Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2020, 12:06 AM   #1

Camco Olympian 5500 Q

Not sure where to post this, but I’ll do it here as it’s about cooking.
I’ve maybe bought a dozen different outdoor cooking devices (charcoal/gas etc)but the workhorse has always been the camco 5500 as I can hook it up to my in-line gas.
Question,
If I wanted to go for a day at the beach could I hook it up to a canister? It’s low flow so I’m not sure what shenanigans I’d have to rig up so it’d work of one of those small propane tanks. The web has nothing when I look for a solution

Thoughts?
doonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 PM   #2

Just put a quick connect on a tank compatible hose w/ regulator. The hose screws onto the tank, the hose connects to the camco just like it connects to the RV. If you don’t already have a hose, you can buy them from etrailer or Amazon, The same goes for the quick connect. I did this with both my table top grill and propane fire pit I have the luxury of using a propane tank or I can hook everything up to the RV.