Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2021, 01:34 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The propane at the quick disconnect is already regulated. I believe your griddle has a regulator on it, that's why it doesn't work, it's double regulated at that point. You'll need to buy a length of gas hose and put a quick connect on the one end, and that'll eliminate the regulator on the griddle.
thanks for the reply i appreciate it, i already took the hose with the regulator off of it, never even tried to use it with that hose, i bought a gas connector, yellow gas putty, and screwed it onto where the original hose was, then bought a gas hose with the end that fits into the qd under the trailer, and connected it all tonight and it wouldnt work....,9k9

im wondering perhaps if i need to buy low pressure fittings and maybe i got high pressure fittings instead?
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:48 AM   #62
Site Team

I'm not sure about the low or high pressure part. You may be correct. Perhaps someone that's adapted their Blackstone to their camper can answer that better, and chime in later today. I'm guessing the quick connect fitting was one made for the propane quick connect, and not one for an air chuck? Second thought is if it was the first time using it, the gas may take some time to fill the line on the trailer, and get to that connection. Ours is at the back corner of our trailer, and it takes a while before our outside stove will light.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:55 AM   #63
Site Team

I forgot to mention the shutoff valve lever on the trailer side connection. The lever needs to be inline with the gas flow. You probably already know about that, because I think the newer ones have a style that only allows you to connect it in if the lever is in the "on" position(?).

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:49 AM   #64

Here is a conversion hose, there may be others on Amazon.

https://propanegear.com/blackstone-1...ct-12-ft-hose/
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riich View Post
Here is a conversion hose, there may be others on Amazon.

https://propanegear.com/blackstone-1...ct-12-ft-hose/
thanks, we have the tailgator combo, the adapter if u look at the pic on that link, my bbq doesnt have the tiny piece coming out of it, i had to buy i think a ¾" female gas bib, and used the yellow goo for gas lines and put that on the end as thats how big the end of the connector is, id love it if that adapter worked but unless i can find a step down from the connection point on the bbq to that adapter i might be sol....
Old 04-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
I forgot to mention the shutoff valve lever on the trailer side connection. The lever needs to be inline with the gas flow. You probably already know about that, because I think the newer ones have a style that only allows you to connect it in if the lever is in the "on" position(?).
yep, unfortunately im asking all these questions and its the wife and kids who are out camping, hahaha

i told her to try it both ways and see if it worked, thus far nada, but i havent talked to her today to see if it did end up working
Old 04-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #67

I bought 2 each 17 inch Blackstone griddles this past week. Really nice. The one thing is the 1 pound bottles don't last that long. So I have it hooked up to a 20 pounder.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:22 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
thanks, we have the tailgator combo, the adapter if u look at the pic on that link, my bbq doesnt have the tiny piece coming out of it, i had to buy i think a ¾" female gas bib, and used the yellow goo for gas lines and put that on the end as thats how big the end of the connector is, id love it if that adapter worked but unless i can find a step down from the connection point on the bbq to that adapter i might be sol....
Here is my first TailGator Quick Connect. It was 3 fittings. I should be able to get a shot of the shorter new fittings I have now, this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	folded shelf.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	69792

I just use a couple of standard male to female QC hoses to extend from the camper quick connect.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Here is my first TailGator Quick Connect. It was 3 fittings. I should be able to get a shot of the shorter new fittings I have now, this weekend.

Attachment 69792

I just use a couple of standard male to female QC hoses to extend from the camper quick connect.
oh wow i just hooked up the ¾ end of the gas bib to that threaded area, id love to know what 3 items u used, as with mine, it doesnt work, probably letting too much gas thru? dunno?
Old 04-12-2021, 01:23 AM   #70

Quote:

Attachment 69792

Madmax i sent u a pm, hope thats ok?
Old 04-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #71

Quote:
Madmax i sent u a pm, hope thats ok?
All good. There are a couple of choices, or ways you can do TailGater. My first attempt ended up with multiple fittings, that extended below the bottom of the folded unit. I made that rushed initial setup in the 4 days between the grill arriving, and a camping trip. I didn't like it putting pressure on the gas tube while traveling. So when I had more time, I went looking for a shorter solution, with less fittings.

All you really need are a few items.
1. Gas rated teflon tape like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-0-6-i...s-Tape/4751309
This goes on all the standard threaded connections.

2. A hose with a quick connect male and female like this:

This is the connector at the grill side, for the hose.

3. A male Quick Connect to 1/4 Inch Male NPT:

This hose connects the female Quick Connect on your RV, to the male connector you put on the grill.

4. Better yet, just buy a combination of #2 & #3 like this:

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...garden&sr=1-28

5. JR Products to the rescue. The secret sauce, that took me time to find... You need a short 3/8" female flare to 1/4" MPT coupler for the grill itself:

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-0...-garden&sr=1-4

It ends up looking like this on the grill.
Click image for larger version

Name:	grill 3_8 Male Flare converted to QC Male.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	70254

The coupler connects directly, to the grill (no pressure regulator).
The male QC connects, to the coupler.
The hose connects to the QC, on the grill.
The other end of the hose, connects to the RV QC.
Turn on both QC valves (RV and hose end), and viola!

Hope, this helps somebody out.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #72

Quote:
All good. There are a couple of choices, or ways you can do TailGater. My first attempt ended up with multiple fittings, that extended below the bottom of the folded unit. I made that rushed initial setup in the 4 days between the grill arriving, and a camping trip. I didn't like it putting pressure on the gas tube while traveling. So when I had more time, I went looking for a shorter solution, with less fittings.

All you really need are a few items.

1. Gas rated teflon tape like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-0-6-i...s-Tape/4751309

This goes on all the standard threaded connections.

2. A hose with a quick connect male and female like this:

This is the connector at the grill side, for the hose.

3. A male Quick Connect to 1/4 Inch Male NPT:

This hose connects the female Quick Connect on your RV, to the male connector you put on the grill.

4. Better yet, just buy a combination of #2 & #3 like this:

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...garden&sr=1-28

5. JR Products to the rescue. The secret sauce, that took me time to find... You need a short 3/8" female flare to 1/4" MPT coupler for the grill itself:

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-0...-garden&sr=1-4

It ends up looking like this on the grill.

Attachment 70254

The coupler connects directly, to the grill (no pressure regulator).

The male QC connects, to the coupler.

The hose connects to the QC, on the grill.

The other end of the hose, connects to the RV QC.

Turn on both QC valves (RV and hose end), and viola!

Hope, this helps somebody out.
Well damn, i had this exact connection i do believe and i still couldnt get gas to my bbq, i wonder if i need to get a new qd on the camper connection or something else might not be working up the line?

I will double chk my connector when i get home tomorrow

Thank you i appreciate the help and pics
Old 04-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #73

I have a Blackstone tailgator runnnig off trailer quick connect as well. I used this to hook up to quick connect. It works well, just connect hose to grill and go.

https://www.etrailer.com/Propane/MB_...4-120-MBS.html
Jachwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:00 PM   #74
Site Team

I saw the 17 Blackstone in Walmart today for $74.95.

Not the Tailgater unit though!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:31 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I saw the 17 Blackstone in Walmart today for $74.95.

Not the Tailgater unit though!
That's a good price for the regular 17". I have purchased three 22" in the past year,at SAMs for $99. I felt like that was a great price.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:12 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachwa View Post
I have a Blackstone tailgator runnnig off trailer quick connect as well. I used this to hook up to quick connect. It works well, just connect hose to grill and go.

https://www.etrailer.com/Propane/MB_...4-120-MBS.html
AWESOME!! THANKS ill give this a go, as nothing has worked, maybe the qd is bad on my rv? i plan to grab this hose and if it still doesnt work, ill change out the qd i suppose?
Old 04-25-2021, 05:33 PM   #77

OMG OMG.... the wife did not EVER have both lines turned to the on position for the bbq to work....WOW...so i just went out, tried a "t" fitting with 2 qd's on it and my bbq tailgator worked....disco'd that and pushed the hose end into the qd on the rv and it worked again, once i showed her how to turn each qd on & off swivel to the on position....

thank you everyone....

now my next question:

with the gas running the fridge and water heater, will there be enough pressure to run the bbq as well or will we have to turn one of them off in order to get enough pressure to the bbq?
Old 04-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #78

Quote:
OMG OMG.... the wife did not EVER have both lines turned to the on position for the bbq to work....WOW...so i just went out, tried a "t" fitting with 2 qd's on it and my bbq tailgator worked....disco'd that and pushed the hose end into the qd on the rv and it worked again, once i showed her how to turn each qd on & off swivel to the on position....

thank you everyone....

now my next question:

with the gas running the fridge and water heater, will there be enough pressure to run the bbq as well or will we have to turn one of them off in order to get enough pressure to the bbq?
I run my Fridge, My Blackstone 22 (2 burners), my Coleman Roadtrip (2 burners) and boil water on my stove inside all off the camper propane supply. I haven't experienced any gas flow issues....Yet!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:57 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I run my Fridge, My Blackstone 22 (2 burners), my Coleman Roadtrip (2 burners) and boil water on my stove inside all off the camper propane supply. I haven't experienced any gas flow issues....Yet!
awesome!!! thank you!! thats what i was hoping, but ive heard differently from around the campers..
Old 04-25-2021, 06:14 PM   #80

Quote:
awesome!!! thank you!! thats what i was hoping, but ive heard differently from around the campers..
That's why I threw in the "Yet" Lol...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote