Originally Posted by micron
Most of us have that one favorite item that we simply can not do without while camping. Its that one item that you would return home to retrieve if forgotten and usually the first thing that you would secure if a severe storm comes blowing in to the campground. So what is that one item you hold most dear?
1) Everything critical for the trip is already in the TT (set-up items, cooking implements, camping clothing and shoes).
2) If we forget living necessities (order of criticality: coffee, gene gas, quarters for the campground shower, food, personal hygiene items, clothes), then we start planning for errand runs.
3) Of things on our 'check-list to bring' that we can't buy on-the-road, I'd list electronics (hot-spot, cell phones, kindles, laptops or tablets) as necessities ~ but we never overlook these as the truck has a charging station that reminds us before we pull away from home.
4) Making sure we've topped-off or addressed things that may be tougher to acquire away from home (not always available at the camp site ... fresh water, charged batteries, full propane tanks, diesel/DEF supplied, tire pressure).
5) So, to answer the questions, we just can't leave home without a positive attitude! Put away the arguments, crankiness, and sniping; head out with a smile on everyone's face, a sense of adventure, and the ability to tolerate the worst. Even the most horrid outings eventually leave us with an outstanding story - have I told you about the time ........