Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

2008 Jayco Recon ZX

Hello and greetings from the Pacific NorthWest. My Wife and I recently purchased Recon Zx and have had a few issues. The first was a meltdown of the stock Automatic Transfwer Switch after finding out some intersting information on these, I urge you to please check yours and see if it is wired to small. I have 50 Amp capabilities and this box was wired at 10 guage, incoming power from Jayco was 6 guage and was unharmed. This was about a month ago and now I have had a landing jack failure, does anybody know where I can get a used jack from a salvage yards or parts for this Atwood product? I tore mine down and have found a small washer seems to be the only thing destroyed and I hate to pay the money for a new one when I can fix this one easily, Atwood was no help. We love the trailer and look forward to many years of service, we purchased it from friends in Mn and towed it home in September and thouroughly enjoyed using but now we have some bugs to work out. Has anybody else found that is seems like an awful lot of stuff needs tightened after every trip, the previouse owners stated the same thing, you will need to own a screwdriver.
Thanks for your time, look forward to posting on here and hearing about your adventures.
God Bless, Ranger and Anita
This is a picture our setup in the park that I manage.
Attached Thumbnails
005.jpg  
Ranger Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

Write directly to Atwood (google them) they will be happy to send you a new part... and often they will include upgrades to the jack that have been made since it was manufactured..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #3

I did and they said there were no parts to be had and I would have to go through a distributor.
If you have a number for someone, I would be very interested. I called Atwood Mobile products in Indiannathanks for your time.
Ranger Ric is offline   Reply With Quote