Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
Using a seperate 20# tank w/o a regulator on the tank.
No that would not be good. Running off the trailers LP quick connect system. Running off a bottle there is no need to remove the regulator, that would obviously be dangerous. Sorry I must have misunderstood the conversation.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #22

Alright, let me sort through all of this. The Coleman will not run off of my TT's quick connect. The Weber, may or may not, if it does work it doesn't do so at full power. The Camp Chef will work off of the TT's quick connect and does so at full power. It also offers numerous accessories. I wish more people had experience with the Camp Chef especially the MVP grill. At this point I am leaning towards the Camp Chef. I really want to be able to use the quick connect on the TT, with about a 20 foot hose. Thank you for all of your input. Guess, I will add it to my Xmas list!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Alright, let me sort through all of this. The Coleman will not run off of my TT's quick connect. The Weber, may or may not, if it does work it doesn't do so at full power. The Camp Chef will work off of the TT's quick connect and does so at full power. It also offers numerous accessories. I wish more people had experience with the Camp Chef especially the MVP grill. At this point I am leaning towards the Camp Chef. I really want to be able to use the quick connect on the TT, with about a 20 foot hose. Thank you for all of your input. Guess, I will add it to my Xmas list!
I do not see how any BBQ will run properly off the trailer LP quick connect without removing the units regulator. That is why I bought the weber because the store I bought it at had experience selling them to people hooking them to their trailers LP source. They provided me with the new adapter for the quick connect and explained how to remove the regulator off the weber. I may be wrong but I can not see how any propane appliance could run properly with the propane running thru 2 regulators. JMHO

Jeff

I have not had any problems with cooking on this grill. The weber q100 is the best BBQ I have ever owned, cooks a steak to perfection.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #24

I think some of the confusion comes from when I said I am using a 20# tank and a hose. I am NOT using the campers quick link hose. If I was to do that I WOULD take the regulator OFF the grill and only use the one on the campers tanks.
Hope this helps. I LOVE my Weber. Cooks those Filets PERFECT, and everything else as well. With no wind.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #25

Krackeer the Coleman will run off the quick connect as mine does with a simple brass connection. You need a female union to do so.

Webber makes a great product but is lacking one key thing that I wanted which was an outside stove top for boiling and frying or just to saute something. The Coleman allows me to do that and also split the top in half with a grill, stove or griddle. Mix and match how I want. The camp chef is the Coleman on steroids IMHO and would require some storage space with the grill box and three burner set up. I thought it to be too bulky for my application but perhaps not yours.

All three can be converted to bypass the regulator and plugged into the quick connect fitting. I have 2 quick connects under my unit that I use both the RVQ and Coleman when we have guests. I can cook everything outdoors. Plus desert in the firepit with my DO.

Determine how you cook mostly then go from there. If you are looking for pure grill and occasional griddle then the Webber. If you want more versatility then either the CC or the Coleman will be your better choice.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #26

The CC MVP grill is only a 2 burner that puts out 25,000 BTU. It tends to lean towards the grill side, but it is my understanding that with accessories it will do all that the Coleman does. I guess I will visit there website again just to verify that. I really am looking for that versatility as well.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #27

I have the Camp Chef Expedition which is the three burner 90k BTU stove that I cook on. We have the grill as well that sits on two of the three burners. It works great for us as I can grill as well as use a pot/pan on the third grill. There is five of us eating so we need to be able to cook a fair amount of food. The only downside I have with the stove is that when I use the grill I cannot use the wind screen (the wind screen is taller than the grill and you cannot open the grill without hitting the wind screen). I have not had a problem though with it blowing out from the wind. I also have a 20' hose that attaches directly to the stove (no regulator) than to the quick connect on the back of our TT. Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #28

My Weber will run off of the Quick disconnect, but it will take longer to heat up and it will not get as hot. On mine with the 1 pound bottle it will get to 500 degrees in no time, hooked to disconnect it will only get to 400 drgrees but takes longer. If the top is down then I don't think that there is much differance, if cooking with it up than there is. Now that is also running thru both regulaters.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
My Weber will run off of the Quick disconnect, but it will take longer to heat up and it will not get as hot. On mine with the 1 pound bottle it will get to 500 degrees in no time, hooked to disconnect it will only get to 400 drgrees but takes longer. If the top is down then I don't think that there is much differance, if cooking with it up than there is. Now that is also running thru both regulaters.
Pacany, you only need one regulator. If your trailer has a quick connect fitting on it then you do not need a regator between the stove and the quick connect. The regulator on the trailer will lower the gas pressure already. Remove your second regulator at the stove and you will see that it runs the same as when it is on its own bottle. I have two hoses for my stove. One is with the female swivel and male quick connect to hook from the stove to the trailer (when I am camping) and the other is the female swivel and a propane regulator (when I need the stove as a standalone away from the trailer). Ryan
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-guy View Post
Pacany, you only need one regulator. If your trailer has a quick connect fitting on it then you do not need a regator between the stove and the quick connect. The regulator on the trailer will lower the gas pressure already. Remove your second regulator at the stove and you will see that it runs the same as when it is on its own bottle. I have two hoses for my stove. One is with the female swivel and male quick connect to hook from the stove to the trailer (when I am camping) and the other is the female swivel and a propane regulator (when I need the stove as a standalone away from the trailer). Ryan
I do understand but I also want the capability of using the 1 pound bottle with out having to change a lot of things around. Was just explaining what our Weber does with both regulators hook up.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #31

Got to looking around at other various Camp Chef products and came across this one. It actually has 384 sq inches of grilling space and still has an open burner. Heck, I could boil low country boil on one burner, and grill or griddle on the other 2. http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-SPG-...ig+gas+grill+3

Old 10-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #32

Quote:
Got to looking around at other various Camp Chef products and came across this one. It actually has 384 sq inches of grilling space and still has an open burner. Heck, I could boil low country boil on one burner, and grill or griddle on the other 2. http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-SPG-...ig+gas+grill+3
You have now found the perfect grill.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #33

I fired up the Q200 for the first time yesterday. Running on a small bottle and intentionally set in a stiff southern wind. It heated up great, gave a nice sear to my 3/4" thick center cut pork chops and cooked them is just a little longer than the big Weber Genesis on my back porch. I can't imagine the wind had much effect on cooking. I am used to cooking with the lid closed, which is pretty much standard on Weber's.

Next to test is removing the onboard regulator and hooking directly to the RV quick connect.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #34

Smile

Weber is better than Camp Chef grill. it proved to be very beneficial during RVing. It makes cooking easy and fast .
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #35

We have the Webber Q100 and love it.
Cooks great, plenty of cooking surface for the 2 of us and small enough to store easily for travel.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #36

Weber Q100, glad i didn't go bigger. So light it comes out of our hatch and right back in after eating.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #37

One reason I am leaning towards the Camp Chef is that on occasion, I feed a small army. My TT sleeps twelve and when I bring my 15 yr old, one of her friends, and two of my other daughters and there husbands, and then 2 grandkids as well as me and the wife.....well I need alot of cooking space!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #38

After much research, I bought the weber q and have never regretted the decision. The grill is extraordinary and the clean ability is unequaled. At home I use a big green egg, so I am serious about my grilling. The weber, with the cast iron gate, is built like a tank and cooks so very well. Go with the Q!
Rustyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #39

Quote:
One reason I am leaning towards the Camp Chef is that on occasion, I feed a small army. My TT sleeps twelve and when I bring my 15 yr old, one of her friends, and two of my other daughters and there husbands, and then 2 grandkids as well as me and the wife.....well I need alot of cooking space!
yes you do