Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Family is ok, no house or property damage. Still no power, running off generator a few hours a day to make it bearable.
You have my sincere best wishes. No power is no fun, and its getting cold at night now. Hope it is restored soon, I know Long Island took a licking.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtoms01 View Post
What am I missing. I would expect tens of thousands in shelters. I would expect to see a million Meals Ready to Eat (MRE's) along with bottled water and distribution centers. It's been 4 days and individual preparedness is running out. Bloomberg doesn't have the resources to yet remove all the dead from Staten Island and he's hosting the NY Marathon, WTH? Things are going to get desperately bad quickly. This is going to be worse than Katrina IMHO. We need Lieutenant General Russel L. Honoré and Giuliani like individuals.
"We have hundreds of people in shelters," said James Molinaro, the borough's president. "Many of them, when the shelters close, have nowhere to go because their homes are destroyed.
Shelters close!
The wall of water that came into the lowlying NY, NJ and CT areas was much like a Tsunami. A storm 1500 miles wide going 30 MPH and churning in the perfect direction. To rise over 8 Ft in 5 minutes is unpreceidented. It's going to change a lot of things in the US warning system, flood maps and insurance industry for sure. Temps are dropping here and there is another Noreaster forecasted for Wed. On top of all this 8 out of 10 gas stations have no fuel for people to fill their cars and generators. It's going to take a week to get the needed supplies into here and now they are going to shut down some major highways on Sunday for people to run by all the devestated areas. So we can shut roads to run on but we can't get fuel to the stations???

I am looking at 3hr lines for the chance to possibly get a few gallons of fuel if they don't run out before I get to the pump. Remember what happened with Rodney King in LA right. You're on the verge of seeing something like that if this continues. Desperate NY'ers will rise and it could get ugly especially with the marathon slappping people in the face on Sunday. I am kinda glad Bloomberg put his stamp on Mr. Obama because I am not voting for him come Tuesday which is a whole other mess for people. Haven't seen or heard from him lately except the day he toured the devestated areas. Someone made a good point of how well we take care of foreign lands in record time but we struggle to help our own. It's been a frustrating week to say the least and my prayers are with those who have lost it all. Be strong, we will rebuild!

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #43

Don't know where you are in NY, but in Brewster (Putnam County) we have some gas without restrictions. There are many stations who have run out because there are quite a number coming up from lower Westchester and NYC areas, but supposed to get more tonight or tomorrow. Further west on 84 most stations have gas. We still have a significant number without power and it is certainly getting colder.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #44
Site Team

One year since Sandy, things are pretty much back to normal here.....
Old 08-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #45
Site Team

Our thoughts and prayers go with those in harm's way tonight.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #46
Site Team

Ours also. I can't imagine going through any hurricane, let alone a cat4.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #47

Anybody in harms way please take care.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote