Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #21

Got the bag on Friday the 28th. I guess I was under the impression that it would hold the whole unit, only to find out that it only holds the griddle top itself I used it again this weekend for breakfast and had much better turn out with the pancakes and cleaning up was a breeze this time.
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #22

I got mine on friday also. It is a tight fit.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #23

used the griddle over this past weekend on our first camping outing of the season. Works GREAT! Used it for breakfast and dinner a couple times. My brother inlaw was feeling at home using it, as he owned a resturant a few years back. Said it was as nice as anything he had ever cooked on there...
Attached Thumbnails
griddle1.jpg   griddle2.jpg  

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Looks great. Been looking at a camp chef with griddle, but now this has me thinking. One question, has anyone hooked this up to the quick connect on your RV?
I just used this set up for the first time over Memorial weekend. I picked up the camp chef 60. When to the local propane store and they made me a 15' hose with a quick connect tip to connect to the already plumbed propane line on my trailer.

It worked very slick! I kept the old hose with regulator that came with the camp chef just in case i'll need it in the future. I felt that the camp chef put out a ton of heat. Way more than i needed to cook breakfast... I'm super pleased with it.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #25

We had our fishing trip weekend this past weekend. We used the griddle (my brother in-law is the boss of that griddle) to cook for 20 guys. 5 dozen scrambled eggs, 5 lbs bacon, a bag and a half of hash browns, 5 lbs sausage, a box of pancake mix and a few pieces of french toast, all in less than an hour. I meant to take some pics, but forgot... LOVE THIS GRIDDLE, A MUST HAVE for any group event

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
We had our fishing trip weekend this past weekend. We used the griddle (my brother in-law is the boss of that griddle) to cook for 20 guys. 5 dozen scrambled eggs, 5 lbs bacon, a bag and a half of hash browns, 5 lbs sausage, a box of pancake mix and a few pieces of french toast, all in less than an hour. I meant to take some pics, but forgot... LOVE THIS GRIDDLE, A MUST HAVE for any group event

Absolutely i have been using mine every weekend since i got it. I set it up at our seasonal site and have it chained to the trailer. I just remove the griddle and bag it and store it in the camper. I love cooking fresh fish on it. Best thing i have bought for cooking.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402349716.392801.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	13423 That is fresh whitebass straight out the lake to the griddle with fresh pico and cheese. Yummy
Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #27

I am loving all these pics on this thread and all the new ideas for cooking and what to cook!!!
navymomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #28

This griddle looks great! I've been considering something like this for a while for group trips. How time consuming is cleaning?
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPCamper View Post
This griddle looks great! I've been considering something like this for a while for group trips. How time consuming is cleaning?
It's really quite simple and quick. AFTER your done eating, wipe down the cooking surface (I use paper towels) to get greese and left over food off, fire it back up for about 5 minutes (I run it on high). Turn off the burners and pour on some hot water. Then I use more paper towels to wipe it clean (no soap necessary). Once wiped dry, I pour a little vegitable oil on the cooking surface and wipe it in. Wipe clean the remainder of the griddle and thats it. Takes no more than 5 minutes to do the whole process.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 11-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #30

Hash browns and scrambled eggs just arnt the same in a pan on the stove at home..........

Really missing my griddle this time of year. Camping has been done for us for almost a month now and the griddle is cleaned and put away for the season...

COME ON SPRING! Im ready to cook outside again and it hasn't even snowed yet...

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 11-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Hash browns and scrambled eggs just arnt the same in a pan on the stove at home..........

Really missing my griddle this time of year. Camping has been done for us for almost a month now and the griddle is cleaned and put away for the season...

COME ON SPRING! Im ready to cook outside again and it hasn't even snowed yet...
I've been looking for one now to compliment my other outdoor equipment! I'm going to get the 36" because I've heard about hot spots on the smaller one. Couple of question though... Do have to use the cart/base or can you set it up on a table? How big is it when it's all folded up for storage?
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #32

Quote:
I've been looking for one now to compliment my other outdoor equipment! I'm going to get the 36" because I've heard about hot spots on the smaller one. Couple of question though... Do have to use the cart/base or can you set it up on a table? How big is it when it's all folded up for storage?
You might be able to use the base with the legs folded up on a table, but I am guessing you would want it to be on a short table because its probibly about 10 inches tall with the legs folded up. You may also run into gas supply issues unless you reroute the gas line as mine seems to be pinched when the legs are folded. I would say its not much bigger than an average size gas grille when all put together and having its own legs really makes for nice cooking.
As far as storage, I place it between the bed and the wall of our camper during travel. I always put the base to the outside wall and the top between the base and the bed because im sure it could damage the wall from its weight.
I think if you buy one, you will be extremely happy with it. I was tempted to buy the blackstone oven I saw on clearance a couple weeks ago at LOWES, but was trying to figure out how much use I would get out of that. I dont suspect it would get used nearly as much as the griddle...

Philly cheese steaks
Tacos
eggs
pancakes
french toast
sausage
bacon
brats
hamburgs
hot dogs

just to name a few of the things we cooked on it this summer, MAN AM I HUNGRY RIGHT NOW....

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 11-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #33

U P camper i was the same as you on debating whether to pull the trigger on one. I can honestly say it is one of the best investments to our camping tools. Just go buy it and you will not be sorry. You will wonder how you ever cooked with out it. Just now you can cook everything at one time. Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx22f/c View Post
U P camper i was the same as you on debating whether to pull the trigger on one. I can honestly say it is one of the best investments to our camping tools. Just go buy it and you will not be sorry. You will wonder how you ever cooked with out it. Just now you can cook everything at one time. Hope this helps.
I am definitely getting one. Just trying to determine how it will all work out for setup and storage. I'm in no hurry as it is winter, but I'm looking to jump on a deal when I find one.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #35

Quote:
I am definitely getting one. Just trying to determine how it will all work out for setup and storage. I'm in no hurry as it is winter, but I'm looking to jump on a deal when I find one.
I bought mine the end of feb, or early march this year and found it on sale at Meijer.com. Shipped to my door for under $300 (which was the best I could find at the time).

Also, if you are a facebook user, like thier page "Blackstone Products" and see all kinds of ideas of uses for their products.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 11-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #36

Quote:
I bought mine the end of feb, or early march this year and found it on sale at Meijer.com. Shipped to my door for under $300 (which was the best I could find at the time).

Also, if you are a facebook user, like thier page "Blackstone Products" and see all kinds of ideas of uses for their products.
Meijer.com would be perfect because we get multiple discounts with them (about 35%) but their website is under construction again and the online shopping is shut down for the time being. So I will continue to check on it. Thanks. And I'll have my wife like them on her FB so I can check it out.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #37

Blackstone 36" griddle on sale at www.Griddleguru.com, today "black Friday" (thru Sunday 11-30-14, although Im not seeing that now on their website) for $249.99 and includes FREE shipping. Thats a screaming deal. The pizza oven is on sale too starting at $279.99 and includes free shipping... TEMPTING

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 11-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #38

Quote:
Blackstone 36" griddle on sale at www.Griddleguru.com, today "black Friday" (thru Sunday 11-30-14, although Im not seeing that now on their website) for $249.99 and includes FREE shipping. Thats a screaming deal. The pizza oven is on sale too starting at $279.99 and includes free shipping... TEMPTING
Thanks for letting me know!
Old 06-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #39

In an effort to bring this thread back, I will post my latest pic of my blackstone 36" griddle. Note, the second one belongs to my buddys church (we donated it to them). This is a pic of fishing camp at Ludington state park in Michigan. on the two griddles, two mornings in a row, we cooked 6lbs bacon, 6lbs sausage, 5 dozen eggs, and 10lbs hash browns, all in less than an hour. Needless to say, the guys were all happy!
Attached Thumbnails
blackstone griddles.jpg  

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Old 06-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #40

Awesome