptied and refilled the damprid canister. Than I locked it back up and pouted about no camping until spring.
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #7636

TPMS battery replacement.

Noticed the EEZ TPMS system weren’t responding. Chatted with manufacturer and realized I need to replace the batteries! Did and all are working. Batteries have lasted nearly 3 years, but made reminder to check voltage at 2 years.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 PM   #7637

Well let's see.....we are under a winter storm warning for very cold Temps and snow next week so we filled up the fresh water tank for backup added some insulation to the front basement and water closet, filled all the propane bottles to keep the underbelly warm. Checked for any cool spots inside that may need some attention. This will be our first really cold adventure in our new Pinnacle as FT so it will be interesting to see how she handles it......fingers crossed

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #7638

Quote:
Originally Posted by maejoicer View Post
Well let's see.....we are under a winter storm warning for very cold Temps and snow next week so we filled up the fresh water tank for backup added some insulation to the front basement and water closet, filled all the propane bottles to keep the underbelly warm. Checked for any cool spots inside that may need some attention. This will be our first really cold adventure in our new Pinnacle as FT so it will be interesting to see how she handles it......fingers crossed
Good luck!
Old 01-10-2020, 10:33 AM   #7639

Quote:
Originally Posted by maejoicer View Post
Ro, why are you still in the PNW?! If it's any consolation, it's going to be 70 and lots of sunshine today here in Yuma
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #7640

oh a series of events have occurred that is why we are still here....but, it will be a good test for the Pinnacle, we'll see how she handles it and us too! The only bad thing about being inside so much, it gives me way too much time to look around for more mods ;-) which then the DH says "you want to do what !!" LOL Enjoy the Sunshine for me and if you have any words of wisdom about the Pinnacle in cold weather please share.
Take care

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote