Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2023, 04:13 PM   #841
JOF Mascot

Time for some new bonehead posts. These incidents do not simply stop happening
Old 04-16-2023, 04:47 PM   #842

Taking my Seneca to CW for service....
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 05:26 PM   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Taking my Seneca to CW for service....
I might nominate this one as the award winner of the thread!
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 06:24 PM   #844
Site Team

I made the mistake of friending nambarc!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 06:58 PM   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I made the mistake of friending nambarc!
Now there's competition for the award...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:08 AM   #846

It's funny. I have been dealing with CW all over and never had a complaint. They did jobs like awning replacements and when I bonehead hit a gas station pipe, they fixed it, and improved the fiver during the repair.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #847
Site Team

Well the curse of nambarc strikes.....

Got home from a recent trip and opened the slide as usual. Heard an awful noise and the slide stopped going out then heard a pop. I looked around and to my chagrin the small cabinet above the entertainment center opened up and jammed behind the slide before breaking off.

This cabinet has a retainer and has never opened in over 6 years so I didn't bother looking and it's a small space between the wall and the slide. It also slightly bent the end of the slide mechanism thats at the end of the front bar with teeth on it and pulled a couple lags somewhat loose on the outside brace it hooks to.

I glued and clamped the cabinet door, glued tooth picks in the old screw holes then the next day reinstalled the door.

I supported the slide with cinder blocks and a floor jack and loosened up the bent parts on the slide mechanism. Then I bent them back best I could, reinstalled the lags and added a few fresh ones for additional support. Also had to somewhat adjust the slide mechanism adjusting bolts. Fun.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20230416_123035429_HDR.jpg   IMG_20230416_123103990_HDR.jpg   IMG_20230419_150552247_HDR.jpg  
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:19 PM   #848

Years ago, we had our first bumper pull TT.
I had gotten it backed in our driveway on the first try, while patting myself on the back, I ran the Jack down to the better blocks I used, raised it up and when it came off the ball, I am watching the Jack pole start sliding across the better blocks getting ready to head down our hill and into the neighbors house.
Somehow I had a moment of clarity and pulled the brake switch and it stopped.
Now I am anal that the first things on are the chalks and the last thing off are the chalks.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:23 PM   #849
Site Team

We were in a line to check in at a Rally in Indiana years back and my buddy forgot and left his check in credentials in the rig. He opened the slide to get the folder and forgot to close the door. The slide came in and demolished the door the same way as Crabman's. He did the same thing and you could not tell there was a problem.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 04:03 PM   #850

Not watching “tail swing” at a gas pump and removing the entire back end, bumper, and exposing where I sleep!
Old 04-24-2023, 06:34 PM   #851
JOF Mascot

Keep em coming
Old 04-24-2023, 08:10 PM   #852

So in other words Crabman, Iam coming to you. ��
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #853

Replaced my black tank valve. Didn't really pay attention that the handle was silver. When getting ready to leave told my partner not to pull the silver handle. No we onder to h Ed next day the black tank was full. Time to paint the handle.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:35 PM   #854

Last Friday.. first trip out for the season, Cedar Rapids. Setting up camp and extending the main slide-out, it meets some resistance so I back off to check it out.

I'd failed to realize (until it was too late) that my work laptop in its bag had made its way behind the driver's seat and directly in the path of the extending slide-out... where it then had begun its attempted transition into a taco. Whoops!

"The Cabin" - 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS

crk112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:36 PM   #855
C42

How to Lose Several Years off Your Life

I had my new MH (2005 30' Greyhawk) out for a 600 mile trip last weekend. My first MH and my first real trip since bringing her home. I was humming down the road, having a great time and then realized the generator was still on - and I couldn't remember if that was a "safe" thing to do - or not. So, I decided to be safe (ha!) and pull over and turn it off.

I pulled to the side of the interstate, set it into park, set the brake and popped back to the control center. Everything was fine - until I realized the rig was MOVING with no one in the driver's seat! (I'm a solo traveler...it's all on me.) Needless to say, I teleported to the driver's seat instantly...

I had a 6 foot ditch on one side and rushing traffic on the other. Thank God - the rig was traveling slowly enough that it didn't veer in either direction. I figured out what had happened pretty quickly. I was in such a hurry that the gear wasn't completely in Park...and the brake was only about half-way down.Between the two, it wasn't enough to stop her from trying to take to the road on her own.

I was utterly chagrined at my stupidity and now (and forever will) take the time to ENSURE everything has engaged before my rear end leaves the seat. Of course, there is a good bit of terror about that ever happening again mixed in as well.
C42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 06:54 PM   #856

Boom

I was back filling my black tanks from the drain port. I keep a water meter on the line so i know how much i put back in. Somewhere somehow i thought i had a 40 gallon black tank. Negative. Started with 10 gallons with 10 gallon increments per drain. At 32 gallons it went boom. Mostly clear water poured from the front of the belly cover. No leaks inside. No leaks while sitting. My remedy; i empty the tank when it gets 2/3's full.
PEEWEEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 04:45 AM   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEEWEEH View Post
I was back filling my black tanks from the drain port. I keep a water meter on the line so i know how much i put back in. Somewhere somehow i thought i had a 40 gallon black tank. Negative. Started with 10 gallons with 10 gallon increments per drain. At 32 gallons it went boom. Mostly clear water poured from the front of the belly cover. No leaks inside. No leaks while sitting. My remedy; i empty the tank when it gets 2/3's full.

Raw sewage sloshing and sewer gas venting in the underbelly.....This germophobe is feeling faint....
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:31 PM   #858
Site Team

The bonehead bump
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:24 PM   #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by C42 View Post
I had my new MH (2005 30' Greyhawk) out for a 600 mile trip last weekend. My first MH and my first real trip since bringing her home. I was humming down the road, having a great time and then realized the generator was still on - and I couldn't remember if that was a "safe" thing to do - or not. So, I decided to be safe (ha!) and pull over and turn it off.

I pulled to the side of the interstate, set it into park, set the brake and popped back to the control center. Everything was fine - until I realized the rig was MOVING with no one in the driver's seat! (I'm a solo traveler...it's all on me.) Needless to say, I teleported to the driver's seat instantly...

I had a 6 foot ditch on one side and rushing traffic on the other. Thank God - the rig was traveling slowly enough that it didn't veer in either direction. I figured out what had happened pretty quickly. I was in such a hurry that the gear wasn't completely in Park...and the brake was only about half-way down.Between the two, it wasn't enough to stop her from trying to take to the road on her own.

I was utterly chagrined at my stupidity and now (and forever will) take the time to ENSURE everything has engaged before my rear end leaves the seat. Of course, there is a good bit of terror about that ever happening again mixed in as well.

Don’t feel bad. I got in a hurry once(never ends well). Pulled into the dump station. Hopped out of my truck to pull hoses etc. Yep… truck started taking off. Apparently it’s best to not leave it in drive if you exit the vehicle. I teleported as well.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #860

OK, I’ll get this off my chest! Returned home from a 1,700-mile, three-week trip and spent hours in the heat getting it all cleaned up. Next day, I took it down to the RV yard where we park it and decided to give the tanks one last flush. I hooked the slinky up and thought I had all the bayonets hooked to the lugs on the trailer pipe. When I pulled the black-tank lever, though, I quickly found out out the bottom half didn’t catch them and got a surprise. Boy, did I shove that handle back in quick!

I take great pride in the fact that I’ve never had a spill or even significant drips of black water when dumping. Good, humbling lesson. At least it was at home and no one was around! Don’t tell my HOA
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote