Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 04:50 PM   #21

Ok I think the OP just wants to know how to make good fried chicken.

It's pretty simple. For the breading I just use 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp paprika ( if you like black pepper you can add more). Make more mix for bigger amounts of chicken if needed. In a bowl mix an egg and about 2 cups milk. Put four mix in a separate bowl or a brown paper bag (bag works well it have a couple on hand). Dip chicken parts in egg/milk mix then put one piece at a time in bag and shake or coat by flipping around in mix in bowl. Fry chicken in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven using crisco oil or any canola oil till golden brown turning when needed. You can use a premixed breading to make things easier. I like Uncle Bucks original chicken fry mix. You can get it from bass pro. It's wonderful!

I may be a Hoosier but I can throw a rock and hit Kentucky from my house. We know how to scorch some bird in these parts ��
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #22

Why don't you make it simple and add Old Bay seasoning to the flour? Best fried chicken I've ever had is from Maryland (although I am biased), and it has a little kick from the Old Bay!

Most important part is the chicken, though, after I moved to Canada and started eating chicken that was more naturally raised compared to the franken-chickens they sell in the US, well, it was a revelation. The ones they sell up here are tiny compared to what I was used to, but they taste 10x better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jflyboym View Post
Ok I think the OP just wants to know how to make good fried chicken.

It's pretty simple. For the breading I just use 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp paprika ( if you like black pepper you can add more). Make more mix for bigger amounts of chicken if needed. In a bowl mix an egg and about 2 cups milk. Put four mix in a separate bowl or a brown paper bag (bag works well it have a couple on hand). Dip chicken parts in egg/milk mix then put one piece at a time in bag and shake or coat by flipping around in mix in bowl. Fry chicken in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven using crisco oil or any canola oil till golden brown turning when needed. You can use a premixed breading to make things easier. I like Uncle Bucks original chicken fry mix. You can get it from bass pro. It's wonderful!

I may be a Hoosier but I can throw a rock and hit Kentucky from my house. We know how to scorch some bird in these parts ��
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote