Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #41

I haven't lost anything so far, knock on wood. (I check and recheck!) But I have found a nice hand saw, a dog leash and a very nice smore's basket. That's just in 1 year.
okieinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #42

While camping at Canyon Lake, TX I somehow managed to loose a hearing aid while sitting up the trailer on a very hot day. This was the only thing I have lost and it was an expensive lesson.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #43

I bought my TT in 2011 - one of the first times out with it I thought I left the metal hook rod you use to pull your awning down leaning on a tree when we packed up and left. 3 years later - yes I said 3 - I found it tucked just inside under the lip of the outside access door for the under bed storage compartment. Ya know how many times Ive been in that compartment between losing and finding it? Too many to count. Not a big deal, just enough to call myself a putz.
PhyerPhyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #44

My sanity, on both counts.
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
We lost a loaf of bread to a filthy raccoon. Does that count?
If this counts, I need to revise my list. Had my entire chow bag walk off one night while backpacking at Enchanted Rock. Found my bag, but most of the food was gone or soaked as it had thunderstormed the previous night. Luckily, DW had enough chow for both of us, though it was a bit lean for the rest of the trip.

Had another one steal (and eat) an ENTIRE BAG of bagels when I was camping with my dad. I bet that 'coon felt TERRIBLE after that!

You know, we both know better. We've both camped extensively around bears and mini-bears (chipmunks), so we know better. Those raccoons are SMART buggers though. We got to the point where cooler latches didn't work, so we started putting them under the bench of the picnic table; they were too heavy for the 'coons to push, or they still would've gotten in...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #46

I have an "almost lost" item..if that counts.

Laid my wallet on the step bumper of my truck while packing up at the campground. On the road for about a half-hour and decided to stop for food. Looked frantically for my wallet and remembered where I left it. You know that "upset stomach" feeling you get when you remember? Pulled over and got out of the truck, already cussing like a sailor, and walked around back. Yep...still there. Right where I left it. Seems my tailgate pinched it between the step pad and the gate itself!!

Then..I pulled the horseshoe out of my butt.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #47
Site Team

I was 50 miles away from a campground and realized my cell phone was missing. Went back and someone had found at the dump station and turned it in.
I called the number and the park ranger answered. We went back and got it!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #48

Unless finding trash in the fire pit counts, haven't lost of found anything yet. I have a feeling YET is the key word though
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #49

Last Summer Peggy and I were at the lake where we go for short weekend trips, I saw a kayak floating by in the cove where we were. So I got in my kayak tied it on and pulled it back to our site. life jacket was partially out and a fishing pole was in it. We went to each camp site asking if anyone lost a kayak.no one had. So we called the ranger to let him know what we found. He said they had a recovery a few weeks earlier. We also told the campground host to ask as other campers returning to the park. Luckily the campground host asked someone the following morning. It turned out to be theirs. They discribed it and told me what kind of fishing pole was in it, so we gave it to them. We felt better
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #50

On my previous truck and trailer i lost the sleeve that adapts down from the heavy duty hitch to the normal size trailer size. When i disconnected the WD hitch i forgot to take it out. Middle of nowhere and nobody had one in the nearby parts places. Ended up buying a length of angle iron the correct thickness, cut it into four pieces and duct taped it to the WD hitch. Worked a treat and got me back to civilisation where i could buy one.
If anyone finds it on the way up to Mount St Helens i wouldnt mind getting it back
Old 04-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #51

Been camping since 1976 we have found a wide array of stuff. Latley we found a cast iron pot which cleaned up nice, a cell phone, and a fire poker.
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:27 PM   #52

I found four bags of red licorice when cleaning out the trailer last fall. I found them back on my hips a couple of months later....

Our favorite snack food when driving on long trips. I just didn't realize I had so many bags stashed in there. Guess I just kept buying 'em!
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVDusty View Post
Its kinda funny how the same game can have so many different names depending on where you are in the country.
I think Cornhole is the most official name. There is an American Cornhole Association- ACA that regulates it. I kid you not. playcornhole.org
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #54
Site Team

Sitting in my quiet campground on a large lake a few years ago. We were on a little cove and there was no one in our section but us.
I saw a pontoon boat slowly drifting out into the lake. We figured it was from a few sites down from us but no one was there. I launched my kayak, paddled out and towed it back to the campsite where it came from.

No one ever showed up to know it was missing.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #55

I've lost a lot of stress and found my sanity while camping.
Still looking for my mind though. I let it wander some time ago and it never came back,
notaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:08 AM   #56

Lost my mind a couple of times...but nothing of "real" value. One time, I though I had lost a generator, looked all over for it and finally figured it had walked away on the hand of some opportunistic camper. Low and behold, when we got home and started unpacking, there it was..............packed in first thing.

Did find a top line Garmin handheld GPS device once.........used it to back track where the hunters' trail head started and sure enough they were they were packed to go with their kill and searching around for the lost GPS. Gave us a ride back to our campground and asked for an address to send a thank you. Told them it wasn't needed, but the guy insisted. A couple of weeks later, came home to a package ......some really nice venison fillets and some OMG good venison sausage on dry ice.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #57

I am always using my FISKARS CAMPING AX cutting up downed limbs etc when camping for the bonfire.

Got home from this one trip to local campground and couldn't find my ax. Went back to the campground and there it was leaning up against a tree by the camp site... geesch...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote