Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

I have http://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-Ol...rds=camco+5500 It plugs into the low pressure propane port of my Eagle with no mods. I also bought the 10' extension hose. I moved the low pressure propane port so it is on the patio side of the TT between the slide and the door in front of the tandems. This is way more convenient than the rear. I set my grill up on the patio just across from the TT door so I can get to it easily and not leave the patio. I use a cast iron pan to cook on it if I'm not grilling.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltDog View Post
I have a two burner camp chef stove and love it. It is very versatile, stores easily in a canvas bag in my exterior storage compartment and hooks to the TT low pressure propane system so no need to worry about additional fuel. I also have the cast iron skillet (highly recommended) so you can use one burner as a griddle while using the other burner for pots/pans etc. Makes a kick-a$$ bacon and egg breakfast! This past year we also make pork fried rice, fajitas, steak & cheese subs, plus burgers and dogs and all the other standard camp fare.
X2 KiltDog, You can't beat the 2 burner Camp Chef. No extra propane to carry and no electric needed if boondocking. The one pictured in my link, is 15 years old.

2007 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS
2016 GMC Duramax Sierra 3500 HD Denali
4 Crown CR-235 6-volt batteries - 470 AH bank
3000 watt Magnum Energy MSH-3012 Tri Metric 2025
Cummins generator
Winegard Traveler DirecTV slimline HD SK-3005
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #23

I realize this is an older post but hoping some members will see it and help out. I too am researching a new tabletop grill and 2 burner cooktop for our new camper. We didn't want to attach one to the side of this new camper. Our last two campers had a rail with a 2 burner cook top. We have camped only 1 weekend with our new camper and I am missing the outdoor cooking option (aside from the campfire).
For those with a camp chef- are they tabletop? I see in BigSky's picture, he has one on legs. If anyone has a great tabletop model they love, could you let me know what model? I am also thinking the Weber Q would be a great alternative to our adjust a grill on the campfire.
This is always such a generous group of knowledgeable folks. I love checking in on this forum. Thanks in advance for the info.
Happy camping!
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #24

We have a few stoves we've used over the years but the one I like the best is the Camp Chef Oven with two burner cooktop. I make biscuits, muffins, pizza, and whatever else you want to bake in it. The cooktop itself comes with a griddle that works well for bacon & eggs, pancakes, etc. Here's an example from Amazon, although I purchased ours at Costco a couple of years ago for $129 (on sale). Love it.

Amazon.com : Camp Chef Camping Outdoor Oven with 2 Burner Camping Stove : Portable Propane Oven : Kitchen & Dining

BTW, you can use it on a table top or what I do is place it on a small wire rack that my neighbor was throwing away in his trash. It fits perfectly, is lightweight, and it locks the feet in place so there's no sliding around.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewingfamily View Post
I realize this is an older post but hoping some members will see it and help out. I too am researching a new tabletop grill and 2 burner cooktop for our new camper. We didn't want to attach one to the side of this new camper. Our last two campers had a rail with a 2 burner cook top. We have camped only 1 weekend with our new camper and I am missing the outdoor cooking option (aside from the campfire).
For those with a camp chef- are they tabletop? I see in BigSky's picture, he has one on legs. If anyone has a great tabletop model they love, could you let me know what model? I am also thinking the Weber Q would be a great alternative to our adjust a grill on the campfire.
This is always such a generous group of knowledgeable folks. I love checking in on this forum. Thanks in advance for the info.
Happy camping!
I just picked up a 2 burner Camp Chef last weekend, but haven't had a chance to try it out. It does come with legs, but they're detachable which leaves much shorter legs (a couple of inches) - I'm hoping it will be safe to use on a table as well. I'll try it out on the first trip and see how warm it gets beneath the stove, but I have high hopes for it!
Offspring22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offspring22 View Post
I just picked up a 2 burner Camp Chef last weekend, but haven't had a chance to try it out. It does come with legs, but they're detachable which leaves much shorter legs (a couple of inches) - I'm hoping it will be safe to use on a table as well. I'll try it out on the first trip and see how warm it gets beneath the stove, but I have high hopes for it!
2014 Jayco Eagle 324TSBH
2013 Chevy 2500 Suburban
3 kids (17,14,12)
Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #27

We love our Camp Chef two burner stove. We have the grill, griddle and the wife got me the pizza oven for Christmas. Can't wait to use it this season!
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #28

Having in the past been happy with Weber products I purchased the baby Weber Q for camping. Loved it so much I also use it at home - while the full size Weber just watches.

Baby used 3-4 X week. Big fellow maybe once/month.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #29

We have the three burner camp chef- heavy and bulky, but it's AWESOME. We do all of our cooking outside. I have a quick-connect hose on it so it runs off of the trailer propane, and a cover so we just set up the kitchen next to the back cargo door. Also have a griddle, and my wife got me the pizza oven for my birthday last week. Really excited to try it out!
skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewingfamily View Post
Is it the MVP model? I just saw it at Cabela's. It was a new model and had no reviews yet. Let me know how it goes.
Good Luck!!
It was a branded as Browning, but is the same as the 2 burning camp chef as far as I'm aware. This guy: Browning 2-Burner Camp Stove | Bass Pro Shops

It'll likely be another month till it's warm enough in these parts to try it out sadly.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 AM   #31

I added this quick connect for use with our Camp Chef stove. Our Fleetwood came standard with a quick connect, but the Jayco didn't. The Jayco overall quality seems so much better though now that we've owned both. So adding a quick connect didn't seem too big of a deal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1769[1].jpg  
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:37 AM   #32

The Weber is nice ,but doesnt get hot enough to sear steaks. Other than that it works fine
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #33

rick, we have a Q100 and if you leave it on for about 15 minutes it gets to 600 plus degrees. Ours does a good job. This is not connected to the trailer, when connected it is about 100 degrees lower
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
rick, we have a Q100 and if you leave it on for about 15 minutes it gets to 600 plus degrees. Ours does a good job. This is not connected to the trailer, when connected it is about 100 degrees lower
Thanks, Good to know. I actually havent let it sit and warm up for that long. I'll try it next time. Funny it gets hotter with the little propane cylinders.
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #35

I just had to try one. Picked this off eBay for $199 shipped.
Target has a couple for $229 shipped plus taxes.

Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 2 Burner Stove Model C OVEN2 | eBay
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #36

X3 on the camp chef 3 burner. I also have the grill and the griddle for it. We never cook in the trailer
Got it all from Amazon 3 burner was cheaper than 2 burner.

I don't have one, but I really
Like the idea of 30' hose
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #37

Well, after sharing all this with hubby, we decided to get a new tripod grill for fire pit cooking and a small 2 burner table top Camp Chef stove that we can tie into the RV.
We got this tripod for my DO and camp fire cooking: Tough Tripod Grill

This camp chef stove: Camp Chef Two-Burner Portable Stove : Cabela's

Can't wait to try them out!
Happy camping!
Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offspring22 View Post
Just to answer my own question - it is no problem to use on a picnic table. The griddle was hitting 400f, and the picnic table below was warm to the touch, but I could have kept my hand there all day. I also picked up a 20' quick connect hose - one thing to note, the one I got from lowes (in the bbq section) wouldn't work. The 3/8 connection to the stove worked fine, but the male quick connect end was too big - likely also 3/8. RV store had one that was a 3/8 screw connection for the stove and 1/4 quick connect for the trailer side.

Loved it over all really. Great even heat - can keep it low unlike the old coleman which was either way to hot, or off. Definitely recommend it.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #39

I know this thread has been about propane stoves/grills, but thought I'd throw this one in the mix. It's small, portable, and uses pellets for fuel. I've grilled and baked all kinds of things in mine..: Davy Crockett Pellet Grill/Smoker BBQ :. Green Mountain Grills
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, stove