Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #11

Another option for the side grill

I got the grill as an option. Its not the best location, I agree, but I use it at times. I always retract my awning.

What I use the bracket for, however, is an outdoor TV. Easy mod, I just drilled a couple of holes in a piece of wood, and put some hanging brackets on it. Perfect for outdoor movie night.

Ensign

Yamaha EF3000iseb generator
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Suitcase
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #12

I used to use a Weber Baby-Q with the folding stand when we had a seasonal site. We now use that at home on the back porch. It's a very good grill. When we got the 2015 24RKS, we got it with the bumper mounted grill. It works well and is very convenient. It's away from the siding and 3 ft from the door, so easy to take food into the kitchen. It's also not under the awning. I like it much better than putting the grill on the picnic table like we have done in the past when we did not have a seasonal site.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #13

As cra**y as the RVQ is, I continue to use it because I can't decide on a replacement. We like camping in critter/bear country, so we can't leave it out unattended. That makes a large grill really inconvenient, and the size of my family makes a small grill a problem as well. Still trying to find that "happy-medium". Agree with others about not hanging it off the side of the coach. When we ordered ours, I actually requested Jayco to not install the bracket, which they did.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #14

The one from Jayco is well not worth it. I do like the back bumper but it needs to have a little resigning. This year I will look at the other manufacturers and maybe a change.
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #15

I use my rear bumper mounted grill. It works very well and the location is great. I simply cover it when I'm not there. This winter I placed it in a bag and it is stored under my trailer.

As I'm a seasonal site camper, the smell is not an issue. Also the location is on the rear bumper and not an issue as well.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #16

Which size webber?

Many different sizes on Amazon.

I am a family of four, with two young children (6 and 9), and I want something I can easily get off the back of the truck, maybe in a plastic tote.

After reading all the responses, it is time to get rid of my Jayco side mounted grill.

Thanks.

Ensign
Yamaha EF3000iseb generator
Renogy 100 Watt Solar Suitcase
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:02 PM   #17

FWIT At the campgrounds I have worked at, by far Weber Q is the "peoples" choice.. We have used ours for several years and love it.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #18

We use the Jayco supplied side mounted BBQ regularly during the 5 months each winter we travel. It has cooked many meals - no problems.
2011 Jayco Select 28U
Equal-i-zer 1200/12000
Rotochocks

gone 2003 Chev 4x4 5.3 Extended cab
gone 1991 Award Classic 30
owenssailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #19
Site Team

I can't wait for mine to rust out so I can get a good grill.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #20

I negotiated with my dealer for a bumper-mounted RVQ grill as part of my sale. I used it frequently for about 3 months before it started "flaming" around the control dial. And the warming rack (which I never used) was so close to the main grate that I could only use the front half. It tilted toward the front, but the drain was at the back, so it collected a LOT of grease. And it was impossible to clean! (Are we seeing design issues here?)
The "flaming" around the dial got so bad, I was afraid it was going to blow up. I finally tossed it in favor of a Brinkmann table-top from Home Depot that I set on a table behind my TT (only a couple of steps from my kitchen door). I really like it. Has a nice large, easy-access grilling surface and virtually disassembles for easy cleaning. Only problem is, it uses the small disposable propane bottles, and the control dial is on the regulator. One of these days, I'll take it into a propane dealer and see if they can come up with a new dial and quick-connect fittings, so I can use the regulated outlet under my back bumper. Will also have to figure out a way to adapt it to my bumper-mount bracket, so I can ditch the table . . . one of these days.